Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 30 Mar 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1265382)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Official Indy 500 entry list.

The entry list is up. All cars have a backup, except those denoted with a *

CONFIRMED CARS WITH DRIVERS

Panther Racing
2 - Tomas Enge
4 - Tomas Scheckter
95 - Buddy Lazier

Malboro Team Penske
3 - Helio Castroneves
6 - Sam Hornish Jr.

Andretti/Green Racing
7 - Bryan Herta
11 - Tony Kanaan
26 - Dan Wheldon
27 - Dario Franchitti

Fernandez Racing
8 - Scott Sharp
55 - Kosuke Matsuura

Fernandez/Nunn Racing
5 - Adrian Fernandez

Target Chup Ganassi Racing
9 - Scott Dixon
10 - Darren Manning
33 - Ryan Briscoe

Rahal Letterman Racing
15 - Buddy Rice
16 - Danica Parick
17 - Vitor Meria

Vison Racing
20 - Ed Carpenter
22 - Jeff Ward

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
24 - Roger Yasukawa
44 - Jeff Bucknum*

Sam Schmidt Motorsports
70 - Richie Hearn

Hemelgarn Racing
91 - Paul Dana

Red Bull Cheever Racing
51 - Alex Barron
83 - Patrick Carpentier

Playa del Racing
21 - Jaques Lazier

Roth Racing
25 - Marty Roth*

AJ Foyt Racing
14 - AJ Foyt IV
41 - Scott Mayer
48 - Larry Foyt

Newman/Hass Racing
36 - Bruno Junqueira
37 - Sebastien Bourdais*

CONFIRMED CARS, WITH NO DRIVERS NAMED YET

66 - Malboro Team Penske
18 - PDM Racing
98 - Beck Motorsports

Last edited by Down F0rce; 13 Apr 2005 at 11:25.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1265386)   #2
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of top drivers and teams there, hope N/H has two entries, with Gidley and Bourdais
Old 30 Mar 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1265390)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know that they are longshots, but Beck Motorsports and PDM might be possibilities...

Team Owner also mentioned the possibility of a 2nd car within the Mo Nunn/Fernandez group...

But just with the ones you have listed (including rumors), that would be 33, if all ofthem come through

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Mar 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1265410)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips1
A lot of top drivers and teams there, hope N/H has two entries, with Gidley and Bourdais

Newman Haas has Junqueira and Bourdais - where do you get Gidley from?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1265458)   #5
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Access may be completely done now except for a little sponsorship money that Greg could do a one-off Indy deal with a team other than his own.

Mark Taylors house in Indy is up for sale and he and Nessie have moved back home to England.

Last edited by Team Owner; 30 Mar 2005 at 16:51.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1265472)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt Bourdais will take part like he didn't last year. If Hass does take part, I take it Junqueira will be the only driver.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1265474)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, I expect there shall be more entries from the smaller teams, that just do Indy. As the time rolls on.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1265482)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I doubt Bourdais will take part like he didn't last year. If Hass does take part, I take it Junqueira will be the only driver.

That was because Haas was only ever doing a one-car entry last year.

He is supposedly doing two this time.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1265840)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can add a third entry from Penske to that list!

Speed is reporting that Penske will make a 3 car effort for this years Indy 500. It will be Toyota powered, but the chassis is undecided, and no driver has been named as yet. Any guesses?

Danica Patrick
Old 31 Mar 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1265927)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Max Papis has done a couple of races for Penske in the past - maybe him
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1266006)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've added it to the list.

Penske entred a third car last year with a G-Force, but no one ended up driving it. They entered two extra G-Force's in '03, again no one endd up driving them...well actully Gil drove one to victory but you know what I mean
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1266016)   #12
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't Barron drive one of them either 1 or two years ago?
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1266021)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
I've added it to the list.

Penske entred a third car last year with a G-Force, but no one ended up driving it. They entered two extra G-Force's in '03, again no one endd up driving them...well actully Gil drove one to victory but you know what I mean
Roger Penske, prefers for his drivers to have either chassis, so there's no advantage, that's why Gil Ferran drove and won the race in 2003 with a G-force.
Last year he wanted Hornish to drive it but, both drivers prefered the Dallara.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1266023)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
He filled in for Gil at Motegi, he didn't race at Indy though.

The extra Penske last year became Sam Schmidt's entry, so I suppose another team could use it. I suppose there is a T car as well?
Old 31 Mar 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1266192)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect Penske will test out both chassis during prac tice,a dn run whichever each driver feels iwll be faster. I cna see the third one beign loaned out at the last minute, epsecially if we haven't reached 33 by then.

Isn't Bucknum's numebr more likely to be 25, given that Fisher raced that for them in 2003? For what it's worth.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1266281)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Roger Penske, prefers for his drivers to have either chassis, so there's no advantage, that's why Gil Ferran drove and won the race in 2003 with a G-force.
Last year he wanted Hornish to drive it but, both drivers prefered the Dallara.

If I remember correctly, the Penske G-Force was leased to Sam Schmidt Motorsports last year, and PJ Jones qualified it with Lucas Oil sponsorship....

Can someone verify that for us???

Team Owner, maybe???

But that is what I remember, anyway...

Old 31 Mar 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1266727)   #17
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
If I remember correctly, the Penske G-Force was leased to Sam Schmidt Motorsports last year, and PJ Jones qualified it with Lucas Oil sponsorship....

Can someone verify that for us???

Team Owner, maybe???

But that is what I remember, anyway...
Yeah, that's what happened.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1266921)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Jones drove for Beck, Hearn drove for Sam last year.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1266926)   #19
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
All the officially confirmed entries can be found here, by the way:

http://www.indy500.com/news/story.php?story_id=4090
Old 1 Apr 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1267218)   #20
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't let the low amount of entries worry you, there's plenty of time yet and a lot of the series regulars haven't entered later. There are a lot of irons in the fire that should result in extra cars.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1267280)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Entries only ahve to be postmarked by the deadline date....thus they always trickle in over a 10 day period or so before a n Official List is published.....

It happens every year....

Old 1 Apr 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1267454)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10 days? And I thought the UK postal service was bad. Maybe yours needs to spend less time sueing bands called 'The Postal Service' and mroe time sending letters...

There's a lot to look forward to this week, as you say - things like Nunn Fernandez and Playa Del are likely to be added.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1267473)   #23
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
10 days? And I thought the UK postal service was bad. Maybe yours needs to spend less time sueing bands called 'The Postal Service' and mroe time sending letters...

There's a lot to look forward to this week, as you say - things like Nunn Fernandez and Playa Del are likely to be added.

They get a lot of mail, and I'm sure that they allow plenty of time for entrance fee checks to clear, any delayed forms to come in, etc., before they release an "Official List"

Mark my words....the "Official List" usually comes out anywhere from 7-10 days after the deadline....has happened every year for decades....

Old 2 Apr 2005, 00:29 (Ref:1267585)   #24
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Jones drove for Beck, Hearn drove for Sam last year.
Err, yeah, that's what I meant... Richie Hearn. Hopefully he'll get another shot this year.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1267756)   #25
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Yea I was just kidding Tim, and taking a rare chance to mention the makers of one of my favourite albums of recent years. I have little doubt that there will be 26-30 entries, and enough extras in time for bump day.