Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2019, 02:35 (Ref:3903839)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheese Alpine: The cars are Racing Points

That’s the best I can come up with. What can be said about Renault? er, let’s think...

It seems such a long time now since they won the French Grand Prix by over half an hour. A great notable victory, beating an Italian car into second. Mercedes could only muster 10th and 11th, barely on the same lap.

Now they have two decent peddlers. Yet they are nowhere. The car is not a 2019 Williams, but it’s not exactly factory.

Where do they end up this year? Can they do it again? That team always seemed to punch above their budget.

What is the main problem with that car? The engine, brakes, aero, or a bit of everything?
Old 15 May 2019, 02:44 (Ref:3903843)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must say that I prefer the question in the title. Everytime I see the Williams thread title, I answer 'no' in my head.

I would suggest: Renault - Did they race last weekend?
Old 15 May 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3903844)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yellow is the new grey.
Old 15 May 2019, 05:22 (Ref:3903845)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber to Renault?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 May 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3903846)   #5
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Typical European car,eats up money and breaks down regularly.
Old 15 May 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3903851)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post

Most accurate statement on TenTenths this year.

Adam hasn't seen the Renaults run in the wet yet, the paint will probably wash off!
Old 15 May 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3903950)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Renault have been the disappointments of the season so far. From best of the rest last season, no progress has been made and are now at best qualifying on the cusp on the top ten.
Old 15 May 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3903951)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In answer to the thread title: Yes thay are.
Old 15 May 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3903961)   #9
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The bigger worry than the lack of pace, is that the Renault car is inherently flawed and wrong. Braking is poor. Traction is poor. Downforce levels are inconsistent and unpredictable.

It suggests problems with the way they design and develop the car. Making the car easy to drive, with consistent and predictable downforce should be the foundation before trying to chase performance.

Renault seem instead of have found high levels of theoretical peak performance in ideal conditions on the drawing board, but this is useless if it can't be put into practice... Keeping on that path will lead nowhere IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Now, now, everyone knows French cars are superb and the best of the best.
Old 15 May 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3904053)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They’ve got the best braker out there and made a car that is awful under braking. Style.
Old 18 May 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3904521)   #11
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to know why they have Alain Prost, aged 64, as an advisor?
Nothing on their car relates to when he raced...
Old 18 May 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3904524)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I suspect he has the title advisor, but his function is to keep sponsors and guests entertained. Better call him advisor get him on telly than call him a tour rep.

It would be cool to be a guest of Renault and get to meet Prost
Old 18 May 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3904525)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I'd like to know why they have Alain Prost, aged 64, as an advisor?
Nothing on their car relates to when he raced...
Possibly for the same reason, and just as relevant, when Lauda was an advisor at Ferrari in the mid-'90s?

Or does it mean that once a car's technology moves on, a former F1 champion has nothing to offer to a team?
Old 18 May 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3904551)   #14
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Prost at 64.. as Ayse says, quite right.. it's all down to sponsors and guests..
Old 18 May 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3904579)   #15
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In answer to the thread title: Yes thay are.
Okay, I can't let this go, I have to disagree. Well I don't have to, but I will, because, as I mentioned earlier in this post, I can't let this go.

Back on topic: the Renault's aren't simply yellow. IMO, the RS19 is yellow AND black. One could argue in fact that the livery's actually more black than yellow but that's a whole 'nother thread. At the very least, calling the cars 'yellow' is an obvious oversimplification.
Old 19 May 2019, 05:03 (Ref:3904605)   #16
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
One could argue in fact that the livery's actually more black than yellow but that's a whole 'nother thread. At the very least, calling the cars 'yellow' is an obvious oversimplification.

It was yellow but somebody (unfortunately) decided to paint it black instead.

Old 19 May 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3904642)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Okay, I can't let this go, I have to disagree. Well I don't have to, but I will, because, as I mentioned earlier in this post, I can't let this go.

Back on topic: the Renault's aren't simply yellow. IMO, the RS19 is yellow AND black. One could argue in fact that the livery's actually more black than yellow but that's a whole 'nother thread. At the very least, calling the cars 'yellow' is an obvious oversimplification.
I was of course wrong. It's "they" not "thay". Carry on......
Old 19 May 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3904646)   #18
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Prost at 64.. as Ayse says, quite right.. it's all down to sponsors and guests..

This thread is enthralling. Not only do we have spelling mistakes but other tenthers are being dragged in without their knowledge. Just wait until Bauble gets to know.
Old 19 May 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3904671)   #19
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
This thread is enthralling. Not only do we have spelling mistakes but other tenthers are being dragged in without their knowledge. Just wait until Bauble gets to know.
Now you've been and gone and done it.
Old 20 May 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3904948)   #20
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Most accurate statement on TenTenths this year.

Adam hasn't seen the Renaults run in the wet yet, the paint will probably wash off!
Can carbon rust? Or will Renault find a way to make it happen
Old 20 May 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3904963)   #21
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then the cars will be brown (as well as smelly)!
Old 13 Jul 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3917323)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... what’s the deal with the Renault chassis?
For the second time this year, Mr Ricciardo has cracked a full house carbon fibre chassis tub, this time by running over a kerb harshly.

Are the Renault tubs made from paper mache?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Jul 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3917638)   #23
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

It was yellow but somebody (unfortunately) decided to paint it black instead.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ysia_FP2_1.jpg
I absolutely loved that livery.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 00:38 (Ref:3920333)   #24
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
The cars are yellow - so are the trucks apparently.

In other news, Alain Prost joins the Board of the team in a similar capacity to that of the late Niki Lauda at Mercedes. Interesting list of directors in this article though - now we all know that Renault is a French company but from a racing point of view, that has not always been the best F1 recipe and in this case all the Directors are French.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3920358)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I knew Prost was already at Renault in some capacity. Of course it was often said that his failure with his own team was that he was too nice a guy. We'll see, certainly he was always remembered in F1 for having a sensible head on, so hopefully that will see through here