Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 May 2000, 21:26 (Ref:14511)   #1
Linus27
Rookie

Linus27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am going to the French GP. Nevers is booked up so I am thinking of either staying in Paris and training it down on the day of the GP or staying in another town like Orleans, Dijon, Lyon, Moulins Troyes etc but then I need to get to the circuit. First off, is it a good idea to stay in Paris and train it down or is this a bad idea? If I stay in another town, what is it like to get to Nevers? What options do I have? I have been looking on the SNCF web page and it seems like it might be difficult to get to Nevers so can anyone help and give me some advice please. Thank you.
Old 19 May 2000, 08:22 (Ref:14512)   #2
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting the train into Nevers from Paris is a definate no if you have General Admission tickets 'cos by the time you there probably mid-morning there will be probably be no decent viewing space left.

I would recommend one of these as the options

1) camping at Nevers or the track (if it's still available)

2) find out what is one train stop away on the line that most frequently runs to Nevers and stay there (remember you need a train that runs on Sunday and preferably early as well)

3) you could stay in a nearby town and then drive by hire-car to Nevers or the track itself. Have a look at http://www.justtickets.co.uk (click on Just Motoring bits) they do self-drive packages and have hotel/camping accomodation in Bourges St. Doulchard 45 miles away. It might be worth giving them a call asking if they have any accomodation left unbooked or any other recommendations.

4) if you are determined to get there any organised package may be the final option. You can get a coach overland from the UK for either the weekend or just Sunday. Can suggest names if needed.

Sorry can't help much with specific town names to suggest as don't know France particularly well. I don't think you'd need to stay any thing like as far away as Paris though.

You do really want to minimise all travel time, 'cos you'll be up early most days anyway and you'll probably do lots of walking!

Sorry I can't be anymore help, another members got anything to suggest?