Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Jul 2010, 05:29 (Ref:2720624)   #26
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
KEEP GUESSING ALL !!!!!

Lots of options I been faithful to citrown for a long time now but as everyone will know I do like to be different.

I am Holjes this weekend talking tpo a number of drivers and teams about cars !

Have tested M Technologies C4 very good
TB having a Focus at Scotch Corner is a plus because we have parts and expertise already however not keen on shape

ALways loved the Fabia very stylish car and different. and 4 different ons offered to me!

Not a fiesta not new shape they dont handle right

Volvo c30 ? Same running gear as focus ?

Wont e a 207 again just not quite right if JLP cant get them to the front then no one will.

DS3 ? or not proven yet needs development ?

Russian car ?

Many things to consider price, ease of parts, what looks good for the track, Sponsorship, the list goes on

Let me know what you all think i always respect other peoples views helps me and the sport to move forward
You're right about the JLP car, it is a bit of a B-final car at the moment... If it was my choice, I would go for something proven, as in the end it would be easier, cheaper and get results right away. Just look at the Evans Astra how much attention and changes it needed (as did all MSR cars) and still not proven. Only leaves cars that run regular A-finals. I think Isachsen's is the best car, followed by Jerberg's', followed by Hansen's... Laboulle's C4 could be a interesting outsider! Kuypers' car could be a safe bet too!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 05:30 (Ref:2720625)   #27
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockHatch782 View Post
Ah right, cheers! Should really work out how to use the internet at some point.
Oh, just open internetpage in new window or tab...
Old 1 Jul 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2720648)   #28
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few teasers in there from Mad Mark! I'd like to see something different but developing a new car from scratch is probably too expensive, a Golf, A3 or new Megane Coupe would offer some variety. I believe there is a Leon being built and 1 series and also the C30. Interesting comments on the 207 and new Fiesta. I'm personally not keen on the shape of the C4 or new Fabia, but as they say each to their own. If you don't like the shape of the Focus, then where does that leave us? Fabia or C4 then? Was the C30 a bit of a clue? Who knows!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2720675)   #29
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volvo C30

Now that would be intresting and mix it up. Love how they look.

Would be good to see something different, Focus and Fiesta seem to be the norm now in UK Rallycross!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2720709)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a spectator I personally am not that struck on the Citroen C4, but I have no idea how it is to drive, so thats an irrelevant comment really! Interesting to read Mark's comments on the new Fiesta, I guess thats an opinion shared by other drivers? Seems unlikely we'll see any new Fiesta's come to the UK then?

From the potential shortlist...

Serious suggestions: Skoda Fabia or Volvo C30.

Not so serious/daydreaming suggestion: I know parts might be a problem and running costs might be high, but make the Doran's an offer on their RS200. Before you all moan at me for such a silly suggestion, just picture that car and how awesome it would look in the black/pink livery that the Xsara has now, for that reason alone an RS200 has to be worth consideration!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2720759)   #31
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so serious/daydreaming suggestion: I know parts might be a problem and running costs might be high, but make the Doran's an offer on their RS200. Before you all moan at me for such a silly suggestion, just picture that car and how awesome it would look in the black/pink livery that the Xsara has now, for that reason alone an RS200 has to be worth consideration! [/QUOTE]

stupis suggestion old car no parts not as quick as new machnery mo use in europe and we need to move rallycross on if we are to be taken seriously in the WORLD now
We should be challenging touring cars for our place in British motorsport
Old 1 Jul 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2720831)   #32
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No your not keen on a Focus Mark but from all the available cars surely Isachsen's 2nd Focus would give you the most success.

Also might be worth a punt on one of the George Tracey cars the C4 or the 307.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2720851)   #33
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Also might be worth a punt on onehe George Tracey cars the C4 or the 307.
Would love to see the 307 back out again. Like others not keen on the C4 much prefer the shape of the xsara in rallycross and the way Davy Jeanny is dominating the French championship beating all the C4s & Pugs suggests it can still be a very competitive car.

