Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 May 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3825556)   #1
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Alfa Challenge

Some of you may have seen that Julius Thorogood / HRDC are running a one-off Alfa Challenge race at Donington in October, aiming to bring together cars from the 50s, 60s and 70s, with the aim of building support for a full series in 2019.

As the Alfa Romeo Owners Club director with responsibility for Motorsport I'm obviously happy to see this - we had a go at doing something similar a few years ago, and ran one very successful event at Mallory, but couldn't get enough support for the full series we ran the next year....tho I think there are more cars about now than a few years back.

Although entry forms for the race are available I haven't seen any regs yet, and I'm not sure how Julius's aim to run a class structure to suit everyone will work - competitors currently running with HSCC, CTCRC, CSCC, HRDC etc all run to different technical regs, of course.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the inaugural event - our 75 is too young so we can't take part, but if anyone has (say) an old Sud or Alfetta GTV racer lying around doing nothing I'd be happy to blow the cobwebs off for you
Old 30 May 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3825639)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've got an Alfa challenge . . . .the clutch slave cylinders failed on the wifes Giullieta!
Old 30 May 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3825655)   #3
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 May 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3825706)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've got an Alfa challenge . . . .the clutch slave cylinders failed on the wifes Giullieta!

I'm sorry, unless its a 60's model Giulietta, that isn't relevant

<Sympathetic mode> B****r ! what model? Is one of the stupid concentric cylinders so inside the bellhousing?One of the motor industry's dafter ideas......
Old 7 Jun 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3827322)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Of course it is . . . so we investigated a new clutch (75k) while we're at it only to find out its also got an even more stupid dual mass flywheel. Kerrching!

Nobody makes simple reliable cars it seems. Even Subaru have stopped doing it looking at the new stuff . . . . my Legacy is nearing retirement at the age of 14 and 160k on the clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'm sorry, unless its a 60's model Giulietta, that isn't relevant

<Sympathetic mode> B****r ! what model? Is one of the stupid concentric cylinders so inside the bellhousing?One of the motor industry's dafter ideas......