Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
An Australia 1-2-8!

Jesus, i thought i was reading one of Pro Racers comments

I'm a bit dissapointed with West's performance. He had 3 people taken out infront of him, but was only 8th. Good performance from Checa on the LCR though, first Michelin rider home. Had the Repsol Honda's not tangled and Rossi been on the older engine maybe it wouldnt have looked so dominating for Bridgestone.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2001883)   #52
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I became semi-converted to motorbike racing just over a year ago based on the close racing, place changing and sheer excitement. My how things have changed this season - today and bar about 2-3 of the GPs this year the racing has been boring and tedious, they really can claim to be the F1 of the motorbike world! Beyond the opening 2 laps of a GP these days nothing seems to happen - Stoner is in a class of his own but even behind that places seem stagnant and I fell asleep after the opening 10 laps today, woke up on the last lap and saw nothing had changed! Look back at the superbike races there a couple of months ago and I remember excitement, overtaking and controversy - MOTO GP was none of that and something really needs to be done to restore the spectacle next year.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 15:23 (Ref:2001884)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep. Back to the 990's I think.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 16:06 (Ref:2001902)   #54
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me thinks ye douth protest too much.

I just see it as the natural cycle of any motorsport. Not every season can be a classic. We have a brand new category with brand new bikes and it takes time for a series to mature.
The first MotoGP season in 2002 was nothing to write home about. Rossi won the championship by 140+ points, Honda won everything and most races were predictable. It wasn't until Rossi went to Yamaha that MotoGP really came alive.
This year Ducati/Stoner/Bridgestone have got it perfect and have crushed the competition, but behind them is quite interesting. The (expected) big two of Honda and Yamaha have pretty much been leap frogged by Suzuki and neither has played catch up very well, either with their bike or tyre developement. Add to that the Japanese look like losing the premier class world championship to a European factory for the first time 30+ years and I think there will be some furious activity over the off season. The close racing will back before long.
Interestingly both the 250's and 125's have also been pretty bland compared to normal seasons.

No need to panic just yet!
Old 2 Sep 2007, 16:17 (Ref:2001908)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just have an ingrained hatred of the 800's. It's like F1 going from crazy V10's to restricted V8's. It is just wrong.

These are supposed to be bucking, writhing, crazy motorcycles. yet they look less interesting than WSBK machines this season.

I still love MotoGP, don't get me wrong. And the 800 era will get better as they all bed in. But it just isn't my cup of tea entirely.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 21:19 (Ref:2002082)   #56
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good God, and I though the last race was bad, that was an abomination of a race, I turned over just I started doing in F1 races a few years ago, I very nearly fell asleep.

And please dont think its coz Aussies are doing well, thats all just a wind up to you lot, you ahve to admit the racing is total hores manure at the moment and J is totally bang on to say he is being driven like many to WSBK, the control tyre rule was a stroke of genius by Flammini and the GP people are going to ahve to look at things coz I am a massive fan and am starting to not be bothered about the GOP race after 125 and 250.

Absolute rubbish. Even if Mcwilliams was winning
Old 3 Sep 2007, 01:16 (Ref:2002192)   #57
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
another great ride by casey - pity chris couldnt catch him though... love seeing the suzuki's up there.

missed the 125's & 250's ...
Old 3 Sep 2007, 02:37 (Ref:2002207)   #58
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's something you don't see everyday.
From the Rizla Suzuki press release after the race -

"Rizla Suzuki would also like to congratulate Casey Stoner on another unbelievable performance today. There has been a lot of nonsense spoken in MotoGP this year regarding tyre regulations, engine performance, etc. etc. I believe that the difference at the moment is Casey and we're focusing our best efforts to improve our own performance to beat him and that's what everybody should be doing at this time!"

Thumbs up to Rizla Suzuki for their comments.

Full Press Release Here
Old 3 Sep 2007, 03:41 (Ref:2002225)   #59
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Good God, and I though the last race was bad, that was an abomination of a race, I turned over just I started doing in F1 races a few years ago, I very nearly fell asleep.

