Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Sep 2001, 21:08 (Ref:140814)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans tickets.

How would i go about getting tickets for the Le Mans 24hrs?

Also how old do you have to be to drive over there?
Old 4 Sep 2001, 00:51 (Ref:140932)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, you COULD solve both those problems by joining the 10-Tenths Pilgrimage next year. For 155 British Pounds you would get your race ticket, camping at the circuit with some of the best people around (clean showers and toilets and 24 hour security, and right off Arnage corner), and round trip ferry transfers from England. You would also contribute to the driver of whichever car you go in.

Failing that, you can get your tickets through the ACO if you are a member (www.lemans.org) or buy them at the circuit if you want general admission, on the day.

I don't know how old you need to be to drive, but probably 19.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:44 (Ref:141297)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Liz - Sounds like the bargain of the century, where exactly will you be camped ??

Paulzinho - as for driving, ask your insurer. For a Le Mans dedicated community see www.clubarnage.com/ and its related forum and links - essential stuff if you're interested in the greatest race
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:25 (Ref:141729)   #4
Sandra R.
Rookie

Sandra R. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone please tell me what the dates of the 2002 Le Mans race are please. I have looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find it.

Thanks
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:53 (Ref:141745)   #5
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 2002:
15/16 June
Practice 5 May
Dates are provisional, but I bet they'll prove correct.
See you there
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:16 (Ref:141756)   #6
Sandra R.
Rookie

Sandra R. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:23 (Ref:141764)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can'y go nest year because of my stupid A Level exams. Do you think they can put it off for a week?!?!?!
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:37 (Ref:155510)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Tickets

Hi Paulzinho, found you! (Got your e-mail - haven't contributed before but you jogged my memory - this is great - there is so little going on everywhere else!).

Exams!!! You can't possibly contemplate missing Le Mans for exams! Seriously, I don't somehow think the ACO will change the dates just for you!
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:40 (Ref:155512)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Tickets

Paulzinho - yes, me again - I see you are a "veteran" at this - how many posts before I cease to be a rookie? (I guess I should read the FAQs for that!).
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:58 (Ref:155526)   #10
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I missed out on this year (seeing that it p@**ed down with rain so much I'm not so sure that was a bad thing) but I'm all up for next year!!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 16:37 (Ref:155863)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Frankly MGF, I'd be there next year if the circuit was under 3 feet of snow (but then again, I don't suppose there'd be too much on-circuit action!).

No doubt about, come rain or shine, it's where you've gotta be!!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 21:23 (Ref:155998)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Re: Le Mans Tickets

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Paulzinho - yes, me again - I see you are a "veteran" at this - how many posts before I cease to be a rookie? (I guess I should read the FAQs for that!).
20 to be a racer
500 to be a veteran

Good luck and welcome aboard, as you can see there are plenty of interesting forums!!

As for the exams, sorry but i want to go to Uni!!! and a good one at that!!
Old 5 Oct 2001, 12:57 (Ref:156237)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

Oh well, Paulzinho, I guess you'd better get that education first! Good luck and see you at La Sarthe in 2003? (2004?) (2005?) (Well, before I draw my old age pension, anyway!).
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:17 (Ref:156466)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
2003 is the goal at the moment, I hope!! After that i wouldnt mind racing but that may take a few years/decades to save up!!!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 16:24 (Ref:158093)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just borrow a Porsche from somebody and paint it really cool and nobody will know the difference. I saw lots of guys at the ALMS who seemed to have done that.

Someone wanted to know where we were camping; it is Airtrack VIP camping and is quite near the Alain Prost Karting Track. An easy walk up into the back of the village from there and near the paddock if you have those tickets (which I for one intend to do again as that was worth the price.)