Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2764031)   #1
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans 2011 - Teams & Drivers - News and Rumour

This might be a little early, but i think it's needed that we get a thread where we can collect all discussions concerning general Le Mans type stuff.
For an example, a discussion of who is going to be at Le Mans 2011 would be good to have here, as it otherwise might fill up other threads.

So to start of, which manufactures will we have in which classes next year?
Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2764102)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We already have a 'who's going' thread, so let's be clear that you're talking of competitors......
Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2764111)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I have a nagging feeling that LMP2 at Le Mans in 2011 is going to revert to being the class of the last man standing. This year was a (possibly unreplicable) high point... only two retirements, one of them from accident damage. There's just too many new car-engine combinations on the horizon.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 06:09 (Ref:2764279)   #4
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe it's just me, but there always seems to be plenty of rumours, but not enough of them turn into reality.

Back in 2009, I seem to recall Alfa Romeo announcing that they would be at Le Mans in 2011, but I've heard nothing since. Going back further there was the Aston Martin that Martin Brundle was going to race in GT1 with Mark Blundell. The "Porsche to return to P1" story is overdue to be taken out and dusted off.

Having said all that, aren't we due for a participation by another major manufacturer? Audi have nothing left to prove and Peugeot won't be around forever.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2764301)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we do have the new Aston
Old 25 Sep 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2764367)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who will actually be in Lmp1 next year?.
3x Peugeots
3x Audis
1x Oreca/Peugeot (maybe one of the 3 Peugeot)
2-3x AMR's
2x Rebellions (Lola Toyotas)
1x Strakka HPD?
Any other?
Old 25 Sep 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2764380)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm wondering if there is any scope for a 908 HDI FAP or an R15plus to compete at Le Mans next year in private hands? We now know these cars will not need to have the shark fins installed. These cars in capable private hands, could win if luck goes their way.

Can these cars be coupled with the new regs or are these last two ILMC races the last we will see of them?
Old 25 Sep 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2764381)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm wondering if there is any scope for a 908 HDI FAP or an R15plus to compete at Le Mans next year in private hands? We now know these cars will not need to have the shark fins installed. These cars in capable private hands, could win if luck goes their way.

Can these cars be coupled with the new regs or are these last two ILMC races the last we will see of them?
They are allowed, but in a heavily restricted version.
I believe they are history very soon.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2764474)   #9
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if they will make the 24hrs but Team RLR have been announced as the first customer for Judd's new BMW based 4 litre engine. Any other news on production engine based P2 motors?

http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/09/...m-rlr-in-2011/
Old 26 Sep 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2765099)   #10
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some big rumours about AF Corse with one Ferrari powered LMP2. They had a doubt between a standar customer chassis or something new.... (the second option would be a feet in the water for Ferrari)
Old 26 Sep 2010, 21:29 (Ref:2765113)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
There are some big rumours about AF Corse with one Ferrari powered LMP2. They had a doubt between a standar customer chassis or something new.... (the second option would be a feet in the water for Ferrari)
Who would build that new chassis!?
Dallara?
Old 27 Sep 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2765760)   #12
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Who would build that new chassis!?
Dallara?
The Ferrari 333SP was a dallara, it would be a good option for a foot on the water....
Old 27 Sep 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2765774)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
The Ferrari 333SP was a dallara, it would be a good option for a foot on the water....
No.
If Ferrari will make a LMP car again, it will not be a Toe-in-the-water.
It's too obviously if they did.
If Ferrari are going to order a chassis, it will be factory effort, where they are going all in.

The Toyota/Dome project was a failure for Toyota, as they used a lot of money on a very good car, but didn't pull it through and both Toyota and Dome lost face on the whole thing.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2766246)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I know it might be sad tp say but they interviewed Ben Collins on the Alan Titchmarsh show this evening and he stated that he would be racing at Le mans in 2011.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2766323)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I know it might be sad tp say but they interviewed Ben Collins on the Alan Titchmarsh show this evening and he stated that he would be racing at Le mans in 2011.
Most probably with RML? They had a lot of attention at Silverstone during the autograph session due to Ben. Less said about the Alan Titchmarsh show the better.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2766761)   #16
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan - as per rumours at end of the race?
Old 1 Oct 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2767778)   #17
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
the test day is back, on April 24th 2011: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5406.html it's said that il will be obligatory for the ILMC entrants and competitors and builders hope it.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2773262)   #18
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on Matech entering again or any one using a Matech GT in 2011?
Old 23 Oct 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2778920)   #19
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
When is the ACO going to officially issue the invitations for next year's race to teams which would be eligible for that privilege? And, more importantly, how will they sort out the LMP invites for the ALMS entrants?
Old 23 Oct 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2778941)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
... and, the 56th entrant. Am I right in thinking this will go to a team running some form of new technology/environmentally friendly etc to run possibly out of class. I read that last June is that still the case?

Would be interesting to see how the Hybrid Porsche fared at Le Mans.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2778946)   #21
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
... and, the 56th entrant. Am I right in thinking this will go to a team running some form of new technology/environmentally friendly etc to run possibly out of class. I read that last June is that still the case?
Yup, that is indeed the case. If Porsche want to enter the GT3-R Hybrid at Le Mans, I'm sure that the ACO will admit them as the 56th entry, otherwise it will be another project, like Yves Courage's plan for a fully electric LMP car with battery packs which are swapped at pit stops and recharged in the mean time (I think the word was about 35-40 minutes of range and 5 or 6 battery packs on the rotation).
Old 25 Oct 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2780369)   #22
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/The-re...-TVR_2191.html
TVR returning in GT!
Soon there will be room for no more than 1 or 2 cars per manufacture!
Old 25 Oct 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2780383)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/The-re...-TVR_2191.html
TVR returning in GT!
Soon there will be room for no more than 1 or 2 cars per manufacture!
I think you might have jumped the gun there. Did you actually read the article or just the headline?

It is kind of strange that the ACO does put road car stories on their website. This is not the first one I've seen that is somewhat 'suggestive'.

Would be nice to see them back one day, but as the article says, it's a long way off.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2780385)   #24
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I think you might have jumped the gun there. Did you actually read the article or just the headline?

It is kind of strange that the ACO does put road car stories on their website. This is not the first one I've seen that is somewhat 'suggestive'.

Would be nice to see them back one day, but as the article says, it's a long way off.
Right, sorry .
Just a bit too excited.
Old 25 Oct 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2780390)   #25
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Right, sorry .
Just a bit too excited.
I was too when I first saw the headline. The story has no business being on the Le Mans website. It will be interesting to see if TVR can begin to make money and if the new owner wants to go racing...
Closed Thread