Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jan 2022, 22:41 (Ref:4094473)   #176
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Ah, the French being French again!
Throw in a dose of the business that is F1 ..... big money, big ego's.

Whatever, Alain Prosts opinion will be heard because he has F1 credibility.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 23:52 (Ref:4094491)   #177
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But will the cars still be blue if BWT come on board as the main sponsor?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...-join/7358133/
Old 20 Jan 2022, 00:02 (Ref:4094493)   #178
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does that mean I can get back to cheering for Ocon in a pink car. Cool.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 00:06 (Ref:4094495)   #179
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...-join/7358133/
Maybe the cars will look like a can of Cherry Pepsi Max now.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 02:23 (Ref:4094497)   #180
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Pity
young Oscar P could have learned much from the professor
Old 20 Jan 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4094593)   #181
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Enstone still got more colours then Benetton!
Old 20 Jan 2022, 19:22 (Ref:4094629)   #182
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The colours don't seem very united at the moment!
Old 21 Feb 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4099647)   #183
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Alpine: The cars are pink at the moment, will be blue later.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 19:16 (Ref:4099654)   #184
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 21 Feb 2022, 19:21 (Ref:4099655)   #185
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The pink one looks better.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4099657)   #186
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The cars are Racing Points.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 21:56 (Ref:4099675)   #187
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
The cars are Racing Points.
Wonder if Otmar took a shed load of tracing paper with him as part of his separation payment?
Old 22 Feb 2022, 06:56 (Ref:4099707)   #188
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I mean they both look terrible... The design elements (or lack thereof) like the small Tricolore on the sharkfin that just stops, and random blue stripe on the rear wing endplate for no reason, seem terribly incohesive.

Surely the Tricolore on the sharkfin should turn into a stripe that runs up to the front of the car to separate the blue and pink or something?

Then either the top of the rear wing only should be pink with a dividing line to blue (say white or another Tricolore, like for example how the Aston has a yellow stripe to divide the green and black parts of their rear wing), or the whole rear wing should be pink. Not half-half with no design elements to divide the two colours IMO.

Perhaps white wings would make the car look more pleasing?

I would probably change to this shade of Alpine French racing blue to be more sympathetic to the white & pink, and then put BWT on white front and rear wings IMO:

That way white could be used as the dividing colour to divide the 'Mild Seven blue' bits and 'BWT pink' bits. While the red on the Mapfre logo would pick up the detail from the red Tricolore on the sharkfin.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 22 Feb 2022 at 07:16.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 23:35 (Ref:4099814)   #189
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting in a Motorsport and F1 Blog that the colours and livery constitute such a level of posting content while the fact that Renault/Alpine are introducing an entirely new engine and torbo concept is ignored.

That seems to me to be either a very successful blind siding job by the team or an indication that the media and the fans have lost interest in the technological side of racing in favour of what generates the most social network clicks.

Facebook and tik tok I could understand but here on Ten Tenths????
Old 22 Feb 2022, 23:48 (Ref:4099816)   #190
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Interesting in a Motorsport and F1 Blog that the colours and livery constitute such a level of posting content while the fact that Renault/Alpine are introducing an entirely new engine and torbo concept is ignored.

That seems to me to be either a very successful blind siding job by the team or an indication that the media and the fans have lost interest in the technological side of racing in favour of what generates the most social network clicks.

Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same Tony.
Renaults new split turbo may be a total game changer, and I reckon they are the dark horse for the season ahead, but then nobody knows what is actually going on in the PU's so they are just black boxes and difficult to report anything about.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 01:08 (Ref:4099822)   #191
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same Tony.
Renaults new split turbo may be a total game changer, and I reckon they are the dark horse for the season ahead, but then nobody knows what is actually going on in the PU's so they are just black boxes and difficult to report anything about.
Mercedes supposedly made significant changes as well. Honda has not stopped development either. I assume the same for Ferrari. I believe the PU development freeze starts as soon as they submitted the homologated engines for 2022 season (probably somewhat recently). I believe they can still make "reliability" improvements going forward. I can imagine there is an increased risk for early reliability issues.

Even with all of these changes, I would tend to put money on Mercedes and/or Honda ahead of Renault. But who knows. Maybe Renault figured it all out.

Richard
Old 23 Feb 2022, 01:20 (Ref:4099824)   #192
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Take your point Oldtony and it's well made. For me, as Richard says there are (we believe) a number of changes to power units from different manufacturers and to me, it is all meaningless until we see how they all stack up against each other at the first few races.

Whereas of course, liveries and colour schemes we can see and comment on now.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 01:36 (Ref:4099826)   #193
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I know they are going to a split turbo like Mercedes from 2014-on or Honda from 2017-on (i.e., compressor at the front of the engine, set into the fuel and oil tanks, with a long shaft running to the turbine at the rear of the engine by the gearbox). It seems they have also targeted improved packaging for aerodynamics and as well improved performance. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating there, what is there to say until the Alpine-Renault is powering past people on the straights?

It is a LOT of pressure on Alpine to go from running a 2019 car with a 2019 engine for three seasons (since they took the decision to run the 2019 again in 2020 to save money and focus on the rule changes, then the rule freeze meant they sort of had to run that again in 2021 -- though Honda did bring a brand new engine in 2021, so Renault could have brought their new engine forward for 2021 if it was ready), to now be expected to produce a championship contending car in one go (albeit officially they are aiming for P5 WCC).

It's the only car with the radiator inlets located rearwards, instead of towards the front of the legality box which is an interesting choice. Pat Fry usually produces good cars though, but the political and media pressure on Alpine to succeed is arguably even greater than Ferrari...

Strangely the original 5 year plan from 2016 for Renault to win titles is dropped, and now they are aiming to win in 100 races from now IIRC. Weird!

The team seems to be engulfed in politics: Taffin (engine chief) out, Bukowski (team principal/technical director) out, Prost (senior advisor) out... If these personnel have produced a championship-winning engine and chassis, it doesn't seem they will be able to stick around to run it, which is a shame.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 23 Feb 2022 at 01:50.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 01:39 (Ref:4099828)   #194
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I think it's also a bit of great, so you've learned what others did 3 years ago. Nice to have you here again guys, now could you move forward so teams might consider using your engine instead of everything possible to not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It is a LOT of pressure on Alpine to go from running a 2019 car with a 2019 engine for three seasons, to now be expected to produce a championship contending car in one go (albeit officially they are aiming for P5 WCC).
It appears to be an Alpine strategy, how old is their WEC effort now? 1995 or so? And delayed again was it not? I jest but it's not exactly like they have been setting the world alight with the Alpine name the last few years have they
Old 12 Mar 2022, 14:59 (Ref:4102229)   #195
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bahrain testing.

Old 12 Mar 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4102241)   #196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 12 Mar 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4102246)   #197
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The blue would look better if the pink followed the body line up and over the halo. It's a natural line to follow but may not look as good from above.
Old 13 Mar 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4102283)   #198
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they are both good, although I prefer it with the blue rather than just pink. The two colours blend in well together
Old 13 Mar 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4102331)   #199
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like Windolene, it polishes up better.
Old 26 Aug 2022, 07:36 (Ref:4123700)   #200
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So - did Alonso's switch really come as a surprise for the team?

Fernando Alonso has denied that his manager Flavio Briatore was the architect behind his shock F1 switch from Alpine to Aston Martin.

Ricciardo is open for a return to the team.

'Ricciardo tells Sky Sports F1 in exclusive interview he would be open to return to Renault family with Alpine'