Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jun 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4057904)   #1326
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes it was hidden away in the newsletter that came out last Friday. The guidance actually changed the previous Tuesday and it was definitely below the radar.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Jun 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4057907)   #1327
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks mate missed that one. I was at a Drag Race meeting in Yorkshire on Saturday, Social Distancing, Face Masks pah they're for southern softies.
Still it was a non MSUK event, which made me feel a bit better.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4057914)   #1328
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
For those wanting to travel abroad, racing purpose or other, I found this link interesting. Update can be found every Wednesday morning, countries are classified by color: Green, Orange, Red, Dark Red and Grey. ATM -June 21- France is "Orange" and Belgium "Dark Red" if I'm right.
Hope this helps: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-...-free-movement
Mon ami, who taught you geography? (couldn't resist ) it's Netherlands that is red, Belgium is the same colour as France.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4057919)   #1329
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Right, thanks for correcting! I'd say dark red…
Old 23 Jun 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4057923)   #1330
flagwaver2
Rookie

England
flagwaver2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
There’s no border. There are no roadblocks. We are not - at least yet - living in a state where every movement in monitored. The idea of Scotland ‘banning’ travel to and from a specific city is pure political theatre.
But the final instructions for the Dunoon rally specifically banned entrants from Bedford, Blackburn with Darwen and Bolton.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 00:45 (Ref:4057928)   #1331
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagwaver2 View Post
But the final instructions for the Dunoon rally specifically banned entrants from Bedford, Blackburn with Darwen and Bolton.

But of course Bedford has been released from the penalty box, now......so all those Bedford residents eager to travel to Dunoon are unleashed!
Old 24 Jun 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4057944)   #1332
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Thanks mate missed that one. I was at a Drag Race meeting in Yorkshire on Saturday, Social Distancing, Face Masks pah they're for southern softies.
Still it was a non MSUK event, which made me feel a bit better.
Me too . Great wasn't it ? I don't object to a lack of mask outdoors and didn't find it hard to maintain a sensible distance from others. Higher tattoo and dog count than Goodwood....
Old 24 Jun 2021, 07:23 (Ref:4057945)   #1333
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Me too . Great wasn't it ? I don't object to a lack of mask outdoors and didn't find it hard to maintain a sensible distance from others. Higher tattoo and dog count than Goodwood....
Just a bit.
It was my first time there, but I'll deffo go back.
Got 3 days @ Santa Pod this weekend.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4057965)   #1334
flagwaver2
Rookie

England
flagwaver2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
But of course Bedford has been released from the penalty box, now......so all those Bedford residents eager to travel to Dunoon are unleashed!
The only problem is that they were unable to enter in the first place.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 21:45 (Ref:4058064)   #1335
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just got our final instructions for the CSCC Knockhill event - stressing that we'll have to wear masks at all times in the circuit (except when eating/drinking), including in the paddock, unlike in England, where in the open when able to socially distance, no mask is needed.
Old 25 Jun 2021, 06:31 (Ref:4058093)   #1336
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Oh for God's sake . All the evidence points to the danger being minuscule when outdoors , hence the no mask regime at every other venue I've been to this year (except indoors, which is sensible) .
Old 25 Jun 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4058118)   #1337
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sydney has just shut down then!

Will that affect any forthcoming Supercar meetings?
Old 25 Jun 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4058151)   #1338
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
All the difference between hail a cab and a cab to hell:
https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/25/...-delta-variant
Old 28 Jun 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4058655)   #1339
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Kart meeting @ Rissington called off next Sunday due to low entry numbers.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4058682)   #1340
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
And I've had to withdraw from CSCC Knockhill because milady has tested positive for Covid, so we are now having to isolate until after next weekend.......
Old 28 Jun 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4058684)   #1341
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Kart meeting @ Rissington called off next Sunday due to low entry numbers.
Yes but that's not Covid related, Rissy has been losing support for a few seasons now. Whilton Mill at the weekend had 250 or so drivers, the British Championship was busy and many of the non-MSUK meetings are well subscribed too. Since the first Lockdown the tracks have never been so busy.

As they say on the TV antiques shows - "quality sells" and that's how drivers are making their choices.

Old 28 Jun 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4058685)   #1342
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And I've had to withdraw from CSCC Knockhill because milady has tested positive for Covid, so we are now having to isolate until after next weekend.......
Ouch, I hope she gets well soon.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4058709)   #1343
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All my best to your milady, Richard. And you too.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4058716)   #1344
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Thanks guys - it was a bit of a blow - took the test Saturday morning, then drove down to Bicester for the AROC National day, staying overnight.....only to be woken by the texts yesterday morning saying I was negative but Blanche was positive. No option but to pack up and trek the 160 or so miles back home.......

Bit annoying when we are both double jabbed - but hopefully it means it will be fairly mild, and we have good neighbours offering to do shopping etc
Old 28 Jun 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4058721)   #1345
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes but that's not Covid related, Rissy has been losing support for a few seasons now. Whilton Mill at the weekend had 250 or so drivers, the British Championship was busy and many of the non-MSUK meetings are well subscribed too. Since the first Lockdown the tracks have never been so busy.

As they say on the TV antiques shows - "quality sells" and that's how drivers are making their choices.

Right,
I haven't been there for a long while.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4058847)   #1346
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear of your wife's problems Richard, especially on top of everything else. I hope she recovers well & soon.

We had our second doses of AZ yesterday, so my fingers are crossed! Even came home with an 'EU Digital Covid Certificate'.