And please dont think its coz Aussies are doing well, thats all just a wind up to you lot, you ahve to admit the racing is total hores manure at the moment and J is totally bang on to say he is being driven like many to WSBK, the control tyre rule was a stroke of genius by Flammini and the GP people are going to ahve to look at things coz I am a massive fan and am starting to not be bothered about the GOP race after 125 and 250.

Unfortunately i think this race was spoiled by both Hondas and de Puniet coming together and Rossi's engine seizing. They might not have raced with Stoner, but maybe the Suzuki's wouldve had more of a fight.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 05:18 (Ref:2002253)   #60
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder

here you go chunder - just for you mate

I dont really care much what the rossi fanboys or anyone else thinks- I find it exciting to watch a young rider and you know he will be great - how great only time will tell!

Find it boring - go watch another sport and let us who are enjoing it do so in peace for once!

Last edited by ozrevhead; 3 Sep 2007 at 05:20.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 06:33 (Ref:2002267)   #61
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only have to celebrate another Ducati (and Aprilia) win.
Well it seems more and more likely that all the 3 championships will be won by an Italian manufacturer, dunno if it happened before, but let me say that seeing some italian Davids dominate the japanese Goliaths is a great success indeed.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 06:39 (Ref:2002268)   #62
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead
here you go chunder - just for you mate

I dont really care much what the rossi fanboys or anyone else thinks- I find it exciting to watch a young rider and you know he will be great - how great only time will tell!

Find it boring - go watch another sport and let us who are enjoing it do so in peace for once!
Thats a bit harsh i think. Whilst i think the tyre situation isnt as bad as played out as the higher number of Bridgestone teams makes a Bridgestone weekend more damage to Rossi and a Michelin weekend not so bad for Stoner, and Rossi's typical rhythm of dropping back at the start, analysing to death the leaders for 20 laps then steal the lead from under their nose doesnt work anymore, its undeniable that the root of the racing is deteriorating with the electronics and the massive grip from the tyres.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 07:21 (Ref:2002286)   #63
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am glad that I enjoyed a great 4-wheel-machine race at a great motorcycle racetrack (did I just said that out loud ) and taped the race, so I could fast forward to the finish (when you fast forward the racing does become more interesting as the gap behind Stoner seems smaller).
Old 3 Sep 2007, 07:37 (Ref:2002298)   #64
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Thats a bit harsh i think. Whilst i think the tyre situation isnt as bad as played out as the higher number of Bridgestone teams makes a Bridgestone weekend more damage to Rossi and a Michelin weekend not so bad for Stoner, and Rossi's typical rhythm of dropping back at the start, analysing to death the leaders for 20 laps then steal the lead from under their nose doesnt work anymore, its undeniable that the root of the racing is deteriorating with the electronics and the massive grip from the tyres.
the tire/bike comments in general I have had to read show no respect to Casey whatsoever

And we have had to put up with chunders whining every time Aussie riders do well

I think im being kind thank you very much - trust me I could of said a hell of alot worse atmo

Last edited by ozrevhead; 3 Sep 2007 at 07:47.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 08:16 (Ref:2002318)   #65
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woooaahhh lets have a chill out now we? Chunder puts on the show for the audience just as I do to him. I'm sure he has the greatest respect for him, but you have to understand not everyone is enamored with Casey winning everything, skill or no skill.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 08:45 (Ref:2002341)   #66
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Woooaahhh lets have a chill out now we? Chunder puts on the show for the audience just as I do to him. I'm sure he has the greatest respect for him, but you have to understand not everyone is enamored with Casey winning everything, skill or no skill.
not about that Hazza

Its about giving a rider his dues rather than blaming/crediting the machinery
Old 3 Sep 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2002365)   #67
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, thanks Hazz, listen you whingeing Ozzies, you are winning every damn race and by a long streak, its boring to watch, its tedium of the highest order! And I have never mentioned anything about the bike winning, I am not stupid and you seem to think I know nothing about GP, Ive been watching since Digger was winning in the mid eighties so I have had to put up with your lot winning everything for a very long time!!
But the problem is, now it even looks boring, back then at least you could admire Mick or Daryl or Wayne spinning up or just admire their skill.

