Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Sep 2000, 03:07 (Ref:34710)   #1
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

D@mn!

At least the Audis finished 1-2
Old 3 Sep 2000, 05:04 (Ref:34726)   #2
Jim Clark
Rookie

Jim Clark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one. And besides...

...only once (so far, gulp), and only. Where were they when Roush was winning ten Daytona 24 Hours in a row for Ford?! yeah....
Old 4 Sep 2000, 13:34 (Ref:34929)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurrah for our side! Nice to hear the Vettes managed to pull one out this time.

I didn't see the race as it was broadcast the same time as the CART race, but I hear it was fab.

The rebroadcast, of course, is next Saturday, and I will catch it then.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 14:27 (Ref:34949)   #4
Jim Clark
Rookie

Liz...

...there's a HOT rumour of a new invention out..... it's called a Video Cassette Recorder... With which, if one is so inclined, one may (and can) watch one program whilst recording (for viewing at ones leisure) another that is airing simultaneously. I have my reservations, but reliable sources tell me it is so.....lol
P.S. Who exactly is "our"? Certainly you're not implying this whole board.... Matters not, one fluke of a race does not a champion make.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 14:43 (Ref:34951)   #5
Jim Clark
Rookie

Liz...

...I hear there's a HOT rumour out about a new invention called the Video Cassette Recorder. With it, one is supposed to be capable of recording one broadcast whilst watching another. I have my reservations, however reliable sources tell me it is so....lol
P.S. Who exactly is "our"? Not this whole board, i hope. One flukey race does not a champion make.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 15:35 (Ref:34959)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the Vette drivers is a Canadian. I meant Hurrah for the Canadian Side is all. (I saw Ron Fellows race at Le Mans and he is not only a lot of fun to watch, but a very nice guy. Specially since he got rid of that NASCAR 'stache).

My VCR has choked on a "Kelly's Heroes" tape and died. As soon as racing season is over and we have overhauled the car, I plan to get a new one. But first things first.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 18:23 (Ref:34991)   #7
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, forgive me if you already know thius, but you could've listened to the radio broadcast at http://www.americanlemans.com and also had a t/s sheet; that's how I "watched" the race knowing it was against CART.

And Kelly's Heroes is a d@mn good movie
Old 4 Sep 2000, 23:12 (Ref:35044)   #8
Liz
Veteran

I didn't know it but will note that for next time - a p**s poor planning error on the racing side, I would call that schedule!

You're right about Kelly's Heroes - it's one of my favourites. Absolutely everyone that is not in "Murder on the Orient Express" (my other favourite) is in Kelly's Heroes.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 15:38 (Ref:35135)   #9
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blame NBC for the programming decision. They placed it directly against the CART race on next day tape delay. it was a very good race other than the brutal heat.

For those without any idea, the Corvette and Viper cockpits were measured at 215 degrres F, the Corvette accelerator pedal was measured at over 230 degrees F. For Beretta and Wendlinger, their cool suits failed before the race started and they suffered greatly for it. The lead Corvette was flawless and the drivers were superb. The drivers were lucky Saturday it was only 102 degrres F, it had been 110. We got our first rain in 2 months just today after 16 days over 105 degrees F in Tulsa.
Old 7 Sep 2000, 01:05 (Ref:35472)   #10
Liz
Veteran

They had the same problem at Le Mans in the closed-cockpit cars. One of the youngest pilots actually started hallucinating in the car and he collapsed when he got out. (His mechanics, sympathetic fellows that they were, drew a chalk outline around him while the medics were working on him.) He was fine afterwards and said it was 130 inside the car.