Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1239822)   #126
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a

Last edited by resisturban; 2 Mar 2005 at 09:35.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1239827)   #127
team_australia
Rookie

team_australia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_australia
New Team Launched by Australian Government.

Name: Team Australia

Sponsor(s): Australian Government

Drivers:
#8 Paul Dumbrell
#19 David Besnard
#64 Will Davison
#4 Jamie Whincup
#91 Matthew White

Manufacturer: Holden

The NZ Government have bought a 20% stake in Team Australia, and as such, have made the decision to boot Paul Dumbrell from the #8 car, and replace him with Craig Baird. They have also decided to change Jamie Whincup's number from 4 to 72, as this is how many sheep the NZ Prime Minister has had relations with over the last 3 years.

New lineup:

Drivers:
#8 Craig Baird
#19 David Besnard
#64 Will Davison
#72 Jamie Whincup
#91 Matthew White
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1239850)   #128
Pudlea
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Pudlea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Motor Sport Venture Arrives

Finally the release of the most anticipated Motor Sport Team this century has happened.

Team NBS (or No Bulls Hit) have finally cemented their licences for this years championship and finalized their drivers.

#007 - Greg Murphy
#666 - Steve Ellery

Manufacturer - Holden
Major Sponsors - Pedders - No Bull, Red Bull

Team Principle I.M. Crappy unvieled the stiking new colors today at the official launch
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1239861)   #129
noiseworker
Rookie

noiseworker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noiseworker Racing announce inclusion in 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship

After weeks of rumors and speculation, Noiseworker Racing have confirmed their position in the 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship. Whilst an official press release and unveiling of team livery are still yet to be officicially released, we can announce that drivers this year steering the lion will be:

Car #14 R Kelly
Car #21 C McConville

Keep it here for further news as it comes to hand

Noiseworker Racing.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1239863)   #130
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Drivers:
#8 Craig Baird
#19 David Besnard
#64 Will Davison
#72 Jamie Whincup
#91 Matthew White
I draw your attention to this.....
Quote:
Your bank manager has allowed you a maximum of $3,000,000 to spend on up to 4 drivers for your team.
i can count 5 drivers, maybe thats because of the exchange rate....but i don't think so.....at least it fits in the salary cap, you got that much right
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1239879)   #131
team_australia
Rookie

team_australia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Australia has released an official apology in regard to the claims that it has breached the rules for the 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship.

"We regret using an accountant from New Zealand and we will ensure that all future financial and driver planning will be done by a competant Australian."

"As such, we have now released another revised driver line up. Craig Baird was lucky to keep his spot in the #8 car after his countryman embarassed Team Australia, and he will be joined by David Besnard in #19, Jamie Whincup in #23 and Mark Winterbottom in #28"

Last edited by team_australia; 2 Mar 2005 at 10:20.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1239883)   #132
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I love that Blat racing Shell Commodore , fantastic work
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1239885)   #133
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team ELIVE racing has decided to change their whole driver lineup for drivers that have the same name so its easy to remember.

So Mark Skaife, Craig Baird, Paul Dumbrell will be replaced by:

Paul Radisich
Paul Morris
Paul Weel
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1239900)   #134
Malik
Racer

Malik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
I love that Blat racing Shell Commodore , fantastic work
Thanks
Old 2 Mar 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1239942)   #135
Malik
Racer

Malik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BLAT Racing Press Release 2nd March 2005

Finally an agreement has been reached with Fred Gibson, ex-owner of the now defunkt 00 Motorsport, this year sees Craig Lowndes re-united with the trademark of the fabled "Green-Eyed Monster". Craig therefore will be running with the number "00" for the season of 2005.

Keep an eye out for the new Green Eyed Monster to hit the track this weekend in the non-championship round at the Australian Grand Prix.

Old 2 Mar 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1240352)   #136
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Team Australia has released an official apology in regard to the claims that it has breached the rules for the 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship.

"We regret using an accountant from New Zealand and we will ensure that all future financial and driver planning will be done by a competant Australian."
Thanks for that, but just remember where your friendly Category Director is from (or maybe that's your point..)
Old 3 Mar 2005, 01:22 (Ref:1240665)   #137
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Due to circumstances beyond our control (well, not really, but we're not at liberty to tell you here) 2Dollarshopracing has replaced Simon Wills with Tony Longhurst.

Kramer
Old 3 Mar 2005, 02:20 (Ref:1240684)   #138
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
So Wills isn't driving at the AGP then... interesting...

