Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 May 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2458174)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'09 ALMS Round 4 • Utah Grand Prix

LARRY H. MILLER
DEALERSHIPS
UTAH GRAND PRIX
MAY 14 - 17, 2009
Schedule
Entry List
Track Map on perimeter layout
Timing & Scoring
Hindy/Radio or RLM
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
Live SpeedTv rounds "Q"ing Stream
Satellite
Weather
World Times

L.P.
Old 8 May 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2458215)   #2
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, again, HORNDAWG. I look forward to my first trip to Miller. Frankly, it looks more competitive than most of the road races I have been to in the last 45 years and the quality of entrants, overall, is high. The privateers and amateurs are always with us, for which I am thankful, and, as usual, some need to be weeded out but will not be. I can continue to live with that.
Thanks again.
Old 8 May 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2458234)   #3
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that Mr. Miller passed, who owns the track?
Old 8 May 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2458281)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
Not that Mr. Miller passed, who owns the track?
I don't know. I think he has sons that took over some of his other operations though.
Old 9 May 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2458336)   #5
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope Mowlem and Johansen can get that Zytek up to speed and give the Acuras a good race, but I'm doubtful. Also hope the two Dyson cars continue to improve and give Garcia/Fernandez a good race. That seems somewhat more likely.

DK
Old 9 May 2009, 03:13 (Ref:2458372)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I hope Mowlem and Johansen can get that Zytek up to speed and give the Acuras a good race, but I'm doubtful. Also hope the two Dyson cars continue to improve and give Garcia/Fernandez a good race. That seems somewhat more likely.

DK
if Jon Field starts in the Intersport like last year there, it will be a good race against an Acura for about 10 laps.
Old 9 May 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2458570)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
if Jon Field starts in the Intersport like last year there, it will be a good race against an Acura for about 10 laps.
That was fun to watch! The turbos should have a bit of a power advantage in the high elevation at SLC.
Old 9 May 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2458586)   #8
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
It will be interesting to see if Garcia is as good as Diaz has been.
Old 9 May 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2458605)   #9
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
It will be interesting to see if Garcia is as good as Diaz has been.
Oops, sorry about that! You know, all those Hispanic guys look alike.

DK
Old 10 May 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2459093)   #10
Kiki
Rookie

Kiki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yup, right up until he spins it off into a gravel pit and brings out a caution.

Depending on track temps though, he might give the Acuras a good run right off the start while their überwide fronts thaw out... right up until he spins and brings out a caution.
Old 14 May 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2462077)   #11
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
i'll be sending the guide to Grant tonight once I've updated the guide again. According to Farnbacher Loles site, they will be entering a car in the GT3 class as well, although this isn't in the current entry list.
Old 14 May 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2462161)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
...and now available, complete with Corsa livery (rough design) and GT3 challenge cars.

download @ www.spotterguides.com
Old 15 May 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2462919)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The Bear is reporting some juicy tidbits today including that the running of the Corsa car is in doubt for this weekend. Seems to be homologation issues.
Old 15 May 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2462923)   #14
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprises there, always did have my doubts about that car running.
Old 15 May 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2462926)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
No surprises there, always did have my doubts about that car running.
Me too, the lack of sponsorship has to be a big problem for the team, but the (possible) lack of homologation is an even bigger problem.
Old 15 May 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2462978)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be astounded if it races - a couple of days ago they didn't know its tank capacity
Old 15 May 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2462984)   #17
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the Zytek have to run under ACO hybrid rules or do IMSA have their own. Because if it is ACO then there is not much point running hybrid as there is no advantage to be gained.
Old 15 May 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2463048)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, it seems that it will turn laps today.

L.P.
Old 15 May 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2463065)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, it seems that it will turn laps today.

L.P.

I hope so! I was thinking since they just said they were going to "demonstrate" the technology this weekend, I wondered if they would remove the hybrid parts and just run the car with the normal Zytek setup which would be homologated already.
Old 15 May 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2463070)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I hope so! I was thinking since they just said they were going to "demonstrate" the technology this weekend, I wondered if they would remove the hybrid parts and just run the car with the normal Zytek setup which would be homologated already.
Seems it is a "full-on test run".

L.P.
Old 15 May 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2463092)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Seems it is a "full-on test run".

L.P.
wish i could be there to see/hear it in person. the sound is particularly intriguing to me as it was likened to a "power drill" coming down pit lane....
Old 15 May 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2463110)   #22
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the silverstone LMS round last year when peugeot demonstrated their HY and it just sounded like a whining noise that wasn't very loud. So i imagine that the Zytek should sound similar.
Old 15 May 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2463141)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
dang, no live timing for test sessions today.
Old 15 May 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2463164)   #24
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
dang, no live timing for test sessions today.
Ya, that sux!

L.P.
Old 15 May 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2463192)   #25
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
guys. the 66 car is 5 tenths off of last years #1 qualifying time in the Utah test.
Wow that car is quick