Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Mar 2001, 04:43 (Ref:75380)   #1
meatballeyes
Rookie

meatballeyes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

... i know there is a lot of gloom and doom talk about the current state of lmp 900 in the alms (all of it well founded), but it is encouraging to know that cadillac is coming back.

apparently, they have made a lot of revisions to their 2000 car (courtesy of nigel stroud), and still plan on unveiling an all new car for next year, according to tms.

http://www.totalmotorsport.com

by the time the petit le mans rolls around, i think that the level of manufacturer involvement in the alms will finally start an upward swing.

i am hopeful that both cadillac and chrysler (financial problems notwithstanding?) will run full seasons next year.

the revised caddy is not visually dissimilar to the 2000 model. many of the changes are under the skin. however, the evoq grille is absent, and the large, side mounted naca ducts have been replaced with revised side intakes. also, some of the air now enters inboard of the front wheel wells, and exits behind the front wheel wells.

the exterior differences hint at the substantial revisions within.

check http://www.mulsannescorner.com for continuing reports on the revised cadillac.

(new caddy is on the left, old caddy is on the right)
Attached Thumbnails
cadillac comparo.jpg  
Old 30 Mar 2001, 04:50 (Ref:75381)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question, will this be an official factory team in addition any DAMS team running, or is DAMS merely receiving these new cars?

Either way, good to see them back. I love to knock GM, and Caddy has given me plenty of ammo with their poor performance and lack of committment to the series(yet their marketing gimmicks indicating the opposite) but I love to see them in the field. Can't wait to see who's in the driver lineup, seeing a lot of the old group of have found other rides. Hopefully, GM will realize that to get the full potential out of sportscar(or any racing) you have to commit to the whole series, and can't just quit when things don't go your way,
Old 30 Mar 2001, 05:33 (Ref:75385)   #3
TheShadow
Rookie

TheShadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DAMS for LeMans

A two car team will race at the 24 Hours under the direction of Mr. Driot.

Team Cadillac will take over the cars for most if not all the remaining ALMS events.

Next year should see two DAMS cars for Europe, two Team Cadillac LMP's for N.America and all four at LeMans.

I hope they will sell/give the revised 2000 cars to a private team once the 2002 model comes on line.

The Cadillac effort may yet surprise everyone.

The Shadow
Old 30 Mar 2001, 23:37 (Ref:75593)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Its good to see that despite last years dismal performances thay Cadillac are coming back and hopefully they will be much stronger this year.
Attached Images