Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3178897)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC International Trophy

TBA
Old 29 Apr 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3240424)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Had an entry for Guards on the 18th, but sadly had to cancel. May try to get along and spectate though.

I also have a test day booked for Friday 17th, if anyone can use it let me know via PM and I'll see if I can transfer the name.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3240492)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Had an entry for Guards on the 18th, but sadly had to cancel. May try to get along and spectate though.

I also have a test day booked for Friday 17th, if anyone can use it let me know via PM and I'll see if I can transfer the name.
We just booked testing Peter, so couple of days earlier..... Sorry to hear you aren't driving, hope to see you there regardless. Will be there all 3 days- the opposite of JRs comment on Donington- Test Friday, qualify Saturday, race Sunday........

Old 1 May 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3241511)   #4
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Peter,

I'd love to take over your test day to check that the repairs I'm having to make after the last test day are OK. Unfortunately due to the repairs I can't afford to test!

Ah motor racing don't you just love it!
Old 2 May 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3241637)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I can't get a response out of Julie (who's voicemail I keep getting) or a reply to my e mails. There is someone who would like the slot but I'm stuck at the moment.
Old 2 May 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3241692)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I take it back. Julie has e mailed me and we have exchanged details. Hopefully the test sessions will pass to the new person.
Old 8 May 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3244415)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable: http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...rstone_Int.pdf

Entry list: http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...rstone_Int.pdf
Old 9 May 2013, 02:59 (Ref:3244625)   #8
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a full grid entry list for the Guards GT race. Looks like some pretty fast car and driver combinations - feeling nervous already ....Maybe it'll rain!

Paul (Elan #8)
Old 9 May 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3244701)   #9
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvalveelan View Post
Looks like some pretty fast car and driver combinations - feeling nervous already ....!

Paul (Elan #8)
Indeed, look out especially for the McKay/Delta E'Type, not just fast but pretty too ....!

For me sadly reduced to spectating with the TR still in pieces, so had to withdraw from HRS.

James
Old 9 May 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3244753)   #10
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guards at Silverstone International

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvalveelan View Post
Good to see a full grid entry list for the Guards GT race. Looks like some pretty fast car and driver combinations - feeling nervous already ....Maybe it'll rain!

Paul (Elan #8)
Also a good entry for the Guards Sports Racers grid....cue for me to bang the drum again about splitting the Guards grid permanently etc etc etc

Mark

Old 9 May 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3244764)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sports racers are less one as I had cancelled my entry as my Merlyn is for sale.
Old 9 May 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3244818)   #12
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
silverstone

James, bring the Elva out in FJ! Best wishes, Robert
Old 10 May 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3245291)   #13
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Historic Road Sports are racing on Saturday. Martin Edridge (Mustang) and I will resume our friendly duel. The Chev Camaro will be featuring a stylish primer-paint finish as the unplanned paint job has taken a bit longer than forecast !
Looking forward to meeting any lurking TenTenthers at the track : current weather f'cast is dry/16C but I am sure that will change in the next 8 days. Pretty cold on the drive there, though, for 0730 scrutineering.
Nick
Old 10 May 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3245323)   #14
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
The Historic Road Sports are racing on Saturday. Martin Edridge (Mustang) and I will resume our friendly duel. The Chev Camaro will be featuring a stylish primer-paint finish as the unplanned paint job has taken a bit longer than forecast !
Looking forward to meeting any lurking TenTenthers at the track : current weather f'cast is dry/16C but I am sure that will change in the next 8 days. Pretty cold on the drive there, though, for 0730 scrutineering.
Nick
Nick, hopefully my little Lenham will be in the mix somewhere - but given the long straights at Silverstone I will probably be a moving chicane for you!

I have just heard a rumour that there was some issue over fuel samples at Cadwell. Apparently the Sunoco fuel available at the cicuit is not MSA authorised, it is FIA authorised however...Is this correct?
Old 10 May 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3245384)   #15
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to try make it down, looks a good meeting. Question is saturday or Sunday? Not sure my pocket can face two days but must admit there's interest to me on both.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 15 May 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3247755)   #16
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
I am sure assiduous TenTenthers will have spotted this, but there is a new race timetable on the HSCC website, dated 9th May which supercedes the 8th May timetable in the final instructions. Historic Road Sports and 70s Road Sports have swapped race times. HRS now 1320 not 1535.

Practise times are unchanged.

Good news for HRS competitors as the forecast is dry for that time, though showers later. Only 11C/12C, so Silverstone will live up to its reputation as the coldest place to race.
Nick
Old 15 May 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3247956)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Nick, it saves embarrassment.
Old 16 May 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3248418)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So who's testing Friday? We will be in the garages up Copse end, (10c to 12c) after testing over, so please feel free to come and say Hi. Shiny red thing, race #61, GT&SCC.

Old 16 May 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3248419)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ouch! Double post. First one ever for me. Do I get a prize?
Old 16 May 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3248424)   #20
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So who's testing Friday? We will be in the garages up Copse end, (10c to 12c) after testing over, so please feel free to come and say Hi.

Your pit garage numbers are also the likely temperature. Woolly cardis on for all drivers....
Nick
Old 16 May 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3248450)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Your pit garage numbers are also the likely temperature. Woolly cardis on for all drivers....
Nick
The forecast is changing by the hour, but I think scorchio is definitely not going to happen....... I'm taking shorts as a matter of principle only!

Old 16 May 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3248513)   #22
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you've packed the kettle
Old 16 May 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3248524)   #23
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
36 for the Histeric Formula Ford grid. I wonder if they are considering it practise for another race there in the July sunshine (we hope)?

Simon Toyne leading the points, wonder what Benn Simms will do about that...
Old 17 May 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3249121)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Touch wood only one rain shower today and all went well for us. Testing usual chaos with several red flags per session and limited running. Until, that is, 4pm when did half hour without stoppage! Was so worried came in after 15 minutes to ask if I should keep going.........

Delta has lost one car but the Volpini and Colin's E type are ready for battle tomorrow. Looking forward to having new tyres for qualifying- if we can find HP Tyres in the morning, that is!

Old 17 May 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3249132)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Will probably get along to view. And of course say hello. Camera will be ready (batteries charging as I write).