Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 2009, 03:42 (Ref:2546371)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Has it ever rained at PLM? I certainly can't remember any race footage from the event where it was wet.
i've just realized that it hasn't rained during the race since i've been going (2000). it has poured during morning warmup a couple times, but not during the race, i don't think. then again, my first PLMs i wasn't doing much of any thinking...mostly drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb
That SWC GT race was madness in the Essess.
indeed it was. we sat on spectator hill waiting for the restart watching the storm approach. while i being the optimist said "It'll blow over," my buddy was more of a realist, "yeah, as soon as they wave the green, it'll start blowin'."

then the chaos, followed by the Fellows "move" under team orders.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2546372)   #27
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That SWC GT race was madness in the Essess.
That race was one of the saddest I have ever seen on television. So much carnage...
Old 23 Sep 2009, 06:32 (Ref:2546403)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think I've seen a SWC GT race in the dry in 3 years... skipped Sebring this year though.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 06:39 (Ref:2546410)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
woop - having barely being able to leave town since July I've found some cheap last minute flights over from the UK and am travelling tomorrow. Doing it alone and I've never driven in the US before so has anyone who's going to be at the circuit got any tips for a PLM (and indeed ALMS) virgin arriving Thursday afternoon?

Hoping to see (and, more importantly, hear) some of the stuff we don't get over in Europe so I hope RSR're able to make it.

Personally, I can see Acura having a real shot at this one, at least for the first few hours, and it'll be very telling as to their general improvement either way.
I hope you don't arrive around rush hour... that would be a lovely welcome to Atlanta. Once you arrive, it's a great track. Not a bad viewing spot in the place. Visit the trackside thread for a little more info.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2546792)   #30
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For us Americans, will PLM coverage be interrupted yet again for a certain spec racing series?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2546842)   #31
AJLav
Rookie

United States
Montgomery, AL, USA
AJLav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Speed is going flag to flag this year on coverage.... 'bout time.

Roger Davies: take your time getting through atlanta in rush hour, don't get on Interstate 285 period, and again their is no bad place to watch the race at road atlanta. I sugest Spectator Hill (turn 5), the Backstretch (Turn 9) and the 10a/b complex for veiwing.

It has never rained during Petit, it has rained right before the race (2001) and the race has begun with damp conditions - hopefully that dry trend continues this year - see you all there!
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2546856)   #32
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Half way through the first test session, and the LMP times are a lot closer than I thought they'd be! Still 3 seconds slower than last years pace, though.

And the ECO Radical isn't the slowest car out there, woohoo!
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2546869)   #33
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLav View Post
Yeah, Race is live flag to flag on Speed and in Europe on Motors (possibly with RLM commentary). Qualifying is also live online at SpeedTV.com.

+ John and co are on RadioLeMans too (including viaXM and Sirius)
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2546959)   #34
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone have the complete final results from the promoter test session? Also, did the Jag go through tech today?

Chris
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2546970)   #35
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Does anyone have the complete final results from the promoter test session?
http://www.americanlemans.com/events...%20Session.pdf
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2546974)   #36
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Merci!

Chris
Old 23 Sep 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2547023)   #37
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio..._J_test_05.jpg

What's with the LEDs on the suspension shrouds?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2547047)   #38
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pimp My Prototype?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2547061)   #39
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Wait to see that thing in the dark - identification when the car is approaching you (as a spectator.)

Anyone know what's up with Shaguar? Did they go through, let alone pass, tech today?

Chris
Old 24 Sep 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2547078)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Wait to see that thing in the dark - identification when the car is approaching you (as a spectator.)

Anyone know what's up with Shaguar? Did they go through, let alone pass, tech today?

Chris
I didn't see the Jag in the pictures on EI, but I'll be there in the morning to inspect first hand!

Also, the Muscle Milk car seemed to still have the 2008 wing in the pics, i thought it was rumored to be switching to a 2009 wing.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 03:00 (Ref:2547093)   #41
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLav View Post
well, as far as I know HERE AT BRAZIL Speed coverage will be from 12pm. to 04:30pm [NASCAR BREAK] and 7pm to final.

but I dunno about USA.

btw... Audi was the was the fastest today...

1. Capello 1:08.308
2. Sarrazin 1:08.477
3. Dixon 1:09.137

Edit: for USA will be full coverage, according to ALMS note from Speed

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=13811
Old 24 Sep 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2547135)   #42
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
No signs of the Jag at the track as of yet.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2547183)   #43
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post

Something curious on those times....

10th- 88 P1 Drayson/Cocker/Bell....Creation CA07

Is there something I've missed, have the team been careless enough to show up with the wrong car or does someone just have trouble telling a Lola Coupe from a CA07.....?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2547213)   #44
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Pretty sure they're running the same number as one of the Creations from last year. Easy mistake to make perhaps, but equally easy to avoid in the first place.

Some of the claims made on these scoring pages can be unusual at times!
Old 24 Sep 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2547238)   #45
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMWs look comfortably quick in GT2.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2547320)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did the 20 car blow an engine already? Link.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2547334)   #47
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Dyson won't even make it till the finish of this race unless they really back the power levels down.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2547348)   #48
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's not quite that simple. The word from other threads here is that they cooked the motors at Mosport because they were running the mixture too lean. The real trick seems to be striking a balance where you don't overstress the lump, while at the same time, you don't overheat it either.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2547352)   #49
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Practice 1 was underway until the #07 Peugeot caught fire, and is apparently still burning at Turn 6.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2547356)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are either or both of the Dyson cars running the 09 spec wing? Might be worth it o back one running the ACO wing to try to earn the entry to LM2010, unless the RS Spyder has been modified to the 09 wing as well.
Sucks about the Pug, any word on how destroyed? Guessing with the phrase still burning, it will be out of the race?
Closed Thread