Agreed too many Fords around at the moment, C30 would be good, S40 would be awesome! 0r how about the new shape Clio? Whatever it is keep the colour scheme!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2720892)   #34
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
stupis suggestion old car no parts not as quick as new machnery mo use in europe and we need to move rallycross on if we are to be taken seriously in the WORLD now
We should be challenging touring cars for our place in British motorsport
As I said, wasn't really a serious suggestion - I got a bit carried away with my mental image of a black & pink RS200! I completely forgot that the RS200 would be no use in Europe, so of course its a non-starter anyway.

As a spectator I like the look of the Fords, but I agree there are a lot of them in use at the moment, so it would be good too see more of a mix of machinery out on track. I don't think the C4 looks a patch on the Xsara so, for me, thats a no. Doesn't really matter how it looks though if its better to drive than the Xsara!

The Volvo C30 would definately by an unique looking car out on track. In terms of proven machinery though, the Fabia is the one I'd like to see out on track most.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2720906)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadlt touring cars has manufacturer backing of sorts and is far betetr promoted than any rallycross has ever been!

Hence its profile on tv and its sponsor base. The racing is also very good to watch, something sadly lacking in many of the events I have watched this year!!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2720907)   #36
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big up! to Mark for making it known that he is considering making a change and keeping us in on it cant wait to see how it pans out!

I must admit that the 307 started to look and perform like a winning car but god knows how much George invested in it? I cant Imagine Per being cheap but then he did work wonders with the 307! Now I think it is dated and to have the only one currently in the ERC BRC scene could prove costly.

Chasing Cars I have to agree with you regarding the C4 I have always hated it, the Xsara has always looked right wide and stocky C4 is too plain not beefy enough,I said it before the cars should all go back to the early 90's big wings big spoilers wide and low.

I think it would have to be either Focus ex Kuypers one would be great just look how K.P's is going now Bardy knows his stuff,would love to see a S40 or the new C30 but costs and going it alone devolping the car would be over the top,I would personally love too see a Skoda Fabia in the UK im sure fantastic oppertunites would arise from having a Fabia! Skoda Uk would be interested no doubt? A proven Fabia can be sourced im sure just look at the success Coox has had since he switched from the awful Golf to Helga a totally different car and driver package altogether.

Most of all the pink colour scheme has to stay one of the best out there at the moment and just look how good Jernbergs look wih the green and red Imagine it in Marks colours
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2720935)   #37
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
I must admit that the 307 started to look and perform like a winning car but god knows how much George invested in it? I cant Imagine Per being cheap but then he did work wonders with the 307! Now I think it is dated and to have the only one currently in the ERC BRC scene could prove costly
That's the beauty of Rallycross: you don't have to spend 500k on a modded WRC. You just buy a shell, give it to a guy with a shed and a lot of knowledge and you have a far faster car for half the price! Eklund did a better job than Peugeot itself and also a lot better than all the persons involved in moddifying it in the first place!

Still wonder what they did to the engine? Was it Trollspeed'ed?

Just give me one hell of an idea: same package in an Peugeot RC-Z!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2720940)   #38
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I don't think the C4 looks a patch on the Xsara so, for me, thats a no. Doesn't really matter how it looks though if its better to drive than the Xsara!
Yeah! A WRC Xsara looks much better than a WRC C4, but with the road model it is the other way around: the C4 looks better than a Xsara, I really hated those wheelarches, especially the rears! And I had a Xsara 2.0 VTS...
Old 2 Jul 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2721089)   #39
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RCZ is an excellent suggestion, I also think you could do something with the new Megane Coupe. I'd love to see somebody develop a Golf as well. As others have said don't like the look of the C4. I like the Focus and last gen Fiesta but there's too many of them around. New Fiesta and Fabia don't do it for me. Got to be the C30 then. S40 would be an interesting suggestion as well.
Old 3 Jul 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2721434)   #40
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The new S2000's all look good IMO but particulrly the Skoda.

