Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 Sep 2003, 07:23 (Ref:720348)   #1
dannyw
Rookie

dannyw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
500cc F.3 info requested

I'm looking for photos and dimensions for some F.3 cars from the late 40's and early 50s. Specifically, the Kondor-BMW, Monopoletta and Scampola marques. Am working on a series of 1/24 scale models to complement the old Merit Cooper IX. Also have questions about the Emeryson 500 cc cars, seems to be several different body styles. Any help would be appreciated. Dan Wilson
Old 16 Sep 2003, 18:53 (Ref:721076)   #2
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DanDan,
My brother races a Cooper Mk8, runs the 500 Owners Association website (www.500race.org), and is trying to build up a history of constructors. Look for "Neil Hodges", and tell him his brother sent you (or if you can't pick up his email, PM me).
I'm sure you're aware that there are an incredible number of one-offs, specials or just plain weird. I've never come across Kondor, Monopoletta or Scampola, but Marek Reichman runs an Emeryson (front-engined, polished aluminium body, looks like a Mercedes or Auto Union) here in the UK. I'm sure Neil can turn up some photo's, and probably a bit more.
I can't promise results from my brother, but he may be of help (and would be keen to get his hands on any information you get). He also has contacts with the Scandinavian 500s (where the series was very successful).
Do mention that you are doing models. He could put word around and you might get some orders.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 19:23 (Ref:721100)   #3
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, this might do better in the Historics forum