Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 May 2009, 08:15 (Ref:2468610)   #26
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
AA reported that Mr Seferis had a major crash in testing a couple of weeks back too, his ex-GMS VT COmmodore destroyed in the incident. Driver was reported to be ok, but the car wont race again!
It was 4 weeks ago at Phillip Island Friday practice prior to Vic State round. Tyre let go on main straight and he bounced off both sides of the track at about 250kmh . Car looked like it was finished but he apparently has commented it would be fixed .
He was at Sandown yesterday to witness this BIG accident - don't think it made him feel any better!
Old 25 May 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2468641)   #27
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
how do i save the video to my computer?

Enter the link here
http://keepvid.com/
Old 25 May 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2468656)   #28
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC View Post
Possibly they do but many years ago when working as an official turning up at the gate wanting to get in,being refused becos i didnt have a ticket or hadnt signed on which was not possible UNLESS you got in to sign on in the garages. Amazing what happens when you just drive thru.
Did this happen Saturday or previously?
That problem was well and truly bought to the attention of those that matter and can solve the problem.It is even less funny when you show up with a race car behind the car and get asked what you are doing there!
The gate officials are employed by the landlord and are given instructions to work with- albeit without much application of common sense.
Old 25 May 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2468691)   #29
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
AA reported that Mr Seferis had a major crash in testing a couple of weeks back too, his ex-GMS VT COmmodore destroyed in the incident. Driver was reported to be ok, but the car wont race again!
Is this chassis the one run briefly by Eddie Abelnica and Kim Jane?
Old 25 May 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2468743)   #30
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Silver 3;2468502]
BTW--I was victim of over zealous official at the weekend and it did take some time for him to work out why he was wrong!!!

QUOTE]

You must be driving in a very special class then.
Old 25 May 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2469087)   #31
ragracer
Rookie

Australia
Pakenham, Victoria
ragracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
It was 4 weeks ago at Phillip Island Friday practice prior to Vic State round. Tyre let go on main straight and he bounced off both sides of the track at about 250kmh . Car looked like it was finished but he apparently has commented it would be fixed .
He was at Sandown yesterday to witness this BIG accident - don't think it made him feel any better!
Milton's car is already fixed and ready to go. He was planning on running it on the weekend but he was feeling a little sore still and opted not to. Lucky for him, there's a good chance he would have been right in the middle of that mess..
Old 25 May 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2469126)   #32
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
[QUOTE=pitlane 3;2468743]
Quote:
BTW--I was victim of over zealous official at the weekend and it did take some time for him to work out why he was wrong!!!

QUOTE]

You must be driving in a very special class then.
That is the fact of the matter. Very specific arrangements were in place that were different to every other class.That should have been known and could easily have been observed by the aforementioned official.
The point I was making above that a personally felt piece of bad officiating does not make it a bad meeting.
The other point that I will make-it was reported that this official was abused and supposedly witnessed by another official. This was palpably untrue-- not only did a substantial number of spectators hear exactly what I was saying-- we have it on tape exactly what was said.
In particular-- the said official can be heard talking over and interrupting every time the driver tried to tell him what was going on( official clearly did not understand) and if being told to" ask someone who does know" is abuse then that is not how most people would interpret the words.All this is being shouted from inside a full face helmet with race engine running.
Apologies for thread hijack.
Old 25 May 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2469129)   #33
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragracer View Post
Milton's car is already fixed and ready to go. He was planning on running it on the weekend but he was feeling a little sore still and opted not to. Lucky for him, there's a good chance he would have been right in the middle of that mess..
That is a great effort- that car did not look well!
I did not get a chance to speak to him but I did see him surveying the damaged cars and he did have that gratefull look on his face!
Old 25 May 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2469136)   #34
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
This is why tube frame racecars are better for racing on a lower budget(Not saying the bidgets are lower, just less than they would be if it was a 'shell' based car.). Don't really need a whole new shell, just some fibreglass panels.
Old 26 May 2009, 01:56 (Ref:2469190)   #35
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Does anyone know the name/contact details for the photographer who was selling photos on Sunday that were taken the day before?
Thx
Old 26 May 2009, 02:18 (Ref:2469196)   #36
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you are talking about the trailer that was parked near the food stands between pit lane and the grandstand then look at this link;

