Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 20 Apr 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1590137)   #1
rodney73
Rookie

rodney73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
13-May Open Trophy Race at Silverstone

I've only just got my National B Licence and looking for my first race. Just received an email from Silverstone Motorsport Academy telling me about a race they have on 13-May on the Silverstone National Circuit. They are offering a test day on the 8-May and two races on 13-May in a Formula Ford for £1500. Can anyone tell me if that's a reasonable deal and if that would be a good first race for me?

If you have any other suggestions it would be good to hear them. I've only been round Silverstone so far, so would rather stick to the National for my first race if I can.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1591226)   #2
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rodney, if your just starting out and are on a tight budget the first thing you'll want to do is get those signatures on your licence and that cross off the car.

Why don't you check out Formula Vee. For £1500 you could probably have a test and two race meetings (May 13 is Donnington, May 27th. Thruxton) in a decent competitive car and get four races (heat and final at each round) if you're lucky.

I wouldn't worry about only knowing Silverstone. You have to start learning the others sometime so you might as well take the plunge. We've all been there.

Go to the Veecentre web site www.veecentre.com and forum and you'll get all the advice you need or PM me and I'll give you some phone numbers of people to talk to.

You can always go back to FFord later once you're ready, it's just a more racing miles for your bucks and you'll be surprised how fast these Fvee cars are these days. 1: 5s at Silverstone Nat is quick.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1591293)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Flavio is certainly right. Vee will offer you some value for money in terms of racing. They're not the prettiest cars in the world, but they can go pretty damn quick.

I don't race, but they're a lovely bunch of guys and will give you some good advice.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1591557)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Word of warning - the Vee centre site has changed between yesterday and today - so not everything is running *quite* as normal (eg forum) but sure Braden will have it up again soon....

Vee is good value, I love them, but as Chez says it is a great bunch of guys.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1592977)   #5
rodney73
Rookie

rodney73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the advice