Now it wouldnt matter if it was Nicky, Vale or Casey, the racing has very suddenly become frighteningly dull, surely everyone must agree about that.

And I dont care what you say, Casey has a speed and tyre advantage, and yes he is making the very best of it, he would be winning races on Michelins in my view, but it doesnt detract form the fact that the show right now is just as boring as F1, and that worries me quite a bit. If you had any sense you would be worried too but are too Yanked up by your lot on the podium every week to care, thats what I mean about bad winners and bad losers!!

I was very impressed by Vermin I have to say, since Laguna he seems to have upped his game. And also despite *****ing about him for years West deserves his ride, just hope his mouth doesnt lose him a seat as it has done before.
There, happy now!!
Old 3 Sep 2007, 10:05 (Ref:2002422)   #68
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
chunder, your causing a stir - now how about saying something nice about anthony gobert too
Old 3 Sep 2007, 10:26 (Ref:2002439)   #69
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
I believe it is everyone's right regardless of race, creed or colour, to be wrong.

Keep fishing Chunder.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 11:55 (Ref:2002508)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

chunder isn't exactly way out with his comments here. Frogetting the perceived dislike of Aussies here (which I doubt is entirely the case) this season has been criminally dull has it not? Not just when Casey was winning.....look at Jerez, Germany etc... hardly thrillers.

I suppose we were spoiled the past three years where nearly every race was a seat of the pants experience. But I don't recall the last time I gave priority to a BTCC meeting over MotoGP....

Caesey doesn't really push my buttons I must admit, but he is doing a terrific job. No question. This is no fluke, even if he ahs a monstrous machinery/tyre advantage.

I'm sure next year will be better. Well, you'd hope so really.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 14:39 (Ref:2002673)   #71
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nice to see rossi whining about tyres rules. He was all for the rules at the start of the season, but it hasnt gone his way so he cries. The tryes rules are fair, even playing ground. It was unfair for michelin to bring in tyres late to the race. michelin has had the advantage in past years, soon as bridgestone get it then cry babies like rossi complaining. Rossi has no class.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2002790)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rossi also stated Stoner and the Ducati guys were doing a terrific job.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 17:05 (Ref:2002820)   #73
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Dorna will be discussing the tyre rules with Bridgestone, Michelin and Dunlop soon anyway as they too feel the spectacle is becoming lost. It'll be interesting to see what happens, from the riders and teams side its really only Rossi voicing concerns against the rules, and Stoner saying its equal for all. You'd expect that though, considering theyre the ones fighting for the championship.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2002876)   #74
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Herve Poncharal: "I would like to apologise to all the fans that turned up as, after the incident on the first lap and with Valentino retiring so early in the race, it wasn't much of a spectacle when so much was expected of this race on its return to Misano"

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~153939.htm

I appreciate the sympathy, but it doesn't help any!

Regarding the so called Stoner hating, I think just about everyone has given him respect including most of us here. Equipment advantage or not, he still has to ride the bike, and he is obviously riding it darn well. He will be champ and nothing will take that away. But I refuse to let someone tell me that I'm Stoner hating when I'm clearly just frustrated with the quality of the racing. Thanks.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 18:42 (Ref:2002891)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
"Rossi has no class"

Oh for goodness sake

Witness his attitude to Hayden immediately after losing the title last year, and his pretty much constant attitude to race winners, he even said today that his problems are the team problems and they will work through them..
You can see his point on tyres, He has lost a huge advantage he had over the years but the same can be said of evey Michelin rider really.

I like seing him get beat but I dont like seeing looking like just another rider as everyone on this forum knows he isnt!