Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Sep 2007, 10:09 (Ref:2019585)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scott Speed to race ARCA

For eddie sharp racing next month at Talladega. red bull helped him find that ride.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 12:29 (Ref:2019666)   #2
watermelon
Rookie

watermelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can u give me a bit of a run down of the series? is it one level before busch series? also what's the main diff between busch and the nextel series? thanks
Old 21 Sep 2007, 13:10 (Ref:2019691)   #3
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARCA is a non-NASCAR sanctioned stock car championship, similar to the Nextel cars but its not offically part of the nascar ladder.

It provides support at a few nascar races and is one of the speedweeks events at Daytona. Franchitti is also running in ARCA at Talladega, like JPM did last year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARCA_RE/MAX_Series
http://www.arcaracing.com/
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 Sep 2007, 14:13 (Ref:2019723)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They say it goes A-B-C - ARCA-Busch-Cup. It's good practice for a newcomer, but there's not much kudos in winning there.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 15:23 (Ref:2019772)   #5
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
They say it goes A-B-C - ARCA-Busch-Cup. It's good practice for a newcomer, but there's not much kudos in winning there.
That is the what it used to be, but now the Craftsman Truck Series is now seen as a higher form of racing.

ARCA is the highest form of stock car racing that is not under the control of NASCAR. Like NASCAR they have many different series, including truck series. Because most of the cars that they use are not purpose built for ARCA, but rather hand-me-down cup cars, they have a hard time keeping the costs low, so most teams choose to race in the Busch Series, which has the same cost.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 20:08 (Ref:2020049)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARCA is also unusual as it uses older CUP level equipment or busch chassis...they run as fast as cup and the rules seem a little more broad.
I like the series the competition is earnest with less sponsor pandering (although i say less, not none..)good hard racing, i think they even run a dirt race or two.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 20:26 (Ref:2020064)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They used to show ARCA on motorstv years back and it was fun to watch epecially on the small ovals. I wish I could still follow and watch the series.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 15:22 (Ref:2025769)   #8
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually prefer watching ARCA to Cup racing. It's a lot more interesting and most of guys are there to race rather than make money. Most of the races are televised on SPEED and they run two dirt races a year on the mile tracks in Illinois. It's good practice for Cup too because at least up until now they've run pretty much identical engines and chassis as NASCAR. The series should get a big boost next year when the CoT is full-time and there's a larger supply of high quality old type cars going for sale.

http://www.arcaracing.com/

J.D.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2025800)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have the Iowa and Talladega ARCA races from last season and I must say I did enjoy them a lot.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 16:39 (Ref:2025835)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
That is the what it used to be, but now the Craftsman Truck Series is now seen as a higher form of racing.

ARCA is the highest form of stock car racing that is not under the control of NASCAR. Like NASCAR they have many different series, including truck series. Because most of the cars that they use are not purpose built for ARCA, but rather hand-me-down cup cars, they have a hard time keeping the costs low, so most teams choose to race in the Busch Series, which has the same cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring
ARCA is also unusual as it uses older CUP level equipment or busch chassis...they run as fast as cup and the rules seem a little more broad.
I like the series the competition is earnest with less sponsor pandering (although i say less, not none..)good hard racing, i think they even run a dirt race or two.
I am surprised by this. I thought ARCA was more a series for gentlemen drivers and young talent.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 22:14 (Ref:2031385)   #11
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott just said on ESPN2 that he'll be running the entire ARCA season next year for Red Bull/Eddie Sharp.

Last edited by Chaos81; 4 Oct 2007 at 22:17.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2032398)   #12
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Running 3rd right now, looking good imho