Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Feb 2005, 04:33 (Ref:1232009)   #101
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Henry's Heroes are pleased to announce that they will again contest the V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship in 2005. Returning for the team's second assault on the championship is Steven Johnson, who will be developing a closer relationship with last year's sponsor, Huggies, who have signed for a second season. While details of the financial arrangements for season 05 have not been revealed, it is thought at this stage that Huggies involvement will take the form of a contra deal, effective from the middle of the year. A naming rights sponsor has not as yet been announced; team boss Henry is playing his cards pretty close, refusing to offer anything on which to speculate with regard to aiether a major sponsor, or the second driver.

"All will be revealed shortly" Henry allowed, when cornered on his way to the brascoe at his local. To what he was referring was not known.

It is certain that the team will use a pair of BA Falcons, currently being re-birthed... ahem, built at an undisclosed location in south-east Queensland.

Expect further announcement within the week.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1232091)   #102
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fit Shaced Racing News

Name: Fit Shaced RACING
Sponsor(s): U Brew It
Drivers:
#6 Russell Ingall
#7 Steven Johnson
Manufacturer: FORD

After last years dismal performance of Jet Star Racing, all members of the teams were taken out back and shot at last year's Xmas party, except for the drivers who didn't bother to show up...

This year, we're unveiling a brand new team, with new sponsors, new drivers and new approach. Presenting...

FIT SHACED RACING

Proudly sponsored by the wicked lads at U-Brew-It, FSR is set to hit the track with brand new '05 spec BA Falcons and a gut full of ****. Finding a new pair of drivers was easy - we setup a BBQ and put on a slab of freshly brewed lager at the last round at Eastern Creek and grabbed the first two to show their faces.

"The snags were shocking, but the beer was awesome, so how could I not sign up for this team?" said Russell Ingall, wiping the last of drink from his face.

As it turns out, Steven Johnson wasn't far behind.

"When I turned up, Russell had already put down 3 beers, but I wasn't going to let that kind of head start worry me" Steven added.

With the drivers in a complete stupor, contracts were signed, race suits sized and many songs sung about punting Holden drivers.

"I plan on doing a bit extra enforcing this year," said Russell, "especially that wino SORF!"

Race Manager Billy McDuff is a bit concerned though.

"Do you know how long it takes our paint shop to airbrush those beer bubles on the car? Bloody ages, especially after a few drinks."

Fans should bring their wallets, with a best range of team merchandise planned for sale at the races.

"Those beer belts are a ripper idea," Steven enthused. "With the extra-large size, I can almost fit a whole slab around my waist!!"

Expect big things from FSR this year - or we'll get drunk trying!

Last edited by Venom XR; 22 Feb 2005 at 08:15.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1232168)   #103
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poofs drink wine !! I love it.

I could imagine that lining up to Paul Morris's 'Sirromet' Commodore
Old 23 Feb 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1233219)   #104
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M-Kart Gulf Western Racing are proud to reveal their 2005 car (and truck) livery.
(apologies if this doesnt work the first time. if i find it doesn't, i will just provide a link, instead of displaying it, so if this attemp fails, sorry in advance.

Here is the car:

and the truck:

i hope you like them, and i hope they worked.

Old 23 Feb 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1233224)   #105
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look's good mitch @ m-kart racing
Old 23 Feb 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1233312)   #106
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rowdy Motorsport
#5 Jason Bargwanna
#55 Craig Lowndes
Sponsor TBA
Ford
Little is known about this team at the moment but more will be released when the team is finished partying with the Newcastle Knights at Bathurst where they were meant to be doing some secret pre season testing.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 03:42 (Ref:1234080)   #107
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
QsR PRESS RELEASE - EMBARGOED UNTIL 30/9/2006

BOLD NEW LOOK!

QsR looks forward to the Melbourne Park GP, which will be conducted shortly after we drag off the local Nissan 350 Z which keeps egging our wharehouse
LOL The Melbourne Park GP...weaving in and out of Rod Laver and Vodafone Arena's...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1234231)   #108
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE - 24 FEBRUARY 2005

433 MOTORSPORT MERCHANDISE

The first products in 433 Motorsports merchandise lines have been unvieled today. Initially a range of shirts, polos, t-shirts and hats will be available to the race-going public.

Stay tuned for mor releases by the team in the near future.

To see the whole range visit: 433 Motorsport Merchandise

Old 24 Feb 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1234430)   #109
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta Race announces world leading computer graphics company nVidia as the team's major sponsor for their season 2005 assault on the V8 Supercar Championship series.

Launching the team's VY Commodore today, recruit Rick Kelly said he was looking forward to driving for the new kids on the block, whilst maintaining a sense of familiarity. The team had negotiated the purchase of his 2004 race car from the now defunct Kmart Racing Team.

