Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 22 Sep 2001, 19:42 (Ref:149550)   #26
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Another suggestion would be a karting evening at Daytona?
Old 23 Sep 2001, 08:44 (Ref:149704)   #27
Spiddy-Spid
Rookie

Spiddy-Spid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Im new here, but Ive done a track day before at Bedford Autodrome, and its a great place. I seem to remember it was about £125 for the afternoon's driving, starting from about 5pm to 8pm but I don't know how darker evenings will affect that? BBQ after driving, and proffesional drivers there to give circuit tuition.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 15:12 (Ref:149788)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well, if we booked Daytona indoor kart track, the full GP circuit, you have to have 50 people and it costs approx £50 per head if anyone is interested. That's for a 1.5 or 2 hour endurance race with teams of 4 drivers.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 20:55 (Ref:149967)   #29
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Thing is - we're thinking of driving our own cars (possibly swapping) and giving passenger rides.. Karting's a separate issue - although that would be cool too

Spiddy-Spid (cool name ) - can you remember which track day organiser that was? Like TrackSense or EasyTrack? And what day of the week was it?
Old 23 Sep 2001, 21:03 (Ref:149974)   #30
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Affordable, ideal Trackday company

I see a lot of you are talking about a trackday with your own cars?

Well the best advice I can give you is to go to www.bookatrack.com and have a look at the available days they have.
Different tracks at different prices. The best place for all of you to go to is Bentwaters, which Bookatrack have. It's an airfield that uses the perimetre roads and is prety damn good.
No barriers to hit, plenty of space and it's very affordable.
I do alot of instruction for them and know the place well.
Speak to Jonny Leroux.

Check it out before you dream of going anywhere else where you will have to pay the earth (in comparison).
The purpose built tracks cost more because of the running costs of them and public liability etc etc.

Good luck
Old 24 Sep 2001, 11:51 (Ref:150232)   #31
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds good! I like the look of Bentwaters, Oakington (Cambridgeshire) and Elvington, and they have weekend dates in late October, running into December..

Now - who is interested in running cars?
Old 24 Sep 2001, 19:48 (Ref:150532)   #32
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good ... not sure Percy would be up for the adventure ... he's a coward like me.
Old 24 Sep 2001, 19:55 (Ref:150543)   #33
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll drive your car, Chris Ooops! Sorry! Did I misunderstand that one? arf arf!
Old 24 Sep 2001, 20:01 (Ref:150551)   #34
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Can I take the Pug ?
Old 24 Sep 2001, 21:13 (Ref:150627)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y
Sounds good! I like the look of Bentwaters, Oakington (Cambridgeshire) and Elvington....
oakington?! what, right next to the reception centre for immigrants?!

Last edited by bella; 24 Sep 2001 at 21:13.
Old 24 Sep 2001, 23:51 (Ref:150712)   #36
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Are we referring to the immigration centre for the People's Republic of Cambridgeshire?

Craig - it's a race track, not a rally stage, so you can't drive the pug there