Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Aug 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2743294)   #76
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not unhappy to see the back of the drivel that was the Open however I would be very sad to see Mark retiring as he is a real credit to the sport and always happy to chat etc.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2743295)   #77
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As always things are never simple. Sunday has highlighted a number of issues that really do need addressing properly so that British Rallycross can move forward in a positive manner, something that we all want to see no matter how it is expressed in these threads. Forgive me if I appear to go on a bit below but I've gone through all of the threads/posts and tried to identify what people are saying, rightly or wrongly.

Yes, it seems that mistakes were made, but everyone is human. Some just shouldn't happen but people learn from them and hopefully they won't happen again. These are the easier things to put right.

Other issues however take longer to resolve and have a more long term effect. Irrespective of whether the track wasn't quite as bad as last year or not, the fact still remains that drivers entered the event on the assurance that the necessary work had been done, as stated/discussed in earlier posts. Some expressed their doubts as to this work having actually been done, myself included - in fact I've since heard that whilst Steve Hill's reccomendations were noted and vehicles booked to do the work, they were subsequently cancelled. This may just be rumour so perhaps an unbiased someone could enlighten us?

The fact remains that a number of cars suffered considerable unecessary damage but I see no sign of an appology from any quarter. If it is just hoped that things will be forgotten as time passes then this isn't good enough. Someone needs to take responsibility so that they can ensure the issue is resolved (NOT so that they can be blamed!). Only by doing this can you begin to rebuild driver confidence, etc.

I fully appreciate that you can't expect a circuit to spend a lot of money on preparing a rallycross track for only two or three meetings a year (with low entry and spectators), but you have to start somewhere and we need to keep circuits, not loose them. Also, you have to accept that these issues exist and are damaging to the sport, it is no good simply insisting that there are no problems and the future looks good (sorry Amy ref. an earlier post in another thread, this isn't personal). Plus, where does the MSA stand in all of this?

I keep hearing that we all need to work together to improving the image of Rallycross and take it forward. This is very true, but can only happen if EVERYONE involved accepts and understands the same issues so they can collectively work on improving matters. Now is definitely the time to start because the Mallory issues couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm not sure though that everyone can work together as things are, because (as is only natural) people have their own agendas.

I have some ideas, but this isn't necessarily the time or place to discuss them, plus I'm supposed to be on holiday at the moment(!). I would, however, be only too happy to become more involved in Rallycross again (as I once was with the BRDA) if I thought we could push Rallycross forward. Perhaps someone would like to start a new thread to collectively, sensibly and positively discuss the way forward and leave this thread to Mad Mark.

Again, I hope I haven't bored everyone. There appears to be a lot of enthusiasm out there from drivers, spectators, officials and organisors alike but I think it all needs channelling in the right direction. Lets do something positive at last!

Last edited by GM!; 11 Aug 2010 at 23:15. Reason: Spelling!
Old 12 Aug 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2743387)   #78
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good post, GM!
Old 12 Aug 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2743400)   #79
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, sums it up perfectly I think.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2744396)   #80
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hiya Mark
Any thoughts about rallying.
the Jersey Farm hotel colours would look good on a BTCC car if there was a bigger budget
whatever you decide you will always get respect from the fans for what you have done for the sport
Old 14 Aug 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2744398)   #81
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Mark, you know you can't stop Rallycross before you have tried the jump at Höljes
Old 15 Aug 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2744872)   #82
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Come on Mark, you know you can't stop Rallycross before you have tried the jump at Höljes
if i gave up i would hire car just to race at holjes and experience the party and place as in rallycross there is no where like it infact in any form of motorsport i have never experienced atmosphere like ti !!!

The only problem is you need to race a volvo there !!!