Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jul 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3834550)   #1
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC 2018 - Rounds 16, 17, 18 - Snetterton

The grid will look a bit different with Boardman out - https://www.facebook.com/75615863700...6665158333701/
Not a good year for the returning S2000 drivers!

--

"AmD with AutoAid/RCIB Insurance Racing have made the difficult decision to make a change to their driver line up for the second half of the BTCC season.

"It is always a difficult decision to make changes to any of our team personnel but the long term aims and goals of the team must come first. We will be replacing Tom Boardman for the second half of the BTCC. I would like to thank Tom for his efforts this year and wish him luck with his future motorsport", said AmD with AutoAid/ RCIB Insurance Racing Team Principal, Shaun Hollamby.

An announcement on a replacement to continue alongside Rory Butcher will be made before the next race at Snetterton at the end of the month."

Last edited by Evantra; 4 Jul 2018 at 09:33.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3834554)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also round 18 will be double length, with double points, with a seperate qualifying session late on the Saturday.

Has there been an official word on pitstops yet? I struggle to see the tyres lasting the whole race!

Last year, Goff qualified on pole, with Sutton and Shedden taking race wins (although perhaps two of those should've gone to WSR!)
Old 4 Jul 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3834567)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Has there been an official word on pitstops yet? I struggle to see the tyres lasting the whole race!
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-tyre-choices/

'Because of the change in format for the Snetterton weekend, which will feature a special Jubilee Celebration race that runs to the double the length of a regular race, a decision over which tyres will be used in the sixth meeting of the season will be taken after the traditional mid-season test at the Norfolk circuit.'
Old 4 Jul 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3834575)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Snetterton is sure to show up any disparity in straightline speed between cars.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3834578)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m sure the double length will be a great variety to have and hopefully it’ll be a great success. Well done to the series for this idea
Old 4 Jul 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3834586)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's not a double length race. It's 60 miles, which is 20 laps. Normal race length at Snetterton is 12 laps (36 miles), or up to 15 laps (45 miles) if there is a safety car.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 11:43 (Ref:3834590)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
snett isn’t hard on tyres at all, even in the heat we’re experiencing at the moment so it may well be that they can get away with it, especially with how well thruxton went.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3834597)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The BMWs are tending now to chew up their rear tyres. Not sure if this is a new "problem" for them or if this has been the case from the start of the BMW 125i. Perhaps its always been this way, but the recent "BOP changes" have made this more a factor...?
Old 4 Jul 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3834613)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
depends what sort of “chewing up” they’re doing, and what they look like i guess. perhaps they’ve been sailing close to the wind with their setup to keep up as well.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3834614)   #10
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wouldn't it be areal coup if Shaun could get MAT JACKSON ?
Old 4 Jul 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3834617)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
wouldn't it be areal coup if Shaun could get MAT JACKSON ?
No.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3834619)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
No.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3834638)   #13
Evantra
Veteran

England
Apparently Dan Welch () and Carl Boardley will be testing - I assume the VW - at Snett as well:

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news...ng-mg-1055947/
Old 4 Jul 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3834642)   #14
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently Dan Welch () and Carl Boardley will be testing - I assume the VW - at Snett as well:

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news...ng-mg-1055947/
Yep in the CC’s, Boardley is run by them in the GT4 Ginetta’s.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3834644)   #15
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Yep in the CC’s, Boardley is run by them in the GT4 Ginetta’s.
Haha, too many threads...

Good luck to them both, though it does suggest that some of the current HARD drivers aren't going to be getting a lot of testing in...
Old 5 Jul 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3834757)   #16
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Haha, too many threads...

Good luck to them both, though it does suggest that some of the current HARD drivers aren't going to be getting a lot of testing in...
They might not be current for much longer...
Old 8 Jul 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3835551)   #17
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So with the championship at the half way stage, how many drivers do we think are in with a chance of the titles
Old 8 Jul 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3835556)   #18
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Pretty open I think. Turks, AJ, Tingram, Neal, Goff I personally think have the strongest chance.

However I won't rule Sutton, Morgan, Cammish out yet. Chilton is getting his rhythm too.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3835557)   #19
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
So with the championship at the half way stage, how many drivers do we think are in with a chance of the titles
Realistically it's down to the current top 9 - Turkington, Ingram, Neal, Jordan, Chilton, Morgan, Goff, Sutton, Cook.

I think it'll come down to Turks VS Tingram at Brands; the latter still being my pick
Old 9 Jul 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3835622)   #20
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Within 40 points by the end of Rockingham, those will be your genuine title contenders. A little too early to predict who they will be at this point.

[Turkington]
Old 9 Jul 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3835721)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
ATM Tingram, Turkington, Neal and AJ have looked the most consistent
Old 10 Jul 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3835837)   #22
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AJ lacks victory and he wasn't the luckiest, either. But I reckon it's been his best season since 2014 so far.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3835913)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

AJ has had a good season so far, needs a win soon though
Old 10 Jul 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3835930)   #24
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's very likely he would have gotten a podium at Thruxton race 3 that he couldn't start and so by further in the standings
Old 12 Jul 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3836305)   #25
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's unlikely, even if Dynamics get on top of that new FK8 Civic before long, but I'd like Matt equal Rouse's record before his inevitable retirement.