As stated above theres the potential for Skoda UK to be involved.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2721615)   #41
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Mark in either C4, Fabia or even a DS3 for the future
But a Volvo C30 mmmmmmmm
I built this to see what one would look like

I'm sure I could do one in Jersey Farm Hotel colours
Best of luck Mark in whatever you decide
Old 7 Jul 2010, 06:22 (Ref:2722892)   #42
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your right the Xsara does look better than the C4 thats why i bought it for its extreme arches etc.

However we could throw 100k at it and it would be quick like Jeanney in France but seems pointless to an old 3 generation back car. As teh DS3 will be out next year on the track.

George's 307 is very quick but a one off that has had 500k put into it and to difficult to get parts etc. plus his C4 is old generation engine too !! same as mine really.

The Volvo of Holte was impressive but Gunnerson cars are and has had a lot of money put into it. You are right a colour scheme can make or break the look of a car and make a car look its purpose to !!

Clio - opnce again the only one so difficult for suply of parts.

Skoda would look good but not even Michael can get to the Focus or C4s sometimes.

The hunt continues !!!! for car and sponsors will keep you all up to date we chatted to many drivers and teams in Sweden.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2722940)   #43
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
George's 307 is very quick but a one off that has had 500k put into it and to difficult to get parts etc. plus his C4 is old generation engine too !! same as mine really.
Wow! I knew a lot of money had been poured into that car, but not that much.

More of an observation then a suggestion, but I was at Goodwood at the weekend and I had (yet another) ogle at the McRae R4. Such a shame the original car never made it to production as I think it would have made a stunning rallycross car. I appreciate such a car would be ineligable for use in Europe though, so forgive me for daydreaming again.

Back on topic it seems as though the conclusion you have reached above, is that to remain competetive - yet not break the bank with parts and development costs - the C4 and Focus are the only serious options then?
Old 7 Jul 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2722990)   #44
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Your right the Xsara does look better than the C4 thats why i bought it for its extreme arches etc.

However we could throw 100k at it and it would be quick like Jeanney in France but seems pointless to an old 3 generation back car. As teh DS3 will be out next year on the track.

The Volvo of Holte was impressive but Gunnerson cars are and has had a lot of money put into it. You are right a colour scheme can make or break the look of a car and make a car look its purpose to !!

Clio - opnce again the only one so difficult for suply of parts.

Skoda would look good but not even Michael can get to the Focus or C4s sometimes.

The hunt continues !!!! for car and sponsors will keep you all up to date we chatted to many drivers and teams in Sweden.
Can you tell us anymore on the generation differences of the Citroëns? I've heard first it was a modified Paris Dakar engine and later a modified WRC engine?

Isn't the Clio about 50% the same as all other Gunnarson cars?

The 307 is so expensive because he didn't go to Eklund in the first place? Starting with a 307 WRC is a waste and the it took 2 other tuners to mod it (including engine from T to L!)...

I think your best and most affordable bet is going to be Kuypers Focus as this is about Isachsen spec
Old 7 Jul 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2723062)   #45
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever you decide to do Mark we'll be routing for you. Always nice to get a few more Brits out competing in Europe.

Sometimes you have to go with the flow, but nothing feels better than being different.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2731390)   #46
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
I think your best and most affordable bet is going to be Kuypers Focus as this is about Isachsen spec
Just read on the erc24 that Kuypers have sold his Focus. Does anyone know who bought it?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2731404)   #47
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if this is Andy Scotts new car then?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2731423)   #48
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A20 YBP View Post
Wonder if this is Andy Scotts new car then?
That's what I heard in Maasmechelen 11 July...
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2731444)   #49
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VJM Do you know who built Kuypers new Fiesta? igmab or him self?
Old 24 Jul 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2731643)   #50
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
That's what I heard in Maasmechelen 11 July...

Yes us too.