Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Feb 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2638158)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Spa 6Hour 2010

Surprised this hasn't been started already,so here goe's. Just had a call from Vincent,he was outlining some changes to the regs for this year,more like a reminder really.Avon ZZs being top of the list but also concerning Spark Plug Size and MSD Ignition[which is to be allowed]Plugs must be of the 14mm size if fitted in period. More interesting is that Avons can only be used in 70 series,as was ALWAYS the case.Could drop some lap times I think.Main Spectator entrance will be at the old La Source gate as well as the circuit owners have laid a new road going infield from the inside of Blanchimont,this being an attempt to encourage more spectators to the Rivage/Brussels/Pouhon areas,lots of promising things are starting to happen so it would seem that the 'Sourdine' are being pacified a little now!

ENTRY FEE REMAINS UNCHANGED FROM LAST YEAR.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2638172)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so no Avons for the main competitors... whilst I know many run on them when I came 4th I did it on Dunlops...
will be interesting for lap times though - what difference will it make to a front running B I wonder?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2638175)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
little SImon, it may slow down a legal one though

Definitely a late start to this years thread, its late Feb!

No idea what I'm doing this year, but I'm definitely going!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2638176)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Non at all Simon,14in ZZs are only available in the normal 70 series.[The FIA are having a bit of a look at those cars though]
As for the front runners,they can still use ZZs,if they can get them on that is!.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2638177)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so pre 66 cars can run Avons?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2638184)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the theory behind behind spark plug size Tel?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2638195)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have a theory on that and thought of it immediately I read the thread is it that most aftermarket V8 heads come with the smaller plugs?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2638196)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Got it in one Al! Rather subtle way of starting a sort out on V8 engined cars.
Simon,there was no mention that they wouldn't be allowed to.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2638200)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

ok your second line was confusing to a layman such as myself!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2638210)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*sob*. Can't get the time this year (first no show for some time) but interesting to see the use of MSD ignition. Makes it fit with Masters too.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2638214)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
works well with the megasquirt too

small plugs help avoiding cracks with massive valves on some heads too.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2638228)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can't use mega squirt in the 6hrs, you have to use the pump fuel, although I stand to be corrected.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2638252)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I am hoping to go this year with Cliff Ryan but probably will not be competing in anything although he is trying to get me to enter Barry's race but I will need a bigger tank and not sure its worth the effort.

BTW old V8 head castings from the muscle area will suddenly be worth a premium thats if you can find any that aint rotten! Fortunately in CTCRC we are allowed to use the factory Bowtie heads which are also small 14mm plug types.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2638256)   #14
mjg15
Rookie

mjg15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When do the entry forms usually come out? I'm hoping to enter for the first time this year.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2638260)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I am hoping to go this year with Cliff Ryan but probably will not be competing in anything although he is trying to get me to enter Barry's race but I will need a bigger tank and not sure its worth the effort.
You can normally refuel in Barry's race but you'll need a Nat A licence to compete.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2638266)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
That wont be a problem Tim, I did at least ten races last year probably more.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2638282)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg15 View Post
When do the entry forms usually come out? I'm hoping to enter for the first time this year.

They are being sorted at the moment,should be out within the next few week's.
[No 10 is reserved though ]
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2638284)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
That wont be a problem Tim, I did at least ten races last year probably more.
What? On one tankfull?

Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2638287)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

Terry how did you get 10 - I thought they give you the placing of your previous year?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2638293)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
We didn't finish in 7th in 2006 either Simon.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2638300)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

so do you ask for the lowest number that has not been claimed by the position finisher the year before?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2638307)   #22
mjg15
Rookie

mjg15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry, I'll be more than happy with any number if it means I'm excepted!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2638312)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So Terence, does this thread cover the whole meeting or just 6hr?

Should be entering GD this time with Gilbern which is having a 2hr tank made as we speak, and maybe will bring something else for Legends SM, Barry's race or Masters allcomers. Sadly the car would like to run at Spa uses slicks so no race unless Barry allows them?

I asked for No 9 for TB on the off chance- 'no problem' was the reply!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2638326)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Its the whole meeting Mike,be a shame to ignore the rest of the event of the year.
Quite possibly Barry will allow slicks,just have to wait till he gets his details sorted.

Last edited by terence; 22 Feb 2010 at 15:43.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2638331)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Quite possibly Barry will allow slicks,just have to wait till he gets his details sorted.
Somehow I doubt that.