Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Apr 2000, 23:29 (Ref:14453)   #1
Tom H
Rookie

Tom H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm just about to book up for France this year and wondered if anyone could give me any first hand info on how good (or bad) the general admission viewing is?
From what I could see on past videos and the playstation it should not be too bad at the eastern end.
Any info would be appreciated.
Old 17 Apr 2000, 12:11 (Ref:14454)   #2
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the fourm Tom

I've never been myself but I've e-mailed your query to a couple of people who have.

Will keep you posted if I get any useful replies.

Old 17 Apr 2000, 14:28 (Ref:14455)   #3
Andy H
Racer

Tom

Just got a reply from a contact in France Stephane, I've reproduced it, he's French so forgive his English

" I had been in general Admission 2 years (1992 (Winner : Mansell) & 1993 (Winner : Prost ;-) )).

The best place is Adelaide corner. Note that this place is in my opinion the best place of the circuit. But the problem is that seats are not reserved (like in grandstands).

This is a problem beacause everybody knows that this is the best place, and it's difficult to access at this place. Since few years, general admission is close on the night, and open at 7 or 8 h (am) i don't remember. I think there are a lot of people in front of the door long time before... In
1992/1993, access was possible on night, and i go in place (with my wife) at 3 h am !!!!!!! It's not a joke !!!

For more... I don't know the word in english... Tranquilité in French... For
a more cool (?) week end, Grandstands are better... (but very more expansive
too... :-( ).

If you want I can scan you some photos I'have take at adelaide corner.

I send you the mail have send to a person who was interested for Grandstand
B. There are 3 photos take in Grandstand B, and a photo of the circuit, you
will see general admission."

Hope that helps Tom, if you want the attachments or to get in touch with Stephane direct drop me your e-mail,

Regards
Andy

Old 20 Apr 2000, 08:48 (Ref:14456)   #4
Andy H
Racer

Tom

Just had a second reply which I have reproduced below:

I am not certain where you would go with a general admission ticket. I bought a reserved seat in grand stand K, facing the
Imola corner.

My impression was that there is no such this as general admission at the French GP in the usual sense. They have two large grand
stands, called "Golf" and "Est VIP" which I could see from my seat.

They look like stone benches built into a hillside with a great view of the long
Golf straight and near the Adelaide hairpin. You would probably also get a
good view of the interior loop of the track, or parts of it depending on
your location.

My suggestion would be to get a seat in the "Est VIP" stand because it is closest to the Adelaide hairpin. You might have to get to the track early because its first come first served.

Of course the "Est VIP" stand costs more than the "Golf" stand. If you are on a budget, I would estimate that "Golf" stand is good. You might have to try a few different spots on the Friday (or Saturday) to figure out the best spot.

Hope that helps, as before if you want to get in touch with these guys direct I can help e-mail me.
Old 11 May 2000, 10:43 (Ref:14457)   #5
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The info here is pretty correct. As far as I recall the General Admission area is alongside the straight and down to the Adelaide hairpin.
The French make it very easy to get tickets, we drove through the night on Friday, arrived about 3AM and the ticket booth was open!!!!
I would point out that the comments about getting there early are very valid. We had grandstand seats but the people were sitting above the hairpin all night to get a spot. Since you are sitting on concrete steps about 4 foot wide and there was torrential rain, they all looked pretty miserable by morning!
Hope that helps
Rick