Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 May 2004, 11:08 (Ref:971603)   #1
Pikeyboy
Rookie

Pikeyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping in the SPA paddock

hello I'm a newbie to this forum but I'm hoping that someone may be able to help. I'm lucky enough to be racing at spa in a few weeks time and hope to camp in the paddock. Ive never done this before and wondered if i need to book is there any cost involved etc etc.

any info would be much appreciated

cheers
Stu
Old 16 May 2004, 12:26 (Ref:972476)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome aboard.

This has been discussed before but I can't find the thread. Essentially you are free to camp on the grassy bits just outside the paddock, below the Bus Stop and just behind Eau Rouge. The problem is it isn't a recognised site and the facilities are pretty minimal. However Paul Sands (Photographer type chap) slept in his Alfa in the paddock at last year's Six Hours event and had no complaints except.................... no matter how warm it is during the day it gets !£$%^&* cold after about 7pm.
Old 16 May 2004, 15:15 (Ref:972581)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What are you racing Pikeyboy? The Midget on your site?

We've camped there before, although with the Spa weather it can be a character building event! We had terrible storms in the night and the tent moved to a different part of the paddock This year we elected for a hotel! What Peter says is true too, the night isn't that warm.

No one said anything and it is considered alright. After all it isn't taking up any more room than those with big motor homes. Just don't take the Michael.

There are showers in the paddock which are very good.

Waking up first thing at Spa opening the tent and seeing the mist over Eau Rouge is fantastic though!
Old 17 May 2004, 18:33 (Ref:973662)   #4
Pikeyboy
Rookie

Pikeyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah good guess Adam I'm taking the midget out, it's a cheap (in motosport terms) way to have a bit of fun.

So i just turn up, find a spot then and hope i dont get washed away.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply guys, much appreciated.
Old 17 May 2004, 19:19 (Ref:973707)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sleeping bag and woolly hat worked a treat..I was too warm if anything..get up eearly before the loo ladies get in and have a hot shower and you're set for the day. I parked up on the patch that sits directly above the shower block in the main paddock...just beware of the Gruffalo's after dark
Attached Images

Old 18 May 2004, 05:51 (Ref:974022)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pikeyboy
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply guys, much appreciated.
Good luck and just remember. Eau Rouge is flat in top!

Paul,

We'll shoot a gruffolo and barbie it this year.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:35 (Ref:975276)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I thought about camping but digs are cheap out there, as are restaurants and the food is superb so we've never bothered . . .I'd recommend Malmedy about 3 miles away