Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jan 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3877221)   #26
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sunset race sounds really great. I was not born yet but did a Blower won Le Mans? Cant remember but I recall they are fast and tall too.
I belive yes .1930 a Bentley 4 and a half litre.
Old 20 Jan 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3877259)   #27
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Love Bugattis (small , light clever ) whilst being probably the only Brit who is lukewarm about the 'world's fastest lorry ' - Bentleys . All a bit mustard yellow cords,waistcoats , union flags and bow ties for me.

But either way - it's going to be a bloody eternal lap around Silverstone GP isn't it ? 20 minutes or 6 laps , whichever comes first....
Old 20 Jan 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3877262)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I've always been fascinated by the Bentleys, every detail suggests power, speed, ariotocraty, in one word respect. Even the copies are great, we saw a batch during last year's Rétromobile. Bugatti humm, I'd rather an Amicar CGSS.
Old 20 Jan 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3877263)   #29
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Love Bugattis (small , light clever ) whilst being probably the only Brit who is lukewarm about the 'world's fastest lorry ' - Bentleys . All a bit mustard yellow cords,waistcoats , union flags and bow ties for me.

But either way - it's going to be a bloody eternal lap around Silverstone GP isn't it ? 20 minutes or 6 laps , whichever comes first....
They are slow but certainly make up for it in the racing.Last time they were at Silverstone the battle between Burnett and PBE was fantastic.More of the same hopefully.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3880513)   #30
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An idea of rough timings for the Classic. https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/motor-racing
Old 31 Jan 2019, 00:50 (Ref:3880789)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sod all that.

Let's hear it for 50 years of the car you always promised yourself
Old 31 Jan 2019, 05:14 (Ref:3880812)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!

They can make a lot of additional money with Capri owner's and clubs. What seems strange is the chosen official picture… May be its my computer screen but the obvious brands are Auto Trader and a famous cow boy cancer provider. Dont you have a regulation about fags adverts? May be my eyes. Or is the main sponsor…… a sea Rover!!
Old 8 Feb 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3882636)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone Classic Media Day 2019 is scheduled for April 10th.

FREE to competitors entered for one if the SC races, and in the specific car. Be warned though, previously you haven’t got an awful lot of track time (It’s not called a Media Day for nothing ) so not the best day for serious testing.....

Entry form- https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...m-Editable.pdf
Old 8 Feb 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3882646)   #34
Willmaz223
Veteran

The Aston Martin Festival Race will be for aston martins such as the DBRS9 and Vantage.Example classes such as GT3,GTE,GT4 etc.Also the Aston Martin Vulcan aswell.Looking forward to this just for the GT3 and E.But the Vulcan.Will be a push to get one to race but there is I gather about 3 to 4 that I've seen race at Le Mans and Snetterton.Not really classic,historic though,cars as late as last year I hear.This new modern concept is getting a bit extreme I think.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 00:18 (Ref:3882727)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
The Aston Martin Festival Race will be for aston martins such as the DBRS9 and Vantage.Example classes such as GT3,GTE,GT4 etc.Also the Aston Martin Vulcan aswell.Looking forward to this just for the GT3 and E.But the Vulcan.Will be a push to get one to race but there is I gather about 3 to 4 that I've seen race at Le Mans and Snetterton.Not really classic,historic though,cars as late as last year I hear.This new modern concept is getting a bit extreme I think.
It's called'Pre owned'apparently 🙄
Old 26 Feb 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3886773)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right,

Masters have graciously accepted my reasons for not entering earlier events and so we shall be trolling around in the Gent Drivers race.

Might be a good place for someone to volunteer assistance
Old 26 Feb 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3886779)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Right,

Masters have graciously accepted my reasons for not entering earlier events and so we shall be trolling around in the Gent Drivers race.

Wow, would you like to negotiate our entry as well?

(It’s in, but of course ‘pending’, as like you, we won’t have done 3 previous meetings....)
Old 26 Feb 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3886823)   #38
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Right,

Sorry If I've missed something but whst do you mean by 'someone to volunteer'.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3886846)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll pm you.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3887305)   #40
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure this is the right place, but at the VSCC meeting at Silverstone on 13th April, Benjafields Racing Club is organising a Vintage Bentley only Race. This will see 40 vintage Bentleys in a two driver 50 minute race on the National Circuit, which will give the best opportunities to see the cars in action. All the cars are road registered and 3 Litre, 4 1/2 Litre 6 1/2 Litre and 8 Litre variants are entered. There will also be a small display of team and important racing Bentleys at the circuit. Tickets in advance from the VSCC website.
Nigel B

Last edited by Mike Bell; 28 Feb 2019 at 13:18. Reason: Copied to the VSCC meeting thread.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3887530)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Forms for Testing on the Thursday are now published.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3887534)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Forms for Testing on the Thursday are now published.
Interesting that they’re still advertising the free media day ‘testing’ as well. That used to get booked up very quickly, but maybe some competitors have concluded that it doesn’t offer enough track time, despite being free!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3907729)   #43
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC have now got a Thundersports race on the Sunday.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3907730)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep and we plan to race out Tiga .Just need to convince the owner . 👍
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3907731)   #45
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by james s View Post
HSCC have now got a Thundersports race on the Sunday.
Interesting that. No announcement or anything with it.

Maybe the German Can-Am grid might join in as they've said they wanted to get a race in England

Tickets and Hotel booked for this year, all 3 days is a first.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3907732)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Out of curiosity, is the race an addition to the timetable, or replacing another grid?
Old 3 Jun 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3907737)   #47
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing on the websites. Might be replacing the new Aston race if that has not been well received
Old 3 Jun 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3907744)   #48
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Nothing on the websites. Might be replacing the new Aston race if that has not been well received
As Will said, nothing anywhere, so obviously a case of ‘you heard it here first’!

Looking at the timetable, it’s got to be replacing another race, so you could be spot on predicting that one.....
Old 3 Jun 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3907746)   #49
Willmaz223
Veteran

The race has got replacement written all over it.

The Thundersports grid is one of the only HSCC that hasn't been to the Classic yet I think.

Odd as there was an ad in the Masters Programme about the Aston race. I can't think of any other grid that would be cancelled.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 21:31 (Ref:3907793)   #50
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
race scheduled for 9.40 am sunday