Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Oct 2003, 20:59 (Ref:750199)   #1
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know how to get to jarama?

hi ya, anyone got any ideas about airports, hotels etc to jarama?!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 21:16 (Ref:750218)   #2
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18 miles north of Madrid according to the first website produced by Yahoo - if I can do it so can you - a little inside knowledge : there are no direct flights from St Albans
Old 13 Oct 2003, 21:19 (Ref:750220)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That far? Im goin at the end of Nov for the WS finale and then to watch Real Madrid, should be a cracking weekend.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 11:53 (Ref:750772)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well its on the road from the airport to Madrid (unless they've moved the airport). About twenty mins drive.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 16:39 (Ref:751072)   #5
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
alright josvandeperre no need to be so sarcastic i had already found that out! i wanted to know if people had any inside info from being there before on the best way of doing things!!!!

i might be goin for the ws series too ghinzani - how are you going about flights and hotels?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 19:29 (Ref:751289)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are daily flights from LHR to Madrid. I think Sleazyjet goes there too from Luton. I'm sure BMI fly from Leeds/Bradford too.

What about speaking to MST in Banbury. They must know about flights and hotels for Jarama. You can get their number from my website suppliers page.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 14 Oct 2003 at 19:30.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 09:01 (Ref:751862)   #7
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Sarcastic of Battersea here - my excuse is your title sold me a dummy - I'm a nice helpful person really - having said that are flights to Madrid so difficult to find out about ? Just ask Posh & Becks - Oh No ! Its that mean streak coming out again...... Have a great trip
Old 15 Oct 2003, 18:27 (Ref:752532)   #8
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
ok thanks for all that - its been a big help! hows transport from the airport??? does anyone know if there are like shuttle buses etc?!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:27 (Ref:752978)   #9
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
The airlines that Peter has helpfully provided should have all that data on their sites when you check their timetables & fares (or do we need to provide that too ?) - come on : try ! - sorry its the old me coming out again....

Last edited by josvandeperre; 16 Oct 2003 at 08:28.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:43 (Ref:752990)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Jiggly. Madrid is a major city and indeed has all sorts of different transport available from buses to taxis. It even has trains but you sound like you need a tour package.

Really it won't be difficult to find your way to the circuit and if you don't want to use MST (that's Motor Sports Travel) who will no doubt be assisting a lot of people, then may I suggest you look at hotel and accommodation websites. Go to www.dogpile.com and type in hotels in Madrid. That should throw up loads of options.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:15 (Ref:753019)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This hotel's about £35.00 per night but I don't know where it is in relation to the circuit.

http://expressbyholidayinn.madrid.ic...ATAno=99504344
Old 16 Oct 2003, 10:01 (Ref:753052)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just one more thought on this.

Have you pm'd Jordi? He's from Catalan but may be able to help.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 11:00 (Ref:753100)   #13
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
its ok i think i have sorted out transport etc - and jos i am looking myself i am just seeing if people have any different ideas to the places i have already looked!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 11:09 (Ref:753111)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well what have you sorted out then?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 13:40 (Ref:753274)   #15
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
thats a bit nosy!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 14:07 (Ref:753297)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You started it! If you have directions, solutions to a problem etc. Surely its polite to share them with those who've attempted to help.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 14:36 (Ref:753331)   #17
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Peter - thats what we get for trying to help.....maybe if we ask nicely we can get volunteered to 'assist' with the college work too - write essays - that sort of thing
Old 16 Oct 2003, 18:27 (Ref:753532)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can you write my essays for me too?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 21:52 (Ref:753745)   #19
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jiggly_puff, could you detail your journey plans to put into a circuit guide please? We'll be working on getting some guides together over the off-season, so any info would be gratefully appreciated
Old 17 Oct 2003, 07:23 (Ref:754078)   #20
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would certainly be interested in a guide to getting to circuits by public transport.Most of my info is well out of date like a 1993 Euro rail timetable!
Old 17 Oct 2003, 12:45 (Ref:754318)   #21
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
but the thing is im cheating i'm not actually doing it myself - a friend is gonna be taking me
Old 17 Oct 2003, 13:24 (Ref:754346)   #22
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
So the real answer to your question 'how to get to Jarama' is 'have a friend take you' - is this whole thread just a blague to let the rest of the world know you are being treated to a weekend in Spain !

Excellent - have a good trip

Last edited by josvandeperre; 17 Oct 2003 at 13:27.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 14:00 (Ref:754378)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by jiggly_puff
but the thing is im cheating i'm not actually doing it myself - a friend is gonna be taking me
Hmm, thought so.

Jiggly. Your "friend" is taking you either by plane, boat, train car or another means. How is he doing it? Then you can repay the efforts that people have made on your behalf.

We don't need to know about honeymoon suites and all that stuff 'cos most of us have been there and done it!

But how the hell do you get to Jarama by whatever means you are using?
Old 18 Oct 2003, 13:45 (Ref:755078)   #24
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
oh of course i will do a guide for the site...........its just i was saying that i don't know any of the details of it now - and its still not 100% i'm going! but if i do i will let you all know!

Last edited by jiggly_puff; 18 Oct 2003 at 13:46.
Old 18 Oct 2003, 17:30 (Ref:755247)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good girl. Hope you get there and I hope its fun.