Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Sep 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2017980)   #1
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 schedule

F1 and IRL have posted their 2008 schedules. We are not even sure about the rest of 2007!
Any guesses as to when CCWS will get their's out?
Maybe we should have a contest to predict the date.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 15:14 (Ref:2018008)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be careful Irwin!

Are you aware of the risks you're running?
Old 19 Sep 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2018057)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will be finalised in September 2008 when the last race of the season is cancelled.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 17:54 (Ref:2018135)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a mess. CC hasn't had a schedule that was solid and no cancelations since 2000. OWRS track record has been bad. Multiple long breaks of months and a half..On and off races..I have no clue what the schedule will be like. I have a feeling in the future that there shall be less street races because of the problems and more road races with the ALMS and in Europe. Some races won't be coming back but we know tracks like Road America, Edmonton will be along with Toronto? and Long Beach = OWRS owned tracks.

I have a feeling it will be out in a few months time filled with tba's... Sorry but it's the way I see it.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 06:28 (Ref:2018482)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It will be finalised in September 2008 when the last race of the season is cancelled.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:59 (Ref:2018834)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speed TV said middle of October to expect the 2008 schedule.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 17:18 (Ref:2019899)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laguna Seca is confirmed on the CC schedule for May 16-18. The Grand-Am race will be on the saturday. the ChampCar race shall be on the sunday.

http://www.laguna-seca.com/pressrele...dex.cfm?ID=350
Old 21 Sep 2007, 23:56 (Ref:2020164)   #8
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Nice of the France family to let CC piggyback onto their event...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 02:05 (Ref:2020201)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard from within champcar the schedule will be out in october. They've decided to firm things up first with the fia and promoters before they pull the pin on the official schedule. Once that is done, the schedule will be out.

I am actually at reliant park in houston right now and the race will be april 25-27, 2008.

There might be some surprises for next years schedule.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 07:04 (Ref:2020259)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
There might be some surprises for next years schedule.
Lets hope they are positive surprises
Old 22 Sep 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2020346)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yup, how's the rumor or the Orlando race? I think it would be nice to see CC return to Flordia.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 01:46 (Ref:2020739)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Yup, how's the rumor or the Orlando race? I think it would be nice to see CC return to Flordia.
Funny you mention that, because that is about where I am at now. If I have any news to report I'll pass it on.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 14:38 (Ref:2021006)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Speed TV said middle of October to expect the 2008 schedule.
Did they say which year?
Old 23 Sep 2007, 21:42 (Ref:2021299)   #14
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's just the thing: When you publish a schedule, you expect it to be right. If they release in October (or whenever they release), how do we know that all the "i's" are dotted and all the "T's" are crossed.

The date is fine and thanx for the heads-up on Houston, mountainstar. Can you also report that the City of Houston is signed, Reliant Park is signed, a promoter is signed and CCWS is signed?
Old 23 Sep 2007, 22:50 (Ref:2021341)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
That's just the thing: When you publish a schedule, you expect it to be right. If they release in October (or whenever they release), how do we know that all the "i's" are dotted and all the "T's" are crossed.

The date is fine and thanx for the heads-up on Houston, mountainstar. Can you also report that the City of Houston is signed, Reliant Park is signed, a promoter is signed and CCWS is signed?
Far as I know it is all in place.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2021740)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
A local friend of mine checked with the promoter, and as far as they're concerned all is moving ahead (at least publicly) - CCWS is in the midst of a 5 year contract, ALMS is firm, and Reliant is lined up.

Again, that's what is being stated to interested parties locally (not simply fans, but potential sponsors or VIP / B2B types).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2023461)   #17
D.R.T.
Veteran

In an Australian article, Phillips suggested rumours of the ChampCar schedule being made up of

- 6 USA venues
- 3 Canadian venues
- 1 Australian venue
- 1 Chinese Venue
- 1 Mexican Venue
- 4 to 5 European venues
Old 26 Sep 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2023542)   #18
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty optimistic.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2023655)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

Time will tell.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 17:00 (Ref:2023713)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I believe if there is more of a drop in NA there will be an increase in Europe as many as 6 races...
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:38 (Ref:2023859)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
In an Australian article, Phillips suggested rumours of the ChampCar schedule being made up of

- 6 USA venues
- 3 Canadian venues
- 1 Australian venue
- 1 Chinese Venue
- 1 Mexican Venue
- 4 to 5 European venues
Well, that's 16 events. Will be interesting to see if it happens. Can think of how and where most events will occur except in Europe...
Old 27 Sep 2007, 01:03 (Ref:2023983)   #22
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Going from two events in Europe to six seems a bit of a stretch in one season, especially when a number of the second-tier tracks have busy calendars. Getting open dates that coincide (say you had 5 races over 5 - 10 weeks so as not to have more than a two week gap between races) so as to avoid multiple trips across the Atlantic might be difficult to arrange with only 6 to 9 months to go before you are in "season."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 01:22 (Ref:2023994)   #23
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The series is telling people who call and ask, that the schedule will be released in December.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 01:52 (Ref:2024004)   #24
indycool
Veteran

Well, that gives us a couple more months to speculate. When Johnson said they were going to file with the FIA in October, get approved and get announced, I thought he was stretching it.

Being as how CC had enough motion getting Zolder to go with Assen so they had two races in Europe in '07, I seriously doubt that it's a snap of the fingers to get more races there, with either tracks OR the FIA.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 07:26 (Ref:2024096)   #25
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
The series is telling people who call and ask, that the schedule will be released in December.
Just a few days after mountainstar's optimistic hint about a calendar announced in october, a deadline for december seems more realistic to me, tho it confirms the organizational situation of CC