Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Aug 2023, 22:02 (Ref:4173159)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink RSC23 R8 The Bend SuperSprint

Now everyone seems to know that they are doing NEXT year…
What will we see this weekend?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Aug 2023, 22:14 (Ref:4173161)   #2
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More like welcome to The Shahin Shell Repco Supercars Series!

Due to unforeseen environmental and operational circumstances, The Vailo Adelaide event will now be relocated to Tailem Bend.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 02:58 (Ref:4173288)   #3
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Car issues for SVG in practice???

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/6388890...49.81k/View?26
Old 19 Aug 2023, 03:25 (Ref:4173289)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Testing the revised Gen3 power steering system
Going well it seems

Old 19 Aug 2023, 03:58 (Ref:4173290)   #5
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Testing the revised Gen3 power steering system
Going well it seems

Power steering or steering rack?
Old 19 Aug 2023, 12:45 (Ref:4173349)   #6
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Points of view:

Does SVG seem a little be sooky and seem to be throwing the toys out of the cot complaining when the car has issues?

I think 3rd place was given up today from Cam (under orders) (this time only he said) nice to see Randle get a podium
Old 19 Aug 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4173360)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

Does SVG seem a little be sooky and seem to be throwing the toys out of the cot complaining when the car has issues?
I have exited a road car because the steering feel was insolvable inconsistent…
And exited multiple prime movers for incurable vibrations, odd tyre wear and balance issues.

If the team is changing power steering pumps as if they were velcroed in… something definitely isn’t right there.
Old 19 Aug 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4173399)   #8
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Points of view:

I think 3rd place was given up today from Cam (under orders) (this time only he said) nice to see Randle get a podium
You come home from a hard Monday at work and say to the wife, what's for tea? She replies, cold porridge. By Saturday night and it's been cold porridge all week, someone is starting to lose their sense of humour.
Old 20 Aug 2023, 00:04 (Ref:4173408)   #9
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No more like, USA glitz and glamour one weekend and then stuck at Tailem Bend the next weekend!
Old 20 Aug 2023, 02:16 (Ref:4173423)   #10
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the Parity has worked or this track works well with the Ford
Old 20 Aug 2023, 20:59 (Ref:4173497)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
No more like, USA glitz and glamour one weekend and then stuck at Tailem Bend the next weekend!
Most likely...
Old 20 Aug 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4173498)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Looks like the Parity has worked or this track works well with the Ford
A Ford won handsomely at a street circuit a few rounds ago, totally different track and conditions.
However, despite gteat promise shown in qualy none of them could convert to a win at Talem..

I just feel that Bathurst aside (where anything can happen over such a distance) we won't see any nailed on regular threat from the top Mustang pedallers til next season.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 00:10 (Ref:4173510)   #13
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
A Ford won handsomely at a street circuit a few rounds ago, totally different track and conditions.
However, despite gteat promise shown in qualy none of them could convert to a win at Talem..

I just feel that Bathurst aside (where anything can happen over such a distance) we won't see any nailed on regular threat from the top Mustang pedallers til next season.
It looks that way, Brodie is in a league of his own atm.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 03:46 (Ref:4173522)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It looks that way, Brodie is in a league of his own atm.
He has what no Ford leading driver has: a guy on the other side of the garage who is pushing him, and a guy who can race against and take points off the competitors.

Chaz and to a lesser extend Cam are running as lone gunners.

DJR well... Being DJR
Old 21 Aug 2023, 05:10 (Ref:4173526)   #15
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
He has what no Ford leading driver has: a guy on the other side of the garage who is pushing him, and a guy who can race against and take points off the competitors.

Chaz and to a lesser extend Cam are running as lone gunners.

DJR well... Being DJR
Brodie wiped the floor with Giz, Feeney and a few other chev teams too.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 06:39 (Ref:4173531)   #16
Kingair
Veteran

Mr Feeney and Mr Mostert played a little bit hard in Race 3, at one stage I thought 888 driver was in Rally Australia!

Who punted Feeney off in the last few laps of Race 3?
Old 21 Aug 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4173534)   #17
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Mr Feeney and Mr Mostert played a little bit hard in Race 3, at one stage I thought 888 driver was in Rally Australia!

Mostert was making his way through the field, was Feeney running out of rubber?
Old 21 Aug 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4173536)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

That was Reynolds... he was pinged 15 secs for careless driving but post race was blaming Feeney for being as much to blame.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4173548)   #19
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
That was Reynolds... he was pinged 15 secs for careless driving but post race was blaming Feeney for being as much to blame.
Reynolds was a long way up the inside when Feeney turned in and contact was made......not sure who was at fault.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4173553)   #20
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Reynolds was a long way up the inside when Feeney turned in and contact was made......not sure who was at fault.
Reynolds ruled at fault because he actually got inside by punting him at the previous corner.
Old 21 Aug 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4173558)   #21
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Reynolds ruled at fault because he actually got inside by punting him at the previous corner.
OK, I didn't see that.