Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Aug 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2520841)   #26
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962 View Post
Searching for money.
What about their multi-year T-Mobile deal?
Old 13 Aug 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2520846)   #27
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
getting upwards of 30 cars is a plus for the ALMS, even if %25 are challenge cars.

how about a track where you can watch thru the screens of the Port-a-Jons at Road ATL's turns 2, 3, 6, 8 (the hump), 9 & 12?

....only if you're standing, of course
The T3 porta-john is the greatest accomplishment in motorsport viewing ever.

I wish they'd nix the challenge cars. We've survived on 20 car fields before and they add nothing to show. If anything they are a detriment to the series' credibility.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2520897)   #28
italiastraps
Rookie

italiastraps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The T3 porta-john is the greatest accomplishment in motorsport viewing ever.

I wish they'd nix the challenge cars. We've survived on 20 car fields before and they add nothing to show. If anything they are a detriment to the series' credibility.

Will the P2s be running the same spec as last race?

Instead of adding Challenge cars it would be exciting to see more balance at the front and fights for the overall lead. I think the Acura teams would be less upset about racing other prototypes than dodging the challenge cars at such a high speed circuit. I also wonder how the ACO feels about the Challenge cars running with P1s?

Still, it looks like ALMS will finish off the season strong with Audi and Pug coming back. The GT racing is already good, I just wish they would get the prototypes sorted out so there is an actual race for the overall win. Right now it’s kind of like an Acura demo.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2521039)   #29
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
What about their multi-year T-Mobile deal?
Is there one?
Old 13 Aug 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2521049)   #30
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two Robertson GTs were testing today. One was a test-mule. Is this normal practice for the team or could this be an indication of more?

Chris
Old 13 Aug 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2521054)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962 View Post
Searching for money.
I thought they had T-mobile sponsorship ?
Old 13 Aug 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2521103)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I thought they had T-mobile sponsorship ?
Supposedly, by the time the deal was done for 09 it was to late (board approval/budgetary) so it is partial and will be full sponsorship next year and 2011.

L.P.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2521258)   #33
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Two Robertson GTs were testing today. One was a test-mule. Is this normal practice for the team or could this be an indication of more?

Chris

All I can hope is for a 2 car effort.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2521348)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
All I can hope is for a 2 car effort.
yeah, with the Robertsons in one car and Dave Murray+another PRO driver in the quicker of the two PLEASE!

kinda of a waste of a fairly quick car with the gentleman/lady driver sharing with the quick Murray.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2521360)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

Chris
They have used the "test mule" many times as a teaching aid. It was a street version of the car that Murray used to get the Robertsons used to driving the mid engined car. He is usually in the car with them while running to show the best turn in points and what not.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2521398)   #36
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know before they recieved the Doran at Sebring last year they would frequently use the road car. I got the impression that test-mule meant a full-race Doran with bits in various stages of development. Too bad though.

Chris
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2521437)   #37
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah that Doran GT is very quick, a real shame to see it each race starting really well, and falling at the end with the Robertsons ! why not having a pro driver from Matech for a second Ford ?
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2521483)   #38
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
http://www.robertsonrace.com/fordgt-rmphotos.html

This is the test-mule I believe. Too bad, all hot and bothered for nothing. Although, we still await Dagy's notebook.

Chris
Old 14 Aug 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2521528)   #39
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hindy--&--Timing and Scoring is up for promoter testing session.

L.P.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2521554)   #40
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
red-flag?!?!?

why!?!?
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2521562)   #41
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
yeah, with the Robertsons in one car and Dave Murray+another PRO driver in the quicker of the two PLEASE!

kinda of a waste of a fairly quick car with the gentleman/lady driver sharing with the quick Murray.
Or at least get David Robertson out of the car. Andrea trounces him by comparison.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2521566)   #42
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
red-flag?!?!?

why!?!?
57 Car was in the gravel after contact with Panoz.

The times are tumbling and classes are tightening up. In GT2 I'm cheering for BMW this weekend. As much as I love watching Pat Long and Joerg Bergmeister win for Porsche, with only one evil Prancing Horse to beat I'm happy to have competition from Joey Hand, Bill Auberlen, Tommy Milner and Dirk Muller. Then Corvette can win at their home away from home (I say that because of Ronny Fellows) Mosport.

Chris
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2521573)   #43
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Butch just gained more than 1 second to go to the point in P2 currently. Will P1 pole be sub 1:50 tomorrow?

Chris

EDIT: Fernandez did the same just now.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2521577)   #44
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
BMW fastest in GT, early days though.

L.P.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2521582)   #45
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nice to see the bimmers in front, for what I consider a "touring car", it run amazing; btw is it an FIA legal ?
Old 14 Aug 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2521587)   #46
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
nice to see the bimmers in front, for what I consider a "touring car", it run amazing; btw is it an FIA legal ?
I believe it is.

I hope Highcroft starts inching closer to de Ferran. I love DFM but I want a knife fight for pole and race wins.

Chris

EDIT: CAN you BELIEVE Jon Field? That man has spectacular speed! (Restrictor breaks and long straights help.)

EDIT2: Unless Highcroft and de Ferran make massive gains that Intersport are unable to touch, should be an interesting qualifying and race start.

EDIT3: Guy Smith must have turned up the boost! lol
Old 15 Aug 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2521664)   #47
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fields did a really good job on the straights at Miller and a better job at holding up the 9 in the twisty bits. His rear wing was almost flat. Given the straight leading to the start at RA, I can see him leading some of the contenders for a few laps before his tires give way to the low downforce. If he splits the contenders at the start, the race is over as he will be behind more than can be made up by the time he is passed.
I saw a lot of CanAm and bikes at RA and liked both 5 and Canada. The open wheel cars are fun to watch through the carousel as well. I have seen some pretty small fields there and some great racing anyway. I think it is one of the best tracks in the U.S., if not the best.
If you go, have a beer and a brat for me.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 02:54 (Ref:2521674)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice to see the Field's up towards the top of the timing list. the best chance they have at RoadAmerica is to lay the wing flat and let Jon hang it all out.

also awesome to see the diversity of makes at the top of the GT2 class.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2521677)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
nice to see the Field's up towards the top of the timing list. the best chance they have at RoadAmerica is to lay the wing flat and let Jon hang it all out.

also awesome to see the diversity of makes at the top of the GT2 class.
Well, the old axium comes to mind. To finish first, first you have to finish! I think the best bet is for them to put a little air on the car, let Clint start, and hopefully catch it right to have Jon finish.

L.P.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2521687)   #50
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Jon will be starting the race, according to what he and Clint said at Mid Ohio.

Despite that axiom, it wouldn't surprise me if they get more attention/air time when they shoot to the front in a blaze of glory (even if it is short-lived) than when they take it steady and perhaps have a better end result.