Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2634340)   #801
James Mappin
Rookie

James Mappin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matts intentions are to run the Civic for another season this year. Like GroupOfOne said we should know more soon.

He was said to be close to securing the funding but it was at a 'critical' stage.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2634360)   #802
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Ahh, okay, thanks for clearing that up. Matt could improve with some more milage, but we were saying that about Micky Doyle after his first season, but he didn't turn up in '09.
Micky had budget issues, he didn't race anything in 09 unfortunately.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2634428)   #803
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be interesting to see the old civic back out again this year- seems like it's been in the championship for ever!

More news towards onslow-cole coming back into the championship full time as well: http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/s...g_Cars_return/
Old 16 Feb 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2634522)   #804
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onslow-Cole's a good driver too. Really, I can't see why Vauxhall didn't keep him on in 2009. I actually think he did better than Andrew Jordan, so I'd like to see him back. Hopefully the Ford's can be as competitive as they were during the last round at Brands.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2634559)   #805
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone else find it strange the official BTCC site hasn't reported on the Honda / Dynamics partnership?
Old 16 Feb 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2634569)   #806
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Then again, at the moment what is there to report? So far we've had a vague, if promising, press release from Honda and a "yeah, somethings happening, watch this space" on Facebook from the team. btcc.net doesn't tend to report stuff until there's an actual announcement...
Old 16 Feb 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2634572)   #807
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Honda's press release was about the Mugen road car. The reference to BTCC was almost a 2 sentence 'oh BTW'. I expect the official site will wait until Honda / TD are ready to announce the extent of the backing and who the drivers are.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2634905)   #808
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Does anyone else find it strange the official BTCC site hasn't reported on the Honda / Dynamics partnership?
BTCC's site is always slow. It always takes a while for stuff to be shown on there.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2634947)   #809
James Mappin
Rookie

James Mappin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
BTCC's site is always slow. It always takes a while for stuff to be shown on there.
Redshoes has already stated why BTCC.net are yet to report on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Honda's press release was about the Mugen road car. The reference to BTCC was almost a 2 sentence 'oh BTW'. I expect the official site will wait until Honda / TD are ready to announce the extent of the backing and who the drivers are.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2635075)   #810
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forster Motorsport's FB page:

''Forster Motorsport - BTCC Team 2010 had a good days testing at Rockingham last Friday and have now acquired our second BMW!! We also have a new website www.forstermotorsport.com .... and are looking forward to officially testing with the rest of BTCC this week at Thruxton!! Exciting!!''
Old 17 Feb 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2635106)   #811
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Second car basically confirms their second driver then. I remember there was some doubts as to whether they'd be able to run a second driver they announced their intentions, but it looks like they have found the budget. Good!
Old 17 Feb 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2635223)   #812
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No comments on this so far - on page 26 of the BTCC rulebook, it appears that Diesel 2000 cars have been banned. Unless they are allowed in on the alternative fuels rule, perhaps that bans AFM from coming back with the 120D.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2635237)   #813
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Forster Motorsport's FB page:

''Forster Motorsport - BTCC Team 2010 had a good days testing at Rockingham last Friday and have now acquired our second BMW!! We also have a new website www.forstermotorsport.com .... and are looking forward to officially testing with the rest of BTCC this week at Thruxton!! Exciting!!''
I'm glad that they've acquired a second car and it appears they have some sponsorship. I am slightly concerned about their driver lineup's lack of experience, but I wish them well.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2635263)   #814
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news Forster have got both cars. It's going to be interesting to watch them this year, because they've got some really good cars, it will be interesting to see how long it takes them to get to the top. Talking of BMW's, has there been any news on how Motorbase are doing and whether they can fill the gap Airwaves has left?
Old 17 Feb 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2635270)   #815
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
No comments on this so far - on page 26 of the BTCC rulebook, it appears that Diesel 2000 cars have been banned. Unless they are allowed in on the alternative fuels rule, perhaps that bans AFM from coming back with the 120D.
Yes, it was decided last year.

The owners of SEAT Leons from last year are not happy, especially now SEAT are letting privateers use them!

Did you not ask yourself WHY was Boardman listed as running the petrol version?
Old 17 Feb 2010, 23:51 (Ref:2635272)   #816
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forster out testing both cars today. http://www.jakobebrey.com/search_res...385&page_id=11

You can clearly see there are two different cars.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2635401)   #817
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder is that second bimmer the ex-Matt Jackson one that was up for sale last week ? Great news that they've a 2 car team of BMWs though.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2635425)   #818
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I've understood it, both cars are ex Mat Jackson. The first one they bought is his 2008 car (Priaulx WTCC '07) and their latest one is the car Mat drove 2007 (Priaulx '06 car).
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2635427)   #819
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
The owners of SEAT Leons from last year are not happy, especially now SEAT are letting privateers use them!

I would have thought that it's easier for privateers to run the petrol, bearing in mind they'd get the diesel engines as sealed black boxes from Spain that they can't do so much as look at. Besides, there's the NGTC engine available.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2635431)   #820
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
Yes, it was decided last year.

Which BTCC regulars own diesel powered SEAT's?

IMO it's a good decision to ban diesel engines.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2635550)   #821
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I would have thought that it's easier for privateers to run the petrol, bearing in mind they'd get the diesel engines as sealed black boxes from Spain that they can't do so much as look at. Besides, there's the NGTC engine available.
That's a good point. I wonder if the NGTC engine is the solution to the petrol Leon's power issues.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2635565)   #822
privateer
Rookie

privateer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The NGTC engine is not an easy fit in anything the cost to put the engine in a Vauxhaul are over £20k and thats a vauxhall engine in a vauxhaull!!

There are issues trying to get one in a Leon not unsurmountable issues but costly

My guess most will just wait till the ngtc car rules are announced and build from there

Why they are using a 10 yearold GM engine is beyond me when the SEat engine is 75% cheaper of the shelf in spain !!
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2635593)   #823
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe I'm stating the complete obvious here, but surely the NGT motor is only practical in an NGT car ? The NGT motor and entire NGT front sub-frame would be considered a single unit. Reverse engineering that back into an S2000 would be illogical and uneconomical against I would have thought.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2635595)   #824
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Reverse engineering that back into an S2000 would be illogical and uneconomical against I would have thought.
Obviously no one told Jordan and Pinkney that.

Rules do allow a NGTC engine to be shoehorned into an S2000 shell, TOCA are touting this as a cheaper option to a proper S2000 motor but the real life practicalities may not be quite so simple.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2635599)   #825
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It depends on the car as well - it's going to be a decent fit in a Vectra, given that it's a Vauxhall engine... Steve Neal has said that Dynamics looked into it, but the NG engine simply wouldn't fit in the Civic. I would imagine it would be tight in the Leon as well.
Closed Thread