Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Sep 2020, 11:37 (Ref:4002576)   #1601
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Going to say it now - the WEC app is notoriously unreliable. If you're planning on using it, then Eurosport as a backup is a good plan.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4002577)   #1602
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Going to say it now - the WEC app is notoriously unreliable. If you're planning on using it, then Eurosport as a backup is a good plan.
ive always found it spot on when using on an Ipad....youre right though, for 4.99 you might as well have the eurosport app downloaded just in case. its what il be doing...Eurosport on TV, WEC app on Ipad, nachos, beer, monster energy and locking the door to keep the other half out!

have to say my excitment for this race has been pretty low this year, but now we are in race week, its increasing
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4002586)   #1603
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm still toying with options. As an ACO member, I am promised the premium service on the app for free, but still waiting for access info from the ACO. I may well go belt and braces with Eurosport anyway, as the outlay is so small and I'm saving a small fortune by not being there - the price is less than a sandwich Americain merguez at the circuit!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4002587)   #1604
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
the Eurosport coverage last year was woeful with too many breaks and its only £8.99 for the full week
I might be mis-remembering this, but Eurosport had a stream that had no adverts. I also had the app, but went with Eurosport as it was a shinier stream.

Quote:
WEC app however i found was quite nice, you can have live streaming and timing side by side and Mr Goodwin is nice to listen to...plus no breaks.
Yes, it works well, but I too do RLM
Quote:
agree with RLM too, i tend to have them on for the start and going into the evening with a mix of special guests and insider info its really informative
I’ve got syncing down to a fine art!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:20 (Ref:4002588)   #1605
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I’m happy to have two choices (Actually I have three, but that one does have millions of ads!) - as it looks like Aysedasi will

Having more than one option is good anyway if you’ve got two TVs/monitors as you can watch different feeds.

I’ve not had a problem with the WEC app now for years. Really good.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:24 (Ref:4002589)   #1606
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst we're on this topic of streaming and what not, time to discuss Live Timing. ACO shutdown all the good ones because they have valid business reasons for annoying everyone.

If you use Chrome (Or the new Edge) then here's an extension for you. - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dkcgcbigegbcjc

It is better timing for...no race in particular. Install this. Go to the WEC live timing page like normal. There will be a toggle button in the top right of the page (may take 30s or so to show up) and it'll give you good live timing again. It does take over the whole tab, so if you're wanting video too then duplicate the tab, stop one of the videos and have the timing on that one.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4002597)   #1607
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is an ace timing app.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:51 (Ref:4002601)   #1608
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
One thing about the extension is it doesn't allow pausing to sync the feeds (at least I think). Is there any solution for this?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4002605)   #1609
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't find live timing on the WEC site. I'm a member but it keeps rejecting my login.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4002608)   #1610
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
You should be able to access live timing without a log in during the session itself.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4002609)   #1611
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't see any link to live timing.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 17:31 (Ref:4002642)   #1612
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Right at the top of the page in blue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturedddd.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	64091

It's typically hidden somewhere in there, but I would not expect to find anything while there's no live session that includes public timing. Without a live session I don't think there's a working link. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for.

I do wonder if they'll move the usual live timing that the extension works on to somewhere on that 24 United & Responsible page.

Last edited by seanyb505; 15 Sep 2020 at 17:36.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:13 (Ref:4002652)   #1613
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone else having problems with the 24h-United web site? I set up an account but never received the confirmation email. When I click to resend the confirmation, I receive:

Not Found

In summary, the site is not working properly for me.

- Jeff
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4002655)   #1614
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Eurosport isn't covering the first practice either. No E1/E2 simulcast on EurosportPlayer and neither any standalone feeds. All other sessions are covered, and there's a standalone feed for every session except warmup for some reason (could be a mistake).
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:30 (Ref:4002658)   #1615
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
according to the WEC website, free practice isnt covered but qually is

https://www.fiawec.com/en/live-experience/47
That page has not changed for a long time and it is only correct for regular WEC rounds. But it begins to look like FP1 won't be televised at all. Remember this year's schedule, there is now more than one FP.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4002659)   #1616
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That page has not changed for a long time and it is only correct for regular WEC rounds. But it begins to look like FP1 won't be televised at all.
While it can be taken with grain of salt, RLM said this many weeks ago, that there will be no cameras covering FP1

So it seems in terms of video coverage:
RTLM FP1 - (No coverage)
LM24 FP1 - (No coverage)
LM24 FP2 - Eurosport (maybe WEC)
LM24 Q - Eurosport, (presumably) WEC
RTLM FP2 - (No coverage)
LM24 FP3 - Eurosport (maybe WEC)
RTLM Q1 - (No coverage)
RTLM Q2 - (No coverage)
LM24 FP4 - Eurosport (maybe WEC)
LM24 HP - Eurosport, WEC

PCC FP1 - (No coverage)
RTLM R1 - (No coverage)
PCC FP2 - (No coverage)
PCC Q - Youtube
PCC R - Youtube
LM24 WU - Eurosport (maybe WEC)
RTLM R2 - Youtube, Eurosport
LM24 R - Eurosport, WEC

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Sep 2020 at 18:47.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:34 (Ref:4002660)   #1617
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I might be mis-remembering this, but Eurosport had a stream that had no adverts. I also had the app, but went with Eurosport as it was a shinier stream.
The schedule for Thursday - Sunday shows an option for uniterrupted coverage separate from the main programme, so it looks like there will be an advert free option for subscribers.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:47 (Ref:4002666)   #1618
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Are there commercials on the MotorTrend app feed?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 20:41 (Ref:4002682)   #1619
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
There are/were not.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 09:00 (Ref:4002750)   #1620
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
Anyone else having problems with the 24h-United web site? I set up an account but never received the confirmation email. When I click to resend the confirmation, I receive:

Not Found

In summary, the site is not working properly for me.

- Jeff
Yes.

Except, instead of a 404 I get a 500, immediatly after filling the form and sending it
Quote:
Server Error

Not impressive.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 09:17 (Ref:4002751)   #1621
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
ACO Can't do websites? Site was built by someones cousin again?

[shocked pikachu face]

For those with Amazon Prime, you can get 7 days of Eurosport for free with it apparently.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4002796)   #1622
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only just found that out after buying a month's worth of Eurosport yesterday... I have Prime too.....
Old 16 Sep 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4002797)   #1623
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Yes.

Except, instead of a 404 I get a 500, immediatly after filling the form and sending it

Not impressive.
It's working fine for me. I registered a few days ago.

A lot of links on there aren't operational yet. There is a link for 'telemetry', but I've no idea what it will bring....
Old 16 Sep 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4002801)   #1624
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a qualifying footage or anything? Or have I missed it
Old 16 Sep 2020, 16:04 (Ref:4002810)   #1625
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote: