Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Aug 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1998705)   #1
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotoGP San Marino - Racing at onasiM. :)

By the reading of some media, the track at Misano is bumpy in parts.

So I'd suggest the suspension gurus will be working overtime to get a very good race setup for the 3 categories.

Mike
Old 28 Aug 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1998766)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Insert funny joke.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1999379)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice title, very nice.

I'm looking forward to this. I've enjoyed gunning round the track on the Moto GP 07 game, so can't wait to see it in real life and how it compares to the superbikes.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1999489)   #4
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Nice title, very nice.

I'm looking forward to this. I've enjoyed gunning round the track on the Moto GP 07 game, so can't wait to see it in real life and how it compares to the superbikes.
I can't claim the Title of the thread. I was conservative (boringly sterile) when I started the thread.

I feel it must have been a gifted person like Hazza or even you Knowlesly (or even the Phantom) who amended the Title.

and let the weekend come on!!

Mike

Last edited by mmciau; 29 Aug 2007 at 20:10.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1999513)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Hazza is quite gifted...
Old 29 Aug 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1999516)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's not the word I'd use.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1999605)   #7
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thread title is somewhat misleading since the Italian MotoGP was held on 03.06 at Mugello. The official title for this MotoGP is the San Marino MotoGP. Just because the Misano circuit is in Italy (not in San Marino) does not make it an Italian MotoGP any more than Catalunya and Valencia being Spanish MotoGPs. Read more on the Most Serene Republic of San Marino here > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_marino
Old 29 Aug 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1999621)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 29 Aug 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1999640)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you Mr Finn.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 00:05 (Ref:1999714)   #10
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From memory (which isn't good at the best of time) in the 80's the Portugese GP was often held on spanish circuits (Jarama?).
Old 30 Aug 2007, 04:52 (Ref:1999799)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me: Rossi will comeback have a great battle with Stoner and come out on top just piping Stoner at the line, Vermulen and West should go alright, Vermulen from his SBK days and Westy because he has recently raced SuperSport there a few moths ago.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 05:32 (Ref:1999807)   #12
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vermulen's SBK experience will count for nothing as the track direction has been reversed. West is the only rider in the field who has raced (and won) on the circuit in this layout. I doubt that it will give him much of an advantage but at least he will be able to concentrate on bike setup rather than learning the track.

<Pedant Mode>
PR your avatar is driving me nuts. It is "Success Ballast"
<\Pedant Mode>
Old 30 Aug 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1999924)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOl what about the non convicts who are racing then, saw a picture in an old edition of a bike mag the other day, it was of a bunch of you lot when Doohan was in his pomp at the beginning of 92.

SOmething along the lines of isnt mick great and arent all yanks a bunch of *****

Well that kind of defines the appetite for your home grown and maybe now I realise that its not quite as bad as I thought, its worse!!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1999952)   #14
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Your record is scratched Chunder.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1999986)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I have no idea what is going on here...
Old 30 Aug 2007, 12:01 (Ref:1999991)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, everyone loves a winner!!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 12:19 (Ref:2000004)   #17
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Especially an Aussie winner!!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 12:45 (Ref:2000025)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I dont even need to write anything to prove the point! Anything disparaging anyway!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 13:36 (Ref:2000063)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'd be surprised if Stoner was beaten this weekend given the immense hgih speed section on the second half of the lap. Although it depends how Michelin have come along I suppose. Suffice to say, I shan't hold my breath on that count!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 13:39 (Ref:2000065)   #20
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive got a feeling we'll see alot of riders fall or teams having tyre throubles due to the bumpy surface.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 14:08 (Ref:2000096)   #21
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
This thread's title, "MotoGP San Marino - Racing at onanisM", is perverted because this is a familiar forum :

Or were you thinking about Rossi adjusting his overalls before racing?

When I saw the infamous word, I knew it was Hazza who put it
Old 30 Aug 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2000127)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
West has been confirmed at KAwasaki for 08, good decision in my view after De Puniet took his crashing to LCR! From crasher Mk1 to crasher Mk2, poor Lucio!!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 15:14 (Ref:2000134)   #23
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Well done Ant! Fair reward for an impressive rookie 1/2 season. (Disregarding 2001).
Old 30 Aug 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2000443)   #24
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
When I saw the infamous word, I knew it was Hazza who put it
Old 31 Aug 2007, 13:39 (Ref:2000862)   #25
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
All afternoon practice sessions cancelled due to heavy rain.
Stoner had a minor fall in P1 but came back to be 3rd fastest.
Milandri quickest with Rossi 2nd.
West also had a lowside but was quick early in the wet as was Chris V.
A supreme effort from Marco considering his recent neck and ankle injuries. He was pretty much quickest for all of P1.