http://www.sdpics.com
Old 26 May 2009, 05:30 (Ref:2469217)   #37
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes same car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
Is this chassis the one run briefly by Eddie Abelnica and Kim Jane?
Old 26 May 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2469228)   #38
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
we have it on tape exactly what was said.
In particular-- the said official can be heard talking over and interrupting every time the driver tried to tell him what was going on( official clearly did not understand) and if being told to" ask someone who does know" is abuse then that is not how most people would interpret the words.All this is being shouted from inside a full face helmet with race engine running.
Apologies for thread hijack.
It makes you wonder what some people are really up to when they start recording all conversatons with officials.

Is this what the sport has come to - 'Quick - make sure the tape is on just in case he says something to me that I can use against them or use to sue them later...'

At this level of motorsport does the sport need people like this in it?
Old 26 May 2009, 06:38 (Ref:2469235)   #39
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
It makes you wonder what some people are really up to when they start recording all conversatons with officials.

Is this what the sport has come to - 'Quick - make sure the tape is on just in case he says something to me that I can use against them or use to sue them later...'

At this level of motorsport does the sport need people like this in it?
Part of video system-for another purpose.
Old 26 May 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2469236)   #40
aussiefveeracer
Rookie

Australia
aussiefveeracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post

If the race engine was going as stated, I wouldn't be surprised if the recording was from the in-car camera. So I don't think anyone would be going out of the way to record officials.....

Edit: as confirmed above
Old 26 May 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2469263)   #41
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, I'm thinking it was more like the roof-mounted taxi camera pointed at the person who hails the cab on the pavement! With a rectangular light to illuminate the offical too - for night races!

Ah, but seriously, back OT. Looking at those pictures, and the vid of the crash, its like seeing bags of invisible money just thrown onto the track - so much car damage. Its not like these guys have the bidgets of the V8 teams, or BTCC or DTM where crashing and wasting money is mandated as part of the sport.
Old 27 May 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2469932)   #42
safety1
Rookie

Australia
Australia
safety1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
From the start as a slide show...[ large file ]

Hey,
I was doing safety at this event and was on the scene just after the crash. And as i was working could not get any pics. Was wondering if you could please email what pics you have. It would be great to keep.
Email: lilmustangprincess@gmail.com
Old 27 May 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2470239)   #43
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The story from In Pit Lane Tuesday night is now on the In Pit Lane podcast which is on iTunes.
It includes the full length interview with Terry Wyhoon plus vision from the Sports Sedan feature race F Ford, Sportscars and Imp Production.
Old 28 May 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2470632)   #44
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Any views,facts,opinions on what caused this crash?
Old 28 May 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2471293)   #45
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any views,facts,opinions on what caused this crash?
The Corvette does change lanes (move across) on Wyhoon, that's if you use the centre line on the track as the reference point.
Old 29 May 2009, 00:18 (Ref:2471298)   #46
speedracer04
Rookie

speedracer04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wyhoons swerve to the left was fairly aggressive
Old 29 May 2009, 00:40 (Ref:2471305)   #47
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer04 View Post
...as a result of being "squeezed" by the Corvette?????

Are the Stewards looking into this?

Was the "start" in accordance with the NCR's, RMSR's?
Old 29 May 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2471343)   #48
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer04 View Post
Given that he is trying to get 700 HP to the ground on cold tyres the chances are that any sideways movement was involuntary.
The only other category on slicks in the Vic State series has elected to use some of their race time on what effectively is another warm up lap to try and prevent(minimise) first lap incidents.
The other problem is that the safety car is now leading cars around to the start-and far to slowly to get heat in the tyres..
Old 29 May 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2471387)   #49
bstrat
Rookie

Australia
Belgrave
bstrat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am fairly certain the F5000s do rolling starts now days. Is that what it should come down to?
Old 29 May 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2471404)   #50
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Pit Lane you gave me a contact for AVE a few weeks back for a TV producer colleague at FM Television in the UK - they have since secured the footage from AVE but would be keen on a contact for Ross Hossack - as you thought he had other footage - would that be still possible.

Cheers

Steve