Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4038097)   #326
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I assume that those vouchers are from an agency rather than the ACO themselves, my tickets are with the ACO direct so presume they will still be valid, however i suspect i will have to pay another years aco membership. Oh well as long as i get my tickets i will have to accept the cost.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4038099)   #327
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Good news on our side of the pond. President Biden announcing today that there will be enough vaccines for every adult American by the end of May.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03...-to-boost-supp
Old 2 Mar 2021, 22:53 (Ref:4038104)   #328
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Racer reporting August now too (with fans!): https://racer.com/2021/03/02/le-mans...uamOa-e9oYNO9M
Old 3 Mar 2021, 06:59 (Ref:4038139)   #329
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I assume that those vouchers are from an agency rather than the ACO themselves
No, direct from ACO. Bought my tickets direct and the credit note is also from ACO.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4038165)   #330
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Just checked the credit note I got for the 2020 race and it says:

"This voucher is valid from 18/08/2020 and until May 31st, 2021 for 2021 24 HEURES DU MANS tickets of same type, category and price as initially booked and pending on availability. It can also be used as a deposit for another product with a higher price. Failing to use your credit note before its valid period, you will be fully refunded from June 1st, 2021."
You'd imagine if they can get this new date firmed up then they could look to put tickets on sale before the end of May. The question is whether they try to limit the numbers at this stage.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4038227)   #331
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least it won't be as late as last year and there is a better chance of people attending. Hopefully they can get everything sorted once everyone knows what's going with regards to travel and the like
Old 3 Mar 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4038257)   #332
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, direct from ACO. Bought my tickets direct and the credit note is also from ACO.
Interesting, i never got any credit note from them just a tickets will be rolled over email.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4038284)   #333
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Interesting, i never got any credit note from them just a tickets will be rolled over email.
I’ve delayed, cancelled, refunded and rolled over so many tickets in the last year that it’s a blur. I decided to bail on LM 2020 when the village idea was announced and I believe that’s when I took the offered option for a credit note.

Did you wait until the final ‘no spectators’ announcement? If so, that might explain why you weren’t given the credit note option.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4038316)   #334
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I’ve delayed, cancelled, refunded and rolled over so many tickets in the last year that it’s a blur. I decided to bail on LM 2020 when the village idea was announced and I believe that’s when I took the offered option for a credit note.

Did you wait until the final ‘no spectators’ announcement? If so, that might explain why you weren’t given the credit note option.
I held on to my tickets and was still offered the credit note. I think the difference is ordering online vs with the tourist office.

So I'm in the same position as you. Albeit it's not super clear to me how to redeem this online when tickets do go on sale.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4038422)   #335
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it does take place in August and there are international travel restrictions, there could be an opportunity or someone to run a 'Le Mans in the UK' event where we all go and camp up in a field and watch on a giant screen whilst drinking beer and burning sausages on a bbq.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4038427)   #336
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
If it does take place in August and there are international travel restrictions, there could be an opportunity or someone to run a 'Le Mans in the UK' event where we all go and camp up in a field and watch on a giant screen whilst drinking beer and burning sausages on a bbq.
That's a really good idea .
Old 3 Mar 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4038430)   #337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Better than watching at home, for sure....
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4038524)   #338
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
And maybe we could persudae a few people to bring 50 plus cars and race them round and round for a day....
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4038530)   #339
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just been reading a rather depressing report about the situation in France. It seems that contrary to what is being seen as relatively relaxed approaches to lock downs, there is a likelihood of a nationwide lock down in the next week or two. This is due to the increased cases of the virus in many major hubs including Paris, Nice, Dunkirk etc.

If the stories are to be believed then any form of gathering is highly unlikely before Autumn at the earliest. The article is behind a paywall unfortunately.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4038542)   #340
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The last info from "our" musk dated 2nd March 2021 states that there are a lot of discussions, blah, blah, blah between ministries and so on. Some are very satisfied to be talking while the others are listening and understanding.

At the moment, only professionals and/or assimilated and some school groups are allowed to practice and not subject to lockdown or curfew.
Nothing about the amateurs, if my understanding is correct, we're supposed to have a lockdown during weekends till next communication.
Other specs I dont understand refer to 5km around home, one hour in total and once a day.

As to the health situation, apart from a lot of people being fed up with this mess, I'd more likely rely on Peter's infos for instance rather than what is dispatched through our independent media…
My source as to sports in general: https://www.ffsa.org/Pages/Actus/202...e-karting.aspx just scroll down and find "un tableau explicatif". Clear, isn't it?
Hope this is not the wrong thread.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4038601)   #341
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
New dates confirmed August 21/22

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/t...ust-2021-54867
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4038602)   #342
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Confirmed delayed until 21/22 August.

'Details on ticketing will be released by the end of April.

We are eager for spectators to attend the race this year and are taking all health precautions to ensure a safe event.'
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4038603)   #343
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Move to August Confirmed.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...22-august.html
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4038606)   #344
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Pierre Fillon, President of the Automobile Club de l’Ouest: “Although it was a tough decision to make, it is the right one. Holding the 24 Hours of Le Mans behind closed doors for the second year running would be unthinkable. We are therefore doing all we can to avoid that happening and to give competitors a clear view of the whole season. We are working very hard to put on a safe event, with all the necessary health precautions in place. This year’s race promises to be another thriller as the new Hypercar class makes its debut.”
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4038607)   #345
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fillon refers to holding it for a second year huis clos as 'unthinkable'.......

Edit. Sorry, didn't see your post Christopher......
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4038613)   #346
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep just had the ACO email. oh well at least we know for certain
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4038615)   #347
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Definitely the right decision in the circumstances.

Presumably this is in consultation with the French government and is based on their plan for potential dates restriction will be lifted.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4038616)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yep just had the ACO email. oh well at least we know for certain
I don't think we actually know for certain yet Simon. The ACO clearly doesn't want to (and probably can't afford to) run the event behind closed doors again, but a lot needs to happen in the next five months to achieve that certainty. I see that the email says

'...when there will be a chance of spectators being able to attend the race...'

I know you'll tell me I'm being pessimistic, but we've been up and down on this now for a year or more and the situation right now is actually no more certain than it was this time last year, IMO.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4038617)   #349
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well new dates do not appear to clash with the silverstone classic, which is good as i intend being driven/driving around the circuit for the triumph stag anniversary parade. I know things may still change but lets hope all goes well
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4038618)   #350
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd like to think there's a decent chance of that one happening!