Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Dec 2000, 13:27 (Ref:53312)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Prost had offered Singaporean Christian Murchison, the good bloke who got 2nd in Formula Holden, a drive in his F3000 team next season, and the chance to groom him for a drive in F1 comes 2001 or 2002, if he could produce S$3.5m of sponsorship frm singapore companies.

He started talks with the young 20 yr old since Sepang this year, invited him for F3000 tests and was impressed with his results. However, due to shortage of cash in F1 and F3000, he request the young driver to produce just S$3.5m.
Singapore Airlines and Singtel were rumoured to be the prefered bid, and Prost agreed to fly to Singapore "within 24hrs" should he be notified of any interested parties, offering sponsor space not only on his F3000 car, but also next season's F1 car.

Well...Good news for a fellow Singaporean i would say...i always believed that Christian is a nice guy and a quick aggresive and smooth driver, not to dissimilar to Jenson Button in their style. And if Prost also feels that way, Christian must have some qualities. I'm pretty sure he'd get the drive next year, as its a good deal for Singapore companies to break into the multimillion advertising world of F1!

Ceeya in 2001 Christian...and GOOD LUCK!

(information taken from THE STRAITS TIMES)
Old 19 Dec 2000, 16:07 (Ref:53326)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
OH DEAR !!!

information sourced from the Straits times !!!!!

well then i suggest that they get a complete new reporter as young Christian Murchison is an Australian and is not a singaporian ????

Christian comes from Western Australia and has competed in formula ford here and then in formula holden (Oz F3000) claiming 2nd in the series this year at his first attempt..he is an awesome driver and i have had the privillege of watching him a couple of times this year up close and personal and if pure aggression gets you anywhere then this is kid is going to be F1 world champ 15 times

not saying he will but his determination is incredible..I was very impressed and despite what he does with his career he has one me over as a fan thats for sure ..and i personally hope he does get the F3000 drive next year and then go on to even better things in F1.

but he is an Australian through and through..but if singapore companies want to sponsor him ..then thats great because our companies dont want to give our young guys any money to go overseas with ..which is a huge shame ..so they have to gain support where ever they can

GO CHRISTIAN
Old 20 Dec 2000, 03:16 (Ref:53410)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well....i read frm the local papers he is a singaporean...(i dunt noe if it means if he's born here, or got a singapore citizenship by migrating)...and ITV-f1.com, Formula1.com, and F1-live.com seems think so too.

At least, from what i heard, he went over to Australia to race, because 1)singapore has no racing circuit 2)Asia's racing gets you practically nowhere. 3)the closest place for good racing is Japan or Australia.

And from his looks, i do think that he looks more like an australian, but again frm wad i read..his parents are not locals in singapore, but he is termed singaporean for god-knows-wad reasons..... confusing yah?

thanks if there cud be someone to clarify, but wadeva the country he is frm, i wud support this nice young man...!

Old 20 Dec 2000, 05:30 (Ref:53427)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yes i have noticed all the big F1 sites calling him a singaporian ..i dont know why ..maybe he really is from there ..but he has been here for quite some time..i will look into this a bit more and see what I can find.
Old 20 Dec 2000, 07:47 (Ref:53441)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ok GT_R after some hunting around it seems we were both right in our own little way.
apparently Christian is an Australian citizen but just happened to be in Singapore when he was born..from what i can gather both his parents are Australians who were over in Singapore on business matters when Christian decided to arrive into the world..so in a way he is Singaporian and also he is australian.

anyway thats what ive managed to find out and it took me long enough

all that aside i still think he is an excellent driver no matter where he was born and i wish him all the luck in the world on landing the F3000 drive for 2001.