Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets it?
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 1 2.63%
George Russell 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 30 78.95%
Charles Leclerc 0 0%
Lando Norris 0 0%
Oscar Piastri 2 5.26%
Pierre Gasly 1 2.63%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Logan Sargeant 0 0%
Nico Hülkenberg 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Zhou Guanyu 0 0%
Yuki Tsunoda 0 0%
Liam Lawson 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4177012)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix 2023

Who do you think gets it?
Old 17 Sep 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4177039)   #2
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlos Sainz!
Old 17 Sep 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4177042)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz, didn't put a wheel wrong all weekend.

Liam Lawson deserves a mention.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4177046)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clearly Carlos. And as mentioned above, Lawson is doing a great job.

Richard
Old 17 Sep 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4177059)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well done Carlos, you deserve that win
Old 17 Sep 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4177068)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Carlos with kudos to Lawson.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4177092)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolute no-brainer this one! Fantastic job by Carlos who 'owned' the Singapore GP. Such a clever piece of driving. Kudos to Lando and to Liam Lawson who is proving to be a thoroughly excellent replacement for Ricciardo.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4177101)   #8
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
..... Liam Lawson who is proving to be a thoroughly excellent replacement for Ricciardo.
If DannyRic gets selected to finish the season over Lawson it will be an injustice. Awesome Lawson has done more to keep that seat than DR. The 'junior' team needs to be just that and look to the future not drag some relative relic from the past. By all means use Danny / his experience in the background for simulator and development work. That might sound unkind to Danny but it is better for the future of the team that way. My opinion.

Im another who was impressed by Sainz's outside the box Lando DRS strategy, on the run. The guy has class.

Last edited by E.B; 17 Sep 2023 at 19:01.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4177106)   #9
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Absolute no-brainer this one! Fantastic job by Carlos who 'owned' the Singapore GP. Such a clever piece of driving. Kudos to Lando and to Liam Lawson who is proving to be a thoroughly excellent replacement for Ricciardo.

I would have posted exactly those sentiments.I felt rather sorry for Ocon who was doing a solid job until the car ceased to proceed.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4177111)   #10
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
If DannyRic gets selected to finish the season over Lawson it will be an injustice. Awesome Lawson has done more to keep that seat than DR. The 'junior' team needs to be just that and look to the future not drag some relative relic from the past. By all means use Danny / his experience in the background for simulator and development work. That might sound unkind to Danny but it is better for the future of the team that way. My opinion.
Very much agree with this.

Richard
Old 17 Sep 2023, 19:39 (Ref:4177112)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post

Richard
Yep, me too.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 22:43 (Ref:4177141)   #12
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a foot wrong
Old 17 Sep 2023, 23:04 (Ref:4177143)   #13
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post

Richard
Lawson has a double header (two rounds on consecutive weekends at Suzuka, the weekend of the Mexican GP), so wont be in Mexico. DR is there for the season so may finish off the year. There is the possibility that it will be a tussle between Yuki and DR who gets the second seat.....

Old 17 Sep 2023, 23:26 (Ref:4177145)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We know Lawson is only keeping Danny’s seat warm for now and is focused on Super Formula this year. Be interesting to see who gets the seats at AT/STR/WIGBC* next year. Could see both Danny Ric and Tsunoda out

Whatever it’s Gonna Be Called
Old 18 Sep 2023, 01:05 (Ref:4177151)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unless Mr Tsunoda is soon to go.
Retiring for a flat tyre seemed odd..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Sep 2023, 04:14 (Ref:4177156)   #16
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
team Anzac 24
Old 18 Sep 2023, 04:23 (Ref:4177157)   #17
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 04:57 (Ref:4177160)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Unless Mr Tsunoda is soon to go.
Retiring for a flat tyre seemed odd..
I thought exactly that. Flat Tyre and out of the car !
Strange
Old 18 Sep 2023, 06:38 (Ref:4177162)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Carlos Sainz was absolutely brilliant! He's long been a strategic mastermind and today was his reward. As fast as he needed to be. Great to see Lando Norris so happy with 2nd, as he's at the point where he could get disappointed with runner-up.

Spare a thought for Alex Albon who almost got a point on a very non-Williams circuit. Looks like he got clobbered by the ever-more-disappointing Pérez. Would like to see the incident, though, before judging.

Well done to Lawson, though. Top job.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4177192)   #20
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted for Carlos, but I was surprised that no-one chose Lando. He also was millimetre-perfect throughout, put pressure on Carlos and resisted even more pressure from George.

Kudos must also go to Liam Lawson who continues to settle in nicely and get results for Alpha Tauri that I really don't think Danny Ric could have achieved. Sorry Dan, but I think your time in F1 is coming to a close. The Red Bull days were good, but it's been a slow and sad decline since then.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4177193)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I voted for Carlos, but I was surprised that no-one chose Lando. He also was millimetre-perfect throughout, put pressure on Carlos and resisted even more pressure from George.

Kudos must also go to Liam Lawson who continues to settle in nicely and get results for Alpha Tauri that I really don't think Danny Ric could have achieved. Sorry Dan, but I think your time in F1 is coming to a close. The Red Bull days were good, but it's been a slow and sad decline since then.
Spot on IMO.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4177245)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

Hit the nail on the head.

Spot on.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 15:17 (Ref:4177247)   #23
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not surprised so many have vote for Carlos. He has worked hard at Ferrari and so often has it been suggested Ferrari should favour Charles and all that time I have disagreed. As if more reasons were needed, this race was a solid one.

One of the more surprising drives for me this weekend was how Piastri managed to climb so high with a car lacking the latest upgrades, and being stuck among the mess at the back of the grid. Impressive job.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 01:10 (Ref:4177345)   #24
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good work by Sainz and Lawson. DotR to Piastri for gaining 10 places on that circuit.

Doofus of the race to Russell. Norris hits the wall and George says "hold my beer".