Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, I feel bad now.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3160891)   #27
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
but we aussies are betterer then you brits :P
Old 1 Nov 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3160930)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See, thats not really a proper argument is it now!

Let's have some why did Ant West get found out using drugs posts instead? I reckon he just got unlucky with some energy bar or something.

But you do have form dont you? Gobert?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3160975)   #29
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Badarse Australians do have form, 1st Gobert, now West - next Doohan...

What drug was it - ice? Why did he take it - surely that piece of poo he was riding pushed him over the edge... What excuse has he come out with - spiked drink?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3160982)   #30
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think it's that there's a large number of us that pop out from under rocks when an aussie wins, it's also that when they add to the regular aussies here, there isn't really a cacophony of other nationalities to drown us out. Just chunder, filth, jhansen and about two others that I'm forgetting.

You should pop into the aussie touring car section on this site sometime chunder, you'd like it in there. Think of it as "Ant West wins. Every weekend".
Old 1 Nov 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3161026)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good God no, I can beat chests with the best of them but that series is so up its own, its nearly as bad as NASCAR! Best race all year was when they let a load of ringers in, watching the regulars poo themselves was as much fun as 5 years of normal V8's!

But lets not talk about Ambrose eh, nearly as good as Dick Johnson was. wins on the road coarses but nowhere else, just like Montoya!!

Brits just dont shout as much, we have had dominant riders and champions like Cal, Foggy, Toseland, Tim Reeves, Steve Webster, Hodgson. But its simple, a guy from Oz comes to Europe these days coz their series is pish, they come with fire, belief and determination. And you cant fault them at all. I have a lot of time for the likes of Bayliss, Gardner, Richards, Muggas, West and Mladin for that matter for being able to dominate. Aussie sports top men are simply better at a lot of things. But we dont need it shouting from the rooftops!

Not sure who won what when our cars ran at Bathurst either? I know you lot loved the 2 liter cars so much!

But my fave was Johnson using hate to beat the Eggenberger Cosworths in the 80's!! Then he bought the car to Silverstone, led by miles and retired lol! love Johnson, total legend

For some reason though Kiwi's seem more palatable, I much prefer a Crafar or Slight for some reason?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3161049)   #32
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
See, thats not really a proper argument is it now!

Let's have some why did Ant West get found out using drugs posts instead? I reckon he just got unlucky with some energy bar or something.

But you do have form dont you? Gobert?
nah it was a joke, (or was it?......)

drugs maybe cause he took something he shouldnt have, officals will deal with it, if he gets penalised, he ges penalised, why isn't krutchlow doing any good? he did good at his home race ill give him that but hes got the same bike as dovisioso...
Old 1 Nov 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3161056)   #33
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Good God no, I can beat chests with the best of them but that series is so up its own, its nearly as bad as NASCAR! Best race all year was when they let a load of ringers in, watching the regulars poo themselves was as much fun as 5 years of normal V8's!

But lets not talk about Ambrose eh, nearly as good as Dick Johnson was. wins on the road coarses but nowhere else, just like Montoya!!

Brits just dont shout as much, we have had dominant riders and champions like Cal, Foggy, Toseland, Tim Reeves, Steve Webster, Hodgson. But its simple, a guy from Oz comes to Europe these days coz their series is pish, they come with fire, belief and determination. And you cant fault them at all. I have a lot of time for the likes of Bayliss, Gardner, Richards, Muggas, West and Mladin for that matter for being able to dominate. Aussie sports top men are simply better at a lot of things. But we dont need it shouting from the rooftops!

Not sure who won what when our cars ran at Bathurst either? I know you lot loved the 2 liter cars so much!

But my fave was Johnson using hate to beat the Eggenberger Cosworths in the 80's!! Then he bought the car to Silverstone, led by miles and retired lol! love Johnson, total legend

For some reason though Kiwi's seem more palatable, I much prefer a Crafar or Slight for some reason?
to be fair to your NASCAR comment , the drivers coming into that series do not have anywhere near the exp or the best cars/teams/strategys and all that, road courses are the best test of a drivers ability. whereas the ovals racings are mostly about HP.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3161072)   #34
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
LOL, fortunately I saw the races yesterday, so I saved myself of this little scrap about riders, nations and so on ;-)

I'm with jhansen, to me motor racing is about riders and drivers, perhaps even about cars, not about flags. I would not matter if they dropped the flags and anthems after races. Anyway, I am not disgusted by it, I think it's only fans who overdo it, not competitors themselves; but I don't watch fans, I watch races, so it doesn't worry me too much LOL.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3161120)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Fas, I think Cal has done a lot better than Dovi in recent rfaces, two podiums, regular front rows.

I dont think he is world class at all, but he is certainly doing pretty well and I wouldnt say he has been pasted by Dovi, far from it, not in the same way Toseland was mullered by his team mates at TEch3

As for NASCAR, oval races are about experience and setup, a guy like Marcus or Juan are more than quick enough to win there, but havent maybe got the setup knowledge and experience gained from years as kids on ovals to know where to put the feedback, they can do it on a road coarse, better than the regulars, but the regulars are seemingly much better at it on ovals!

Anyway, next year we have an all Brit team Bradders and Cal!! And Danny Kent in Moto2, how cool, and all for a French team! Must be something going on there surely??
Old 1 Nov 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3161129)   #36
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
There is a reason they are named "regulars", they are not good or exciting, they are just regular. ;-p
Old 13 Nov 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3165843)   #37
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what was really bad about Pedrosa'a "crash". It's that a wussy little slide coming out of Honda on lap 2 is what ended his championship challenge. Not some spectacular highside through Doohan in a desperate attempt to chase/fend off a win. No, just a little girly slide. That'd annoy me more than finishing off my title hopes.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3165848)   #38
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

BTW, when Mick crashed heavily in Jerez he behaved like a girl. He had a sort of panic attack when he was being attended by paramedics on track.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3165855)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Which crash are you talking about? He did crash in 1990 and he wasnt behaving like a girl at all, he was extremely annoyed because they wouldnt let him get up, I think he trapped his leg between the chain and something and they were faffing about and literally wouldnt let him get up and sort it out. The other crashes were I think in 1996 and the one that ended his career in 1999 when he out like a light and really hurt himself.

Mick saved his huffs and puffs for backmarkers, endless head shaking and glaring, he shares this talent with Lawson, Digger and Stoner actually, who were all equally disparaging about the slower guys, rightly or wrongly.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3165888)   #40
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Of course I am talking about 1999 final crash (c8
Old 13 Nov 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3165917)   #41
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well then I reckon you might b being a little harsh, the man broke just about every bone you could think of, so I think is entitled to be a little hissy with people who didnt treat him well in the past!