Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jun 2000, 15:40 (Ref:20265)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Magny-Cours be a good track for any particular team? The Macs have been fastest with DC, MH, and OP setting best times on all test days. Will MS and RB have the speed to pull off another pole and then be able to set the pace or are they going to be behind?

DC will be looking to gather up the lost points from Canada. But MS will be looking to further bury him in the title chase as well.

I think this race will go to DC. He will win but MS will keep him in sight and not give up many points to him int he process. MS doesn't have to win out the season to take it all, just stay close and some wins will most likely fall his way. DC needs to come on strong and take the fight straight to MS, but he also needs his teammate to do the same. If both can pass MS, then they stand a better chance of catching the Ferrari #1.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 01:04 (Ref:20382)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frenzy has always gone well on this track if his *&^%^$ car doesn't break on him. Remember last year he won that one with practically a broken leg. I also look for the Arrows to go very well on this track. I'd like to see DC do well but don't wish his teammate any luck.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 01:10 (Ref:20385)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do well:
DC
Jordan
Minardi
Benetton
Prost

Do poorly:
Ferrari
Button
Arrows

FAIL FAIL FAIL!
Jaguar

Old 30 Jun 2000, 03:49 (Ref:20421)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using Minardi fan's format, bu being serious:

Do Well: (compared to usual performance)
McLaren
Jordan
BAR (not much better)
Arrows
Benetton

Do Poorly (compared to usual performance)
Ferrari
Minardi
Prost
Williams
Sauber
Jaguar

The above is based off of engine power. Magny-Cours is a fast track that requires a lot of pure horse power, but also a good handling car to take some of the high speed bends.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 03:56 (Ref:20422)   #5
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MF, I dont think we have to worry about Jaguar failing, they seem to have done a fine job of not finnishing without our help!- Might as well...

FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!
Jaguar and Benetton (I cant stand Flavio, especially since he seems to know what he is doing)
Old 30 Jun 2000, 09:13 (Ref:20446)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Fissi: (he is quite pessimistic...)
Quote:
"We will almost certainly do badly in France as it is a track which requires a lot of traction and grip. We are practically at zero with both and I think we demonstrated that during our testing last week. Our objectives will be to limit the damage for future races when we will have a new Supertec engine
According to statistics:
Ferrari: 11 wins, last one ('98) was a 1-2.
Macs: 4 wins , last one in '89, so doesn't count (I mean Mercedes)

Last year, Frenzy was quite lucky to win. Remember MH started from 14, and in process of chasing Rubens for first place he spun, dropping on seventh. Schumi, after passing Rubens was cruising with 2-3 secs faster than the rest, until he had his problem. Those, combined with a clever strategy, which allowed him only a pit (while the rest were on two), lead to a win, but with a mere 5s gap.

Speaking of engine, I wouldn't bet on Ilmor's bigger power compared to Ferrari. Besides, after the new electronic regulations, McLaren do not feel very well. Even their boss admitted they were affected by them.

One more thing. Ferrari tested Mac's style "chimney" radiators exits and Luca Badoer lapped at Fiorano 1 sec faster than the regular car. They will use it at Magny Cours.

Ok, another thing. It is very possible to rain. Both in qual and race. And remember, Ferrari/Meteo France team... It is my firm belief that they knew, by the second, when it will start to rain at Nurburgring.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 14:45 (Ref:20497)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My list WAS serious.

Although after today's practice times some modifications may be required...