Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Aug 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4173560)   #1
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington Park GP, 26/27 August, Rds. 22/23/24

The championship comes to the Donington Park GP circuit this weekend for Rounds 22, 23, and 24 of the season.

Timetable

BARC Noticeboard

BTCC Qualifying: 15.40 - 16.10
Qualifying YouTube link (stream starts at 15.30): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyervfnIjQ

BTCC Races: 11.45, 14.45, 17.25

BTCC on ITV4: 11.15 - 18.25

Support Series in action:
British F4
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge GB
Mini Challenge Trophy
Old 21 Aug 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4173561)   #2
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time since 2002 on the full layout. The hairpins were good spectator areas back in the day, not sure how it's changed in 20 years.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4173562)   #3
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing a new circuit (well… the closest we’re going to get for a while!) and Donington always produces great races.

Guess we’re expecting a mid-week driver announcement from Hard.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4173612)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So glad we're back on the full layout, adds a bit of variety to the championship schedule. Better than having two meetings on the same layout (Thruxton). Hopefully the concerns about brakes won't come to pass
Old 22 Aug 2023, 11:10 (Ref:4173618)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Foggys is now much faster than it was the last time the BTCC cars were there.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4173620)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
First time since 2002 on the full layout. The hairpins were good spectator areas back in the day, not sure how it's changed in 20 years.
There's not a huge amount of spectator area at the Melbourne hairpin. They have extended the gravel trap and added a fence so you are almost standing in the paddock access road.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 12:42 (Ref:4173624)   #7
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
There's not a huge amount of spectator area at the Melbourne hairpin. They have extended the gravel trap and added a fence so you are almost standing in the paddock access road.
A shame. You used to be able to get so close there. One of the Fiestas whalloped the tyres when I was there in 2000 and it felt like you could almost touch it.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4173628)   #8
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went along for the tyre test (been for a few Brit GT/Superbike rounds too), the outside of Melbourne is okay to view the hairpin, but I reckon it'll be packed. Great view looking direct on from the path too - again, I reckon it'll be packed this year so it'll likely be a pain..
Paddock side was a great view for the test, but yet again, you're not going to be able to move there (plus you won't see anything apart from the back of photographers heads- I reckon all the photographers will be welded there to get shots that are different to what thy've got from Donington for the last 20 years.)
I'll have a look along the new (old) part on Saturday, but I think I'll avoid on Sunday!
Old 22 Aug 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4173686)   #9
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...D-22.08.23.pdf

Entry list. Just 5 Cupras.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 20:59 (Ref:4173704)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Entry list. Just 5 Cupras.
Still plenty of time for the funds to clear / new driver to be announced.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 21:42 (Ref:4173706)   #11
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A few standout things in the supports entry lists.

Ginetta Junior dominator Freddie Slater debuting in F4 with the returning Double R team (who have been absent since the end of 2019). It'll be interesting to see how he fares. Another rookie in the form of the Italian Alvise Rodella at Virtuosi.

Will Martin coming back to PCCGB from the USA to cover for Gus Burton in the NAPA-sponsored JTR entry. Also the return of Richardson Racing after missing Knockhill.
Old 23 Aug 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4173767)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

I was going to ask, what were the chances of see a Mr T Gilham on the entry list. We now have version 2 of the entry and I was partly right.
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...D-23.08.23.pdf

Tommy Gilham has been added to the Mini Challenge, and Thomas Mills in F4 for JHR.

No change to the BTCC entry yet
Old 24 Aug 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4173841)   #13
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I was going to ask, what were the chances of see a Mr T Gilham on the entry list. We now have version 2 of the entry and I was partly right.
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...D-23.08.23.pdf

Tommy Gilham has been added to the Mini Challenge, and Thomas Mills in F4 for JHR.

No change to the BTCC entry yet
Just seen the publicity photo. The car has a ding in the rear quarter panel and tyre marks down the side. Quality.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4173844)   #14
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Just seen the publicity photo. The car has a ding in the rear quarter panel and tyre marks down the side. Quality.
https://twitter.com/TeamHardRacing/s...12030237011974

For those who want to see the picture.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4173854)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Yeah, but that's probably the good side
Old 24 Aug 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4173868)   #16
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC have posted the last races on the GP layout (2002) on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_H3GpGucz4

Amazing how much lighter the cars look - not sure we’re going to get two cars going side by side into the Fogarty Esses anymore (well, it didn’t really work then!)
Old 24 Aug 2023, 21:44 (Ref:4173869)   #17
thetool
Veteran

If the Europeans had embraced the BTCT regulations, or something very similar to them that they were looking at, the 2000s could have been quite different. The cars were a bit ugly, but they were well designed for longevity and lower running costs, whilst stil retaining something of the essense of the original road car (something that's been lost with NGTC).
Old 25 Aug 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4173889)   #18
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
BTCC have posted the last races on the GP layout (2002) on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_H3GpGucz4

Amazing how much lighter the cars look - not sure we’re going to get two cars going side by side into the Fogarty Esses anymore (well, it didn’t really work then!)
I was there for that meeting as a spectator. Some young lad called Lewis something was in the Formula Renault support race, and two chaps who followed single seater racing said to me that we should keep an eye on him, he was a world champion in the making. I thought yeah yeah, they all are, but... They were right

Race 1 saw Thommo dominate and take the driver's title, which I was very pleased about. My wife had a work link at the time to WSR, so we went to meet someone (Clive Bowen, IIRC) and we then spent qualifying in the garage with her monitoring Reid's pit to car radio. That was a good weekend!
Old 25 Aug 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4173904)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I was there for that meeting as a spectator. Some young lad called Lewis something was in the Formula Renault support race, and two chaps who followed single seater racing said to me that we should keep an eye on him, he was a world champion in the making. I thought yeah yeah, they all are, but... They were right

Race 1 saw Thommo dominate and take the driver's title, which I was very pleased about. My wife had a work link at the time to WSR, so we went to meet someone (Clive Bowen, IIRC) and we then spent qualifying in the garage with her monitoring Reid's pit to car radio. That was a good weekend!
Funnily enough I said the same thing about Antonio Pizzonia, dominated in lower formulae but was an also ran in F1.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4173931)   #20
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 Cupras it is then

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...-donington-gp/
Old 25 Aug 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4173933)   #21
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Confirmed as their one force majeure - would that not have been Croft when Hamilton left?
Old 25 Aug 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4173934)   #22
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Confirmed as their one force majeure - would that not have been Croft when Hamilton left?
I think because the car was actually in attendance (was it even scrutineered?) then Croft doesn't actually count as an absense at all? As far as I know there's no provision to penalise an entry that doesn't take to the track for any or all sessions during the weekend.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4173935)   #23
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The car was entered at Croft - just did not run.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4173943)   #24
t4tinks
Rookie

t4tinks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The car was entered at Croft - just did not run.
The car was there, but didn't leave the awning after Nic Hamilton left on the Saturday morning.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4173945)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4tinks View Post
The car was there, but didn't leave the awning after Nic Hamilton left on the Saturday morning.
Exactly. Entered for the meeting - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/HQ56-CR-Entry-List-V1.0-PUBLISHED-25.07.23.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj4gO_BvviAAxUxV0EAHSsxA-kQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw2iG-LBC97JPo6B686AXLkS