Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Feb 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3201645)   #251
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I say it's a DP....
Old 9 Feb 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3201678)   #252
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I say it's a DP....
If it were a DP, I'd want it in what the series thinks 2014 spec would be as a part of the P2 category.

I wouldn't mind seeing a class of DP, particularly after Sebring when we have zero P2.

Chris
Old 9 Feb 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3201730)   #253
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
If it were a DP, I'd want it in what the series thinks 2014 spec would be as a part of the P2 category.

I wouldn't mind seeing a class of DP, particularly after Sebring when we have zero P2.

Chris
With Sebring right in the middle between the GA races at COTA and Barber time might be a problem, depending on how series the planned modifications are. At least if the car were a regular season GA entrant. OTOH, a team like Spirit of Daytona that has two chassis might be an option.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3201735)   #254
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I say it's a DP....
Doubt it. I don't think NASCAR wants their pride and joy to finish 50 laps down.

That would be embarrassing.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3201749)   #255
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
No way it's Toyota, if that would even be a remote possibility we would have heard something by now.

It's probably something rather boring such as another GTC car.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3201836)   #256
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
No way it's Toyota, if that would even be a remote possibility we would have heard something by now.

It's probably something rather boring such as another GTC car.
But Dagys clear said in his article that the entrant will also be doing the post-race test (with Audi and someone else I can't recall). It's got to be a major team from somewhere.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3201839)   #257
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like others, my first thought was a DP team. Doing the post-race test at Sebring would make sense in the context of figuring out how to achieve the performance levels they are targeting for 2014.

And like others, I hope for Toyota. I don't see it, but if you think we'd have heard by now, I want to say we didn't hear about Toyota doing two full-time cars in the WEC until they announced it. Maybe they're good at not leaking information?

I would definitely assume that it is either an entry for Le Mans or for "The Future," as those two kinds of entries would make the most sense to do the test.

What if the surprise is a C7.R running unclassified? Is that even remotely possible? Just throwing crap out there, as ever.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3201858)   #258
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
What if the surprise is a C7.R running unclassified?
That would be fun, but I would really like to see the Porsche 918 or the Hybrid.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3201863)   #259
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise early debut for the Manthey 991 RSR? * wishful thinking*
Old 9 Feb 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3201877)   #260
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Old 9 Feb 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3201943)   #261
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Doubt it. I don't think NASCAR wants their pride and joy to finish 50 laps down.

That would be embarrassing.
I don't think, assuming the car is in 2012 spec, GA would be embarrassed with its pace. Everyone and their mother know the differences between LMP and DP. Furthermore, ALMS cars have had a spotty reliability record lately and compared to the bulletproof tanks in DP, the GA team may finish well up the order.

Chris
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3202052)   #262
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Much more likely than Toyota imo.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3202063)   #263
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Deltawing coupƩ perhaps?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3202065)   #264
gregtummer
Veteran

Maybe Total decided to pony up the $$$ for Toyota to run Sebring.

I'm just saying stuff that I want to happen at this point.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3202066)   #265
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
But Dagys clear said in his article that the entrant will also be doing the post-race test (with Audi and someone else I can't recall). It's got to be a major team from somewhere.
That'll be Aston Martin.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3202083)   #266
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's definitely not the Deltawing Coupe, Panoz specifically said that the convertible will be raced (for the last time) at Sebring and the coupe will debut at Laguna Seca.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3202094)   #267
Coach Ep
Veteran

That's why it would be a surprise wouldn't it...?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3202095)   #268
gregtummer
Veteran

I'm completely guessing:

Starworks in a P2?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3202096)   #269
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'd like to see that too but Im not too realistic about those chances
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3202097)   #270
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Here is what Dagys wrote:

Quote:
A number of teams are expected to be at Sebring on Feb. 21 for an additional, non-series sanctioned test, including a surprise entrant that looks set to confirm its participation in the ALMS season-opener.
I'm getting a distinct WEC car vibe off that.

A U.S.-based WEC team doing Sebring wouldn't really qualify as a surprise. Hard to imagine GTE-Am teams coming to the US to test. That leaves the remaining two P1 teams (Toyota -- but they don't test in the U.S, Strakka), a European-based P2 team (besides Greaves obviously), or a GTE-Pro team.

Of the three WEC GTE-Pro teams, Aston Martin Racing is already coming. AF Corse would be kind of redundant. Which leaves Manthey with a 991 RSR.

Manthey may not be the answer, but it seems the most logical guess based upon the limited information available.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3202100)   #271
gregtummer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Here is what Dagys wrote:

I'm getting a distinct WEC car vibe off that.

A U.S.-based WEC team doing Sebring wouldn't really qualify as a surprise. Hard to imagine GTE-Am teams coming to the US to test. That leaves the remaining two P1 teams (Toyota -- but they don't test in the U.S, Strakka), a European-based P2 team (besides Greaves obviously), or a GTE-Pro team.

Of the three WEC GTE-Pro teams, Aston Martin Racing is already coming. AF Corse would be kind of redundant. Which leaves Manthey with a 991 RSR.

Manthey may not be the answer, but it seems the most logical guess based upon the limited information available.
I know they are US based, but what about Starworks?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3202103)   #272
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I know they are US based, but what about Starworks?
It might just be me, but I'd find it difficult to call them "a surprise entrant" in the context of Dagys' article.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3202133)   #273
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
He didn't. There was only a mention of another test in February.
Old 10 Feb 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3202206)   #274
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe 8Star's P2, since it appears to be sitting idle otherwise? They'll be there for Lites already...
Old 10 Feb 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3202409)   #275
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Maybe 8Star's P2, since it appears to be sitting idle otherwise? They'll be there for Lites already...
I was hoping that car will be brought out sometime this season, although I understand the team is quite busy with wec and ga.