What I had in mind for the Longhurst/Dynamik deal is to leave the list as-is ,and swap Longhurst for whoever misses out on a drive at Adelaide. So if you had Wills, but Longhurst and Davison drive at Adelaide, you'd get Longhurst automatically, and the same if Davison was left out instead.
So there'll be no need to go out changing your team just yet, unless you want to steer clear of Team Dynamik completely..
Old 3 Mar 2005, 03:02 (Ref:1240705)   #139
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STOP PRESS: HENRY'S HEROES FINALISE 2005 LINE-UP

Despite falling on hard times, Henry's Heroes have today revealed the identity of their second driver, and firmed up their attack on the 05 title. Russell Ingall will join Steve Johnson in Henry's Henries after a gruelling round of salary negotiations.

Team manager Henry: "Russell held out for as much as we could give, which due to a distinct lack of interest from major backers, came to a slab of fourex and a packet of Twisties... once I told him he could keep the tazo in the bottom of the packet, he was in!"

Henry also described the minor setbacks associated with the breakdown of negotiations with several major backers: "Nobody's game to touch us... to get two cars together, I've spent the last month crawling through the wreckers at Clontarf for bits that nobody'll miss too much. We've got heaps of spares, although you might see us run a single-rail box at the odd round if we lunch a top-loader.

"At least we've got strong engines... of the 7 blocks I sourced, only four of them needed re-sleeving, and the gun motor in Steve's car for the GP has the grousest Edelbrock manifold you've ever seen... we'll get a whopping big Dominator on that for Bathurst I'd reckon! Russ might be crying poor for power for a couple of rounds, but we gave his car the extractors and put the old cast manifolds back on Steve's car to even things out a bit"

Despite the lack of sponsorship, Henry's Heroes' colourful paints chemes will be hard to miss this season, with Car 17 sporting doors off an old yellow cab, an ex- Highway Patrol bonnet, and laminated cardboard rear wing. Russell's #9 Falcon has had to make do with a set of chaser rims, and the old green #17 XE door out of DJR's showroom, which Steve nicked last time he was visiting.

Steve Johnson is enthused: "Mate, if we manage to syphon enough diesel during lunch time at the local bus depot to get the truck to Melbourne this weekend, we'll be looking pretty strong for the GP meet."

Ingall is up for the challenge: "I'm confident that if anyone leaves their cars and trailer unattended during the season, you can expect us to improve!

Here's to a big 2005!!

Henry's Heroes, sponsored by Midnight Spares

The Drivers:
#17 Steve Johnson
#9 Russell Ingall

The Cars
Ford Falcon BA's (mostly)

Last edited by Henry; 3 Mar 2005 at 03:04.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 04:03 (Ref:1240718)   #140
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't read this post if you wish to keep the qualifying results a secret.

Wills looks alright in the first qualifying session.
11 44 Team Dynamik Will Davison Holden Commodore VZ 12 12 2:00.5752 0:02.0471
Just outside the top ten.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1241024)   #141
Helix
Racer

Australia
Victoria
Helix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally the arrival of the all conquering European champions Phoenix Motorsport has happened.

We have finally aquired the necessary franchises for this years championship and finalized our driver lineups.

We are ecstatic to anounce the arrivals of The Enforcer Russell Ingall and the exciting new commer Alex Davison in our new endeavour to climb to the top of the V8 ladder.

Our stricking livery has been unveiled to a select media presence with an enphasis on results rather than flash.

Technical Director Sam Michael was quoted as saying " It won't happen overnight, but it will happen ".

Images and merchandise are forth comming.

Name: Phoenix Motorsport
Sponsors: Pioneer, Unit, Jack Daniels
Drivers: #7 Alex Davison
: #8 Russell Ingall
Weapon: Ford Falcon BA
Old 3 Mar 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1241054)   #142
Helix
Racer

Australia
Victoria
Helix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
**** PRESS RELEASE****

Due to an unfortunte altercation this evening between a member of the public and a couple of members of the Phoenix Motorsport organization, Alex Davison and 3 mechanics have had their contracts terminated.

Phoenix Motorsport is saddened to lose these talented employees, however we do not, and will not except anything but pure dedication to the team effort and its principals.

An announcement of a replacement driver and crew to come soon.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1241687)   #143
McGyver
Rookie

McGyver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFRICA Racing

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

AFRICA Racing ENTERS V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP

Team principal McGyver, is pleased to announce that AFRICA (another f#@king race I can’t afford) Racing will be contesting this years V8 Supercar championship.
After securing the combined driving talent of Glen Seton, Steve Ellery, and Craig Baird.
All the pieces have finally come together to make this possible, McGyver said at the formal unveiling of the three BA Falcons at the teams new Carport at his mothers house.

Having recently aquired three Allan Moffat Motorsport motors left over from the 1993 Bathurst assault, we believe we will have a performance advantage over the teams running that new fangled fuel injection stuff, nothing surpasses the HOLLEY when it comes to producing the power we are going to need to fight at the front of the field, said engine guru Mick Webb.

