Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 21 Nov 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2989542)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths & Tapatalk

Following on from the integration of Tapatalk on Ten-Tenths which some of you may have been following here we've made a couple of decisions.

We will NOT be having a custom app for Tenths, there are two reasons for this.
  • It would simply be too expensive to have a custom app done across all platforms.
  • We know there are other motorsport forums available out there but we're the best (aren't we?)
Access will be through the standard Tapatalk applications which are available for a variety of platforms, just access Ten-Tenths through your device and you should get a pop-up if Tapatalk is available.
  • Note that as you are purchasing from a third party you purchase / install / use Tapatalk at your own risk, basically this means that you'll need to talk to Tapatalk if you have any problems getting it installed or working on your device.
Tapatalk access will soon only be available to "subscribers", however we are aware that people will have to pay for Tapatalk so as an introduction offer, until 31st November 2011, you can use the discount code TAP25 to get 2.50 off your Tenths subscription.
  • Tenths doesn't get any revenue from sales of Tapatalk, this discount is simply a "thank you" for anyone who downloaded it to try on Tenths during the initial testing and wants to continue subscribing.
  • If you've just bought it this weekend and feel "gyped" that we're making it subscriber only then send me a PM and I'll give you a month subscriber access free.

More information on subscriber access can be found here.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3161581)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3161582)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
How much is £10 in real money?
$16
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3161590)   #4
Javi_racing
Rookie

Spain
Madrid
Javi_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont you have a sort of "mobile-version" of the forum for free users, to use with the browser in the phone? just asking
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3161592)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi_racing View Post
Dont you have a sort of "mobile-version" of the forum for free users, to use with the browser in the phone? just asking
No, we don't.
Old 24 Nov 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3170697)   #6
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you need to update your Tapatalk plugin? I've been unable to login for a few weeks now. Just remembered to ask about it.

I keep getting a "the usergroup you belong to does not have the permission to logon" message.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3170847)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Do you need to update your Tapatalk plugin? I've been unable to login for a few weeks now. Just remembered to ask about it.

I keep getting a "the usergroup you belong to does not have the permission to logon" message.
Me too!
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3170849)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine is still working fine.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3170852)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I meant to say "Me too, I'm on Android. It seemed to go wrong after an update, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also switching off and back on, but nothing happens"
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3170853)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Yes I do, but that's not the reason you're getting this:

Quote:
As per the very first post in this thread....

Tapatalk access will soon only be available to "subscribers"

Ironically it was because of an update that the TaT plugin lost that setting and allowed all users access.

More information on subscriber access can be found here.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3170858)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It seemed to go wrong after an update"
Actually it went RIGHT after an update.

There was a plugin update around the same time as an App update and that was when I noticed it had lost the "subscribers only" setting and corrected it.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3170958)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Actually it went RIGHT after an update.

There was a plugin update around the same time as an App update and that was when I noticed it had lost the "subscribers only" setting and corrected it.
Ah, fine, I'll subscribe then!

Max
Old 10 Dec 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3176976)   #13
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the reasoning behind allowing only Subscribers to be able to view via Tapatalk? Its not like the subcription money goes toward Tapatalk "fees" or something.

Making the forum accessible via Tapatalk is free.

Quote:
Q: How much does it cost?
A: There is no cost for forum owner to activate Tapatalk in your forum, and you are free to remove/deactivate it anytime you want to. We also have a Branded Program starting at just $29/month.
So, I cant imagine that is the reasons
Old 10 Dec 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3176999)   #14
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Whats the reasoning behind allowing only Subscribers to be able to view via Tapatalk?
Tenths is viewable for free on any device that supports a browser. Some users prefer to use TapaTalk on mobile devices, so we decided to offer that as a "value add" for our Subscriber members.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3292519)   #15
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there.

Just thought you should know that I have just installed Tapatalk into the new iPhone and it has let me into the forums despite not being a paid subscriber.

Have things changed, or have I found a bug?
Old 16 Dec 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3344428)   #16
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just decided to re subscribe so I could use tapatalk. It's so much quicker to browse tenths on the move than it used to be using a browser. One of the best £10s i've spent with the added bonus of removing the ads when on my laptop
Old 2 Apr 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3388083)   #17
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Hi there.

Just thought you should know that I have just installed Tapatalk into the new iPhone and it has let me into the forums despite not being a paid subscriber.

Have things changed, or have I found a bug?
Same here, I've got Tapatalk on Android. Decided to try and see if anything would work, it did. Which isn't bad I suppose!
Old 7 May 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3403409)   #18
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if it's just me/my account, but I haven't been able to log in via Tapatalk for the last few days - it just says failed to connect to forum. Any suggestions?
Old 7 May 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3403415)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
I've not noticed any issues and I'm using TaT to write this reply.
Old 7 May 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3403418)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All good for me too.
Old 7 May 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3403459)   #21
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys, cleared the cache and it's working now
Old 28 Oct 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3469315)   #22
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys, I am a subscriber and use Tapatalk a lot. I am now getting lots and lots of ads amid the Tapatalk browsing. I am told there is a monetisation option in the administration for the Tapatalk support now, which they have helpfully opted you in for, but they also don't care to share any of the money they make with you. Given that only subs Can use Tapatalk, could you please turn this option off?
Old 28 Oct 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3469323)   #23
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
In order to make the forum more accessible "on the go" we decided a while back to let all users use TapATalk to access the forum. Unfortunately this means that we don't have the ability to turn adverts off only for subscribers.

We are continuing to evaluate the effectiveness of TapATalk adverts and will look at the position at the end of the month.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3469346)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My tapatalk was definitely not working when my sub lapsed. It is annoying to pay a sub to get rid of ads then get more ads...
Old 28 Oct 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3469353)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
My tapatalk was definitely not working when my sub lapsed. It is annoying to pay a sub to get rid of ads then get more ads...
Ok, turns out there IS a per-usergroup setting to control adverts. Let me know if they are still appearing.