Old 25 Feb 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1236129)   #110
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GAZMOTORSPORTS ANNOUNCES NEW SPONSORS!

Gazmotorsportz proudly announces it's new sponsors Pacific National and Great Southern Railways for it's Railways of Australia BA Falcons.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 01:07 (Ref:1236294)   #111
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Two Dollar Shop is delighted to announce its first entry to motor racing.

Drivers will be Glenn Seton, Paul Weel and Simon Wills.

We have no expectation of success. Cars to be advised, depending on the best deal we can make.

Team merchandise will be available at all two dollar shops in Australia.

Kramer
Old 26 Feb 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1236539)   #112
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rombles Racing finally has its stuff together, and can at last unveil its entry into this hallowed competition.

This exciting new teams VZ Commodores will be piloted by Simon Wills and Craig Lowndes, who is making his return to Holden significantly earlier than expected.

Sponsored by JonStevens.com, the teams primary goal in 2005 will be to finish ahead of whichever Ford ends up with the INXS signage this year.

Livery, merchandise and additional sponsors all to be announced soon.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1237710)   #113
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ANDREW DENMAN RACING OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Reigning Bathurst Champions Andrew Denman Racing will return for another season of V8FSC for another season.

DRIVERS: (33) Anthony Tratt
(66) Andrew Jones
CAR: Ford Falcon BA
SPONSORS: LeasePlan, Toll Holdings, Fleetguard, Western Bulldogs FC, The Warehouse. (More to come)
LIVERY: To Be Announced.

And not that anyone cares, but we are also running an F3 Car, A GT Car and a 2 car champcar team!
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1237789)   #114
Perkins_11
Rookie

Perkins_11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunlop Australia are proud to announce Dunlop Racing Team. A new Team to tackle this years Championship. Both Steven and Steve are proud to be part of this new team and hope to fight for the championship

Drivers: Steven Richards - 7 Steve Ellery - 77
Team Sponsorsunlop, JVC, Castrol, PPG, Braun, Crc, Monroe, Red Bull
Car:Holden Commodore VY

http://img105.exs.cx/gal.php?g=vy9wb.jpg

Last edited by Perkins_11; 28 Feb 2005 at 07:41.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1237967)   #115
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cliche Motorsport Press Realese

Cliche Motorsport is proud to present to the adoring public the no. 79 BA Ford Falcon Supercar to be campaigned by Craig Lowndes.

"The team has won the race against time after some pretty hard, long and late nights, and that was before we even started on the car" quipped team boss/manager adz "especially after all those grid girl try outs last night at Hooters."

The new car recieved the thumbs up by both Craig and Jason at the official unveiling today.

Craigs car is our second BA and as such we have built in more with this car, we have made it 30% stiffer, 50% lighter and 20% faster than all the other BA's out on the track so look out everyone the kids gonna take y'all down come Melbourne and the V8 Championship.

Old 28 Feb 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1238038)   #116
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE - 1 MARCH 2005

433 MOTORSPORT TO RUN SAFETY CAR PROGRAM

We are pleased to announce that the V8 Supercar safety program will this year be run by the newly formed 433 Motorsport. Due to contractual changes with Ford, WPS have had to withdraw their backing of the program for the 2005 Championship. Team Manager Dean Robinson was quick off the mark and keen to spread his team wings, jumping at the chance to sponsor and run the safety car program.

Recently announced by AVESCO this years safety cars will be the Chrysler 300C, which is planned to go on sale here at the end of the year. Chrysler see the V8's as a great opportunity to promote its flagship V8 sedan.

The 300C will make its debut at Albert Park at the end of the week along with teams two brand new VZ Commodore V8 Supercars. The V8's are a support event at the Australian Formula One Grand Prix in Melbourne.

More team news here 433 Motorsport

Last edited by HRT433; 28 Feb 2005 at 13:39.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1238093)   #117
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crooks Motorsport

Mark Skaife 1.5
Paul Weel 1
Steve Owen .5

Sponsers: R31Skylineclub.com, Garrett Turbochargers

Someone please tell me if I have the same team as someone else

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 1 Mar 2005, 07:34 (Ref:1238696)   #118
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE
Crash Boost Racing Welcomes New Team Manager

Crash Boost Racing would like to welcome Rodney Forbes to the team as team manager for 2005.
Rodney has been out of a racing car for almost 2 years, but looks forward to helping the Crash Boost Racing drivers get inside the top 10.
In other news, Paul Dumbrell will miss a few rounds this year dua to a prob with his L2, but the team is going to keep him on.