We are also very pleased to announce leading electronics retail chain JAYCAR has entered into a full 12 month major sponsorship deal with the team.
Steve Jobs, computer analyst for the team, said that not only will this deal be financially significant, we will also benefit with the supply of any extra wires and/or resistors needed for the extra few tenths needed out on the track.

We would also like to acknowledge our other minor, but not insignificant sponsors, they include, Ford, Bosch, Bose, Brembo, Dunlop, Eibach, Haas, Holley (for those awesome carbies), Penrite, Sparco, and Ebay (where we’ve found most of the parts for the cars).
We would also like to thank DJR and HRT for their old wheels, that putty you gave us fixed all those hairline cracks up no probs skaifie!

AFRICA Racing will hopefully test at the new housing estate down the road in the weeks prior to the start of the season, If we can borrow a few trailers, oh and someone to tow them.
Name: AFRICA Racing.
Sponsor(s): Jaycar, Ford, Penrite, Haas, Ebay, Brembo, Bosch, Eibach, Bose, Dunlop, Sparco, Holley.

Drivers:
#99 Glen Seton.
#66 Steve Ellery.
#69 Craig Baird.
Manufacturer: FORD
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1241692)   #144
McGyver
Rookie

AFRICA Racing Grid Girls

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

AFRICA Racing
Team principal McGyver, is pleased to announce that the lovely girls from AEROBICS OZ STYLE will not only be a welcome addition on grids on race day, but we’ve also conned them into getting the boys on the team a bit fitter.

After seeing the girls in action Glen Seton said, All three of us drivers are quiet prepared to do the hard yards, if it means getting to watch those sweet things in lycra.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1241779)   #145
McGyver
Rookie

FART let rip

Fairly Average Racing Team

Official Team Launch

The Fairly Average Racing Team today launched their first assault on the V8 Supercar Championship.

Along with major sponsor CUB (promoting their Carlton Draught line of beer), FART welcomed to the venture minor sponsors Holden, Bridgestone, AC Delco, Penrite, OZ Racing, Moroso, Brembo, Pioneer, Ebay and Stagg Chilli.

Team Principal Eineed Tooslash said "The season ahead should prove difficult, seeing as how the team are all new at this (sobriety), the only exception being our drivers Cam McConville and Greg Murphy....and boy!! are they gunna have to carry the team !!?....oh sh*t...is this thing on?..."

The team unveiled their two cars at CUB's main brewery house, making an appropriate backdrop considering the livery of the team.

"Look, it's not whether you win or lose, really..it's about the booze up after the race...innit?? And so we welcome with open arms our major sponsor !!"

Name: Fairly Average Racing Team
Sponsors: CUB, Holden, Bridgestone, AC Delco, Moroso, Pioneer, Penrite, OZ Racing, Brembo and Ebay
Drivers: #78 Greg Murphy
# 79 Cameron McConville
Manufacturer: Holden
Old 4 Mar 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1241861)   #146
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
sooo....

McGyver has two teams, is this within the rules?

I was going to run two, but didn't know if I could, probably should've asked i guess.

If its allowed, and not considered "creative bookkeeping" I will enter the second tem I had in mind...
Old 4 Mar 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1241881)   #147
knoath
Rookie

knoath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing double

Hey HRT433, that was actually my team launch....McGyver and I share a work PC...and I posted without logging in.
Admin has been advised...waiting for changes to come thru.

Second team hey ??? Would like to see that. Love your ideas.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 02:46 (Ref:1241887)   #148
McGyver
Rookie

Please don't for one second think that i would have anything to do with that bunch of (PLEASE DO NOT DODGE THE AUTOCENSOR), mainly because my team just dosn't have the funds for any beer swilling.

Last edited by marcus; 7 Mar 2005 at 02:34.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1241910)   #149
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
lol... so we'll just say that you teams are "sharing resources"

thought it was a bit wierd, cause the majority of people on here are very one-eyed in their support and couldn't understand why one person would run a ford and holden team...lol

but if its permitted I may still run my second team anyway
Old 4 Mar 2005, 04:05 (Ref:1241930)   #150
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
There's always one (or two)... (and welcome to the forum guys!)

Although I don't think I've explicitly said "thou shalt only run one team" in the rules, it was certainly intended that each person ran just the one team (My speadsheet is set up to sort by username so multiple teams would give that a headache). We're looking like having 70-80 people entered by Adelaide, and if each one were to run more than one team I'd certainly have my hands full keeping track of it all.
Plus there'd be a definate advantage to running multiple teams - just ask TWR, HRT, KRT, and PWR!

So in the interests of equality I'd like to keep it to one team each. It'll get written into next year's rules anyway.

(I'm assuming the first team is McGyver's and the second one is knoath's, right?)

Last edited by Antrodemus; 4 Mar 2005 at 04:08.