Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:19 (Ref:2025001)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
The racing has largely been boring, calendar breaks, poor reliability early on cost drivers and some of the driving has been down right amateur,
There have been many negatives for season 2007 however in terms of open wheel competition, the races have been pretty good.

Green to green at Portland, San Jose and Clevland put on great shows with passing and alternate strategies, Mt Tremblant had it all and Toronto turned on a race with just about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Bourdais has continued to impress, but really, how good is the competition? Wilson, I rate, but maybe I'm biased being a Brit.
Wilson definately, Power has shown to pretty good, Rahal and Pagenaud from the new brigade have shown themselves to have bright futures and Robert Doornbos is obvioulsy highly talented.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 12:57 (Ref:2025114)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm the same andy_b. Although I only got into CART in 1993 for the obvious reason.

But this is the first year where Champcar is the very last on my list of priorities. I have most of the motorsport recorded over the weekends onto the Sky + box and Champcar usually is the last race I get round to catching up with. Usually it clashes with some other form of motorsport or live paint drying competitions.

If this was any year pre-2003 it'd probably be the first I'd watch.

Where is the drama, the bravery, the physical and brutal cars? Where is the quality of drivers? Where are the ovals? Where is everything?

Really saddens me to say all that.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:03 (Ref:2025118)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
None of this has anything to do with 'has the CART season ended?' Just a reason to say CC sucks to us.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2025123)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, that is true. However, the calendar gaps are a big problem that contributes.

Remember, time was there was a race most weeks between season start and end.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 19:21 (Ref:2049514)   #30
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, that is true. However, the calendar gaps are a big problem that contributes.

Remember, time was there was a race most weeks between season start and end.
Sigh..................yes I do.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2049555)   #31
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
I fear my words have been misunderstood; I'm on your side stradlin21, and said that the word "bashing" was inappropriate, cos it wasn't about nothing else than honest criticism.
you've got to be careful what you say about it here mate

any slight critisism is bashing, clearly others are blind to the massive issues dogging champ car

Surfers is a great event, it always has been. The V8's are great as well