Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2004, 11:22 (Ref:1081395)   #101
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Alesi the unluckiest driver ever? I know this is a thread on one hit wonders, but there are drivers who NEVER won a GP who were more unlucky - Chris Amon anyone? "

Absolutely krt917...

Cheers
Peter
Old 30 Aug 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1081401)   #102
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Fisichella has a chance to get moved off the list with his drive at Renault next year...
Old 30 Aug 2004, 12:42 (Ref:1081492)   #103
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At a guess, Alonso will be removed from the list before Fisichella, and Button will be the next to join it, although I expect multiple wins for both he and Webber next year.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1244770)   #104
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS
I think Fisichella has a chance to get moved off the list with his drive at Renault next year...
Quite right! Didn't take many races into his Renault drive to get removed.

Surely Alonso will also get removed soon as well??????????
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1244785)   #105
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done to Fisichella for moving past this list (before Alonso, contrary to what I expected). Alonso should be gone from the list soon though, but Webber and Button might both now be lucky to simply get onto it, and in no position to think about moving back off it.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1244884)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS
30 Aug 2004 I think Fisichella has a chance to get moved off the list with his drive at Renault next year...
Can you tell me which horse will win the grand national please? PM me and I'll place the bet.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 6 Mar 2005 at 20:23.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1244890)   #107
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I could have told you that too Peter
Old 7 Mar 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1245533)   #108
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, well done to Fisi for removing himself from this list. Slightly ironic that for a guy who has had such bad luck or, more accurately, such rubbish cars during his career, he should get off the list with probably one of the easiest F1 wins of recent times!

It looks like Fisi will get some more this season and Alonso's position on the 'one-hit wonder' list looks more temporary than ever!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1256582)   #109
esorniloc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt917
Alonso's position on the 'one-hit wonder' list looks more temporary than ever!
Well he can now be removed!

This list is thinning out each race and Trulli could get removed soon if Toyota keeps on as it is.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1257145)   #110
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I think Trulli is the only current driver with just one win - Alonso, Fisichella and Montoya now all have two (since this thread was originally started). Great drive from Alonso, and I'm sure he'll clock up lots more wins this season.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1257970)   #111
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
This list is thinning out each race and Trulli could get removed soon if Toyota keeps on as it is.
That's true - impressive pace from Toyota this time out. Actually, it occurred to me during the race that if Alonso had retired, we would still be removing another 'one hit wonder' from the list!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1257972)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
.................Montoya now all have two (since this thread was originally started).
Does anybody else find thar surprising? Only two?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1257982)   #113
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Does anybody else find thar surprising? Only two?
I do. He has 4 at last count: Italy '01; Monaco/ Germany '03 and Brazil last year.

Maybe Boots meant he had more than 1?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1258025)   #114
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he meant Raikkonen, he has 2 wins and scored them both since this thread (perhaps the longest-running in 10tenths history?) began. JPM has certainly won more than 2 races despite occasional bad luck (if anything it was nice to see him take a strong result without seemingly doing anything above mediocre yesterday; all too often he does the opposite).
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1258226)   #115
esorniloc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt917
That's true - impressive pace from Toyota this time out. Actually, it occurred to me during the race that if Alonso had retired, we would still be removing another 'one hit wonder' from the list!
I was thinking that if the top two retired we would be adding another to the list...............

Who is the most likely candidate to be added next?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1258247)   #116
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Webber or Hiedfeld IMO.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1258251)   #117
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The race Panis won in rainy Montecarlo is worth a lot more than races won with the most competitive car in sunny conditions on tracks where overtaking is easier....

People should consider these things. Would it be easier for Christian Albers to score ONE SINGLE POINT in a FULL SEASON on a Minardi or is it easier for Christian Albers to score a podium on A SINGLE RACE driving a Renault...

The second place of Ayrton Senna in 1984 in Montecarlo was worth a lot more than many of the easier victories he had on a McLaren Honda.

To win in Montecarlo in the rain driving a Ligier is more difficult than to win 14 races on wide tracks under sunny skies on a Adran Newey designed Williams-Renault...

Last edited by karimbo; 21 Mar 2005 at 19:46.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1258263)   #118
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
The race Panis won in rainy Montecarlo is worth a lot more than races won with the most competitive car in sunny conditions on tracks where overtaking is easier....

It may be harder, but it's still only WORTH 10 points
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1258267)   #119
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but Panis was very very lucky due to all the retirements from the front runners. I doubt he had the pace to even make the points without all the retirments IMO.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1258269)   #120
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I disagree.

Panis passed a lot of people that day.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1258283)   #121
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a good race from Panis...he still beat DC in a McLaren!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1258349)   #122
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
DC's car was set up for the wet though, Panis came to the front because he'd gone for a compromise set up that suited the later dry laps. The McLarens weren't a major threat that year - on no other occasion did they finish higher than 3rd. Panis only scored points twice more that year, and was 14th on the grid on merit, so you can't really say he deserves to be a Grand Prix winner as such, when some far better guys never were.

And yes, I was wrong about Montoya. Not sure what I was thinking, probably did mean Kimi.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1258353)   #123
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Panis only scored points twice more that year, and was 14th on the grid on merit, so you can't really say he deserves to be a Grand Prix winner as such, when some far better guys never were.

Olivier Panis deserves to be a Grand Prix winner.

Why?

Because he completed the 1996 Monaco Grand Prix quicker than anyone else.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1258848)   #124
krt917
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
I was thinking that if the top two retired we would be adding another to the list...............

Who is the most likely candidate to be added next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Webber or Hiedfeld IMO.
I agree - the BAR doesn't look anything like quick enough to give Button his first win, which I thought might have been possible before the season started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo

People should consider these things. Would it be easier for Christian Albers to score ONE SINGLE POINT in a FULL SEASON on a Minardi or is it easier for Christian Albers to score a podium on A SINGLE RACE driving a Renault...

The second place of Ayrton Senna in 1984 in Montecarlo was worth a lot more than many of the easier victories he had on a McLaren Honda.

To win in Montecarlo in the rain driving a Ligier is more difficult than to win 14 races on wide tracks under sunny skies on a Adran Newey designed Williams-Renault...
I agree with the main argument - some wins are harder than others, though I think that your last 14-1 point is a bit OTT!

As for Panis, I'm glad he got his win and I do think that he was 'in the zone' at Monaco in '96.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1258881)   #125
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That wasn't a comment praising Panis, it was a comment criticising you-know-who. Panis onyl won that race because Hill, Alesi and Berger all broke down while leading, even before you consider that his choice of setup was as much luck as judgment. Much as he deserved a win in 1997, and would've surely got one were it not for Canada, I think he was a little lucky on the day.