Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3370516)   #1
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WRC 4

A career with WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 and Junior WRC which has you climbing up the ranks. I don't know about online, but it SOUNDS good!
Old 22 Feb 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3371084)   #2
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's quite good. Big step forward from WRC3 visually but similar in gameplay.

The WRC games are never going to the the most thrilling but they're good for enthusiasts. I enjoyed WRC3 when I got into it.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3374054)   #3
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what the most realistic game when it comes to rally is?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3374361)   #4
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apri View Post
Richard Burns Rally. Nothing else comes within a country mile. Certainly not WRC 4!
Old 30 Apr 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3400044)   #5
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apri View Post
Yes, as mentioned above Richard Burns Rally, it is an old game and so can't quite compete graphically with more recent titles but it's physics are still the best bar none. It's more of a simulation than anything else out there and might take a fair bit of practice and schooling before you start to enjoy its massive potential to the full...

Once mastered be sure to also download and install the awesome RSRBR2014 mod, with hundreds of new cars, tools and new stages it takes RBR to a whole new level.

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic....0&f=38#p181480
Old 26 Jan 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3497687)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bought this cheap recently

What a total CON! THe stages are EXACTLY the same as WRC3, just with changes in scenery, so much so I could actually remember what was coming from the previous game!

Surely Milestone should be being looked at by the fraud squad, as if I had paid anything like full money for this I would be demanding answers.

40 quid or so should cover a full game, not a patch! WHat a farce
Old 30 Jan 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3499197)   #7
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unpopular view, but I still think the original WRC was by far the best.

I mean it kinda sucked. The difficulty level was all over the place, one brush with a rock and you were stuffed, and it had this slow, heavy steering. But it was more of a driving challenge, you had to really concentrate and there were no rewinds back then.

Then along came WRC2 and the cars were suddenly these twitchy, skittery supermarket trolleys that took off at the hint of a bump and were impossible to control. The series could go either way after the first one. It bombed a bit.

WRC3 and 4 were a bit better I guess. But the second one was shocking.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3502879)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WRC 1 was a very ambitious game indeed. It didn't live up to the hype, but it was made with a love for the sport and with a focus. If only it had the fun and rewarding handling of the Colin McRae games!

Too many games don't have that focus to them now. The prime example being those god awful Grid games.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3505911)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually bought RBR for Xbox a few months ago. It's bloody difficult. Definitely on a par with GPL in terms of learning curve, which is mind boggling for a previous-previous generation console game (Yes, it's a PC port, but still.)

Talking of GRID, I booted up my old PS2 to play some old games. Decided to directly compare GRID Autosport with ToCA Race Driver 3. TRD3 still has that floaty feel, but with pro-sim handling on, it's still miles ahead of GRID Autosport in terms of all round feel, especially with bumps, kerbs, track accuracy (GRID Autosport's non-F1 ported track models are particularly awful renditions of the real world) and depth of field.

I have WRC4. It's fun enough for a while, but the stage design totally ruins the whole thing for me, with the exception of Sweden. The rest of the rallies are just flat out poor.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3506237)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought I woould try and play this online, as the previous version was pretty good online

Never seen such a misguided pile of tripe in my entire gaming life.

I was disconnected twice from servers while in the game OK, and I lost 1800 points!!!!

To put that into perspective, I won a rally and won 100 points.

So for no fault of your own you are disconnected from the servers that are so flaky, and you, the player get staggeringly penalised as a result which means you cannot access certain servers or rooms.

Do you think these people who write this sort of stuff have ever actually played online racing game? If they made the servers a bit better there would not be disconnections.

It ruins the game, makes doing any good basically about having a good internet connection and totally ruins any chance those of us who might want to progress totally impossible.

Honestly, you do wonder if these people in thier lovely little studios get out at all!