Team Livery coming soon, anyone want to help us with this?
Old 1 Mar 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1238969)   #119
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr69
Crooks Motorsport

Mark Skaife 1.5
Paul Weel 1
Steve Owen .5

Sponsers: R31Skylineclub.com, Garrett Turbochargers

Someone please tell me if I have the same team as someone else

Ok, Matthew White is replacing Steve Owen, because of AVESCO's stupid desicion to not let Owen race in the 30 car races

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 1 Mar 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1239137)   #120
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ANDREW DENMAN RACING-OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Andrew Denman racing would like to announce new sponsorship ventures with Reebok and the Northern Territory News. In conjunction with the announcement of the latter sponsor, the team's test circuit will be Hidden Valley Raceway for the season.

We also would like to officially unveil the livery to take the team to victory this season.

http://ffuk.freeservers.com/custom2.html (It's down the middle to bottom of the page on the left hand side.)

Last edited by stmookeyj033; 1 Mar 2005 at 15:36. Reason: Link for livery.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1239565)   #121
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cliche Motorsport Press Release

Rumours of a possible rift has broken out in the ranks of Cliche Motorsport. Team drivers Craig Lowndes and Jason Bargwanna came to blows at our recent test day after a major altercation which damaged both cars extensively.

The end result being a standoff for the no. 1 seat in our team. Tom Walkinshaw has reacted swiftly to announce a shootout at this weekends gp meeting as to who will retain their seat and who will get the sack.

"Craig and Jason cant just go around wrecking my race cars and my business" replied Tom "I can do that well enoughon my own" he continued.

Cliche motorsport are currently seeking out alternative drivers and are courting additional drivers to trial in the weeks leading up to the series opener at the Clipsal 500.

Some names mentioned for the vacant seat/s after this weekend are, Paul Morris, Steve Ellery, Mark Winterbottom and Jamie Whincup.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1239639)   #122
bahodie
Racer

Australia
Dreamworld
bahodie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 2 Mar 2005, 05:34 (Ref:1239687)   #123
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name: IGBOO RACING
Sponsers: TOYOTA LIFT TRUCKS, KLENEX TISSUES
Drivers:
Marcos Ambrose #52
Steve Ellery #53
Car: BA Falcon
Old 2 Mar 2005, 06:16 (Ref:1239700)   #124
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entries Update

.. And with the arrival of Igboo Racing we have 64 teams - a new record!
Going into the AGP weekend, announcements are eagerly awaited from three of last year's top ten teams - lcfp2297's SS Sport, 00 XR8's West Surrey Racing, and bahodie's Bahodietek. An announcement is also expected from Team Australia on which 4 drivers they're going to use, and WOOFVESCO beancounters continue to crawl all over Buckle Up Racing Team, on rumours team principle dandman has exceeded the salary cap.

The traditional non-points pre-season blow-out at the AGP is also a good chance to assess where your team is at , and to inflict some damage on your rivals!

gtr69 mentioned teams with similar driver line-ups, and although Crooks Motorsport isn't on the list, here are those who are:

adz_34 & Orrcon King (Lowndes / Bargwanna)
jasonhill9884 & Perkins_11 (Ellery / S.Richards)
Dazz & marcus (Lowndes / Skaife)
Senna05 & scr (Murphy / McConville)

Most popular drivers are Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife, with 11 drives each.
At the other end of the scale, Brad Jones and Todd Kelly look like they'll be spending most of the year on the couch.

Certainly looks like a good year coming up!
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1239797)   #125
Malik
Racer

Malik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BLAT Racing Announcement

Team Press Release 2nd March 2003

BLAT RACING

Just days before their first hit-out, new team on the scene BLAT racing are pleased to announce their participation in this year's championship.

In a move that is sure to fire up Holden supporters nation wide BLAT racing would like to announce the return of the prodigal son, Craig Lowndes, to the red army, and are also more then happy to welcome Mark Skaife to the team after a recent split with the Holden Racing Team.

"Holden supporters have been waiting for this for years" reported a team spokesman earlier today "one of the most highly successful partnerships in the game today is finally back together and looking forward to a stellar year"

A written statement from Lowndes revealled that both he and Skaife are looking forward to "bringing the number one back home to holden"

To add more shock to this announcment BLAT racing is also pleased to announce Shell Helix as their major sponsor for the 2005 season. This follows lengthy negotiations which saw Shell withdraw their Dick Johnson Racing sponsorship after their decades long partnership.

Mark Skaife will continue his championship challenge with car #2 while Craig Lowndes number is yet to be determined due to negotiations with other team owners after a troublesome licence sale.

Team Name: BLAT Racing
Sponsers: Shell Helix
Drivers:
Mark Skaife #2
Craig Lowndes #TBA
Car: VY Commodore