Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Nov 2020, 02:45 (Ref:4014453)   #26
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Opps maybe I should have said "what are you taking"
Yes you should have;-) , but it can be a tad difficult to think straight if your smoking he he he
Old 2 Nov 2020, 05:01 (Ref:4014459)   #27
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post
Absolutely nothing to do with COVID. This COVID thing is the trojan horse being used to bring about a "carbon neutral" world.

Next on the chopping block - petrol powered PRIVATE car.

I give motorsport as we currently know it 5 years max!

Welcome to the "NEW NORMAL"! All been scammed!
A statement like that is sure to get some strong reaction but it will be interesting to look back in five years time and see if it is anywhere near accurate. Some people will react because they just can't comprehend major change but that is human nature for most people. It will change but within five years might be a bit early. Some series have already started the process, BTCC being one, what do those who have reacted here think about that? Do they think a major series such as BTCC is out of step to the world?
Old 2 Nov 2020, 13:46 (Ref:4014544)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
So the SA Labor leader has signed an agreement with Supercars to bring the race back if Labor wins the next State election. Next election due in March 2022.

It's all getting a bit serious down there!

Story here for those with Apple News or access through News Corp firewall
Old 2 Nov 2020, 14:30 (Ref:4014553)   #29
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Speedcafe story on same subject.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 00:27 (Ref:4014640)   #30
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Sandown has been ""in the gun" for 5+ years. Competitors have been enjoying it while it's there.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 02:48 (Ref:4014655)   #31
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Means just about as much as John Howard promising not to introduce a GST....oh I forgot, that was not a core promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
So the SA Labor leader has signed an agreement with Supercars to bring the race back if Labor wins the next State election. Next election due in March 2022.

It's all getting a bit serious down there!

Story here for those with Apple News or access through News Corp firewall
Old 3 Nov 2020, 05:21 (Ref:4014660)   #32
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is, Supercars failed to incorporate a car painting competition into the event so they could claim it was an artistic/cultural event rather than just a sporting venture (it is Adelaide, after all)
Old 3 Nov 2020, 06:53 (Ref:4014667)   #33
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Tickets for 2021 adelaide "clipsal" 500 going for good price on ebay now if you hurry
Old 3 Nov 2020, 09:23 (Ref:4014690)   #34
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What’s with Supercars firmly planting their mast with Labor?

Stay out of politics and just deal with who is in power at the time.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 12:40 (Ref:4014714)   #35
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What’s with Supercars firmly planting their mast with Labor?

Stay out of politics and just deal with who is in power at the time.
Supercars will chase the $$$, doesn't matter who is handing it out
Old 3 Nov 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4014779)   #36
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M91 View Post
Supercars will chase the $$$, doesn't matter who is handing it out
There aren’t any dollars to hand out right now!

They’ve aligned themselves with a party that’s not in power, “might” get into power.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 23:47 (Ref:4014791)   #37
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Smacks of desperation from both sides. Supercars and SA Labor.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 4 Nov 2020, 01:06 (Ref:4014793)   #38
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Straw clutching
Old 5 Nov 2020, 01:31 (Ref:4014923)   #39
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
The best outcome could be for the Adelaide Parklands circuit to host a Formula E race (post-COVID). It possibly could be held on a shorter circuit, similar to the one used for the Motorsport Festival (but obviously with proper barriers!).

It would be an internationally relevant event and feature all the big-name manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Audi, DS, BMW and so on.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 05:08 (Ref:4014942)   #40
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The best outcome could be for the Adelaide Parklands circuit to host a Formula E race (post-COVID). It possibly could be held on a shorter circuit, similar to the one used for the Motorsport Festival (but obviously with proper barriers!).

It would be an internationally relevant event and feature all the big-name manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Audi, DS, BMW and so on.
Adelaide is exactly the race that suits FE, a small circuit, cheaper to set up, can be close or in the city with no noise issues and the big names involved with heaps of sponsors. I would not be surprised to see an allied bike series attached to it in a few years using the same recipe or racing on the same program.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 06:45 (Ref:4014943)   #41
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But who would attend ?
Each to their own but I watched the first season of Formula E but hardly ever watch a race now.
Any interest in the racing was spoilt by the garbage background music and all the fake hype.
I know I am an old ******* but I wouldnt walk out the front door to watch if there was a race in my street.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4014947)   #42
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
But who would attend ?
Each to their own but I watched the first season of Formula E but hardly ever watch a race now.
Any interest in the racing was spoilt by the garbage background music and all the fake hype.
I know I am an old ******* but I wouldnt walk out the front door to watch if there was a race in my street.
A lot of people think that way but a lot of people also like the idea of FE and the whole concept. The fact that it is still a viable series with huge manufacturer and sponsor interest is telling us that yes there is interest but not from old farts like me. In the end it is motor racing and like other forms of motor racing we all have our likes and dislikes. I wouldn't walk outside to watch a truck race and I was heavily involved in heavy transport for a large part of my working life. Each to their own.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 06:19 (Ref:4015124)   #43
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to see people travelling interstate or from NZ to watch a few Formula E races with the Jags as support.
Its a pretty slim program.
Hardly worth setting up all the infrastructure.
But yes it does have manufacturer support.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4015190)   #44
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
erm

Why would Formula E be a support ?

No V8s = no show IMHO

Call me old school. I dont disagree with Formula E but its not taken off yet here
Old 7 Nov 2020, 03:28 (Ref:4015292)   #45
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely nothing to do with COVID. This COVID thing is the trojan horse being used to bring about a "carbon neutral" world.

Next on the chopping block - petrol powered PRIVATE car.

I give motorsport as we currently know it 5 years max!

Welcome to the "NEW NORMAL"! All been scammed!

Well Well Well??

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/11/07...plan-for-gen3/
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 7 Nov 2020, 03:39 (Ref:4015295)   #46
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
erm

Why would Formula E be a support ?

No V8s = no show IMHO

Call me old school. I dont disagree with Formula E but its not taken off yet here
Who mentioned Formula E as a support ? There was a claim that it would be the perfect replacement for the V8s as it would appeal to the basket weavers.
Personally I couldnt care less either way what the SA govt wastes money on.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 03:44 (Ref:4015297)   #47
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Quote:
Supercars needs to stick to being an entertainment and forget trying to be relevant to the manufacturers.
Manufacturers arent interested any more.
The road car appearance of the bodyshells is a step in the right direction but lets keep the drivetrains simple for another 5 years and reassess.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 04:50 (Ref:4015309)   #48
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Nothing new there - the plan to go hybrid, or at least ready to, was announced a long time ago. This article spells out current detail.

With NASCAR planning to go hybrid as early as 2022 and commonalities between the engines, it could make sense for supercars to go a similar way - V8 engines but with hybrid boost effectively.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 02:42 (Ref:4015433)   #49
Casper
Veteran

There is nothing more simple than a full electric drive train, a V8 is way more complex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
The road car appearance of the bodyshells is a step in the right direction but lets keep the drivetrains simple for another 5 years and reassess.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 11:51 (Ref:4015469)   #50
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I made the statement to a few friends about 6 months ago that Covid19 will be used as the excuse to get a whole raft of stuff done or cancelled that would normally be politically difficult to achieve normally.

So far so good on that prediction on several fronts.