Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Aug 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1383448)   #1
marcosmantula
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
marcosmantula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Walsh this weekend

Could someone let me know a number for the best person to contact about this weekend.

I am currently working away from home and will not be able to get home to get my ticket/instructions for this weekend, so I want to see if I can get some more sent to my work address.

Cheers,

Neal
Old 16 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1383468)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I've PM'd Mr Mantula with the contacts for Roger Thomas. Hope that helps

See you at the weekend!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1384093)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been down there today, so a bit of information for all those attending.

The marshals camp site is by the hedge immediately to the right of the gate. If you don't already know, the field is opposite the paddock gate, so if you pass Shelsley on your right, keep going past the spectator entrances, past Gate A on the corner and then the field is on your left. My caravan is already there with the awning set up and a notice in the front window which reads "Woolley lives here", so feel free to pull up with a beer, if we're not in the Chevron bar of course!

There are plenty of marshals, so we will be operating a stand down system. Everyone should get 1½ hours off post during the day, and to keep the numbers sensible on post, it's likely that there will be opportunity for you to go off post but stay in the vicinity as back up - not quite sure how we'll sort that, but you can arrange that with your I/O. Basically there'll be plenty of opportunity to see the cars and take pictures. The intention is that everyone will have enough breaks to enable the meeting to go straight through, thus giving us more opportunity to enjoy the free barrell of beer at the end of the day.

Neal, if you're without passes on arrival, come and find me and I'll see what can be arranged. Every marshal should have received one personal pass and one for their guest. I expect there will be a barter system in operation for the unused spares.

Have a good week-end all, and look forward to seeing you from Thursday night onwards.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 07:37 (Ref:1384342)   #4
marcosmantula
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
marcosmantula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info guys. I tried t ring Roger yesterday but didn't get a reply.

However reading Woolleys reply I realise I don't have my camera with me either. So although it is a 6 hour round trip I will pop home tonight and pick up my camera and passes.

I hope to arrive late friday afternoon. See you then and lets hope this weekend is dryer than last weekend.

Neal
Old 17 Aug 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1384380)   #5
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be getting there sometime thursday evening. Although I'm only 10 miles away, but gonna stay so it don't cost me too much in fuel.
See you all there folks.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1384910)   #6
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
leaving devon thursday morning be there by lunchtime maybe a few beers in the afternoon then woolley