Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 6 Oct 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1425497)   #1
Kilvy
Rookie

Kilvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Hat Raceday - Mallory Park

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Motorsport photography. I have however lived just down the road from Castle Combe most of my life so have been going to race meetings as long as I can remember! If a car has a number on the door I'm interested.

I bought a D70 about a year ago and have been out practising at every opportunity since. Hence I made only my second visit to Mallory Park last weekend. Off to Combe on this saturday

A few of my favourite shots, critisism is actively encouraged...I want to learn!

cheers
Kilvy
Attached Thumbnails
021005_Mallory_047.jpg   021005_Mallory_058.jpg   021005_Mallory_132.jpg  

021005_Mallory_136.jpg   021005_Mallory_177.jpg  
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1425579)   #2
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Alfa picture. Well done on a nice collection of classic cars and photos.

Alex
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1425619)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmph!

You missed me.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1425636)   #4
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice set of pics - I like the Alfa too. Did you move around or did you stay at the hairpin? I think the lake makes a great backdrop especially on a sunny day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Hmph!

You missed me.
I got you!
http://www.motorsport-images.net/images/pmallett.jpg
Old 6 Oct 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1425659)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent! Nice view of the sea too.

Must have been using a very long lens. 400mm?
Old 6 Oct 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1425685)   #6
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilvy
Hi All,

I bought a D70 about a year ago and have been out practising at every opportunity since. Hence I made only my second visit to Mallory Park last weekend. Off to Combe on this saturday

A few of my favourite shots, critisism is actively encouraged...I want to learn!

cheers
Kilvy
Well since you're looking for some constructive criticism, you might want to try a slightly slower shutter speed. When the wheels on the cars are completely frozen like that they tend to look 'parked'.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1425732)   #7
Kilvy
Rookie

Kilvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks all,
Gungadan they do look frozen, I'm happy panning when there is more lateral movement but found it difficult at the hairpin, The Elan below is a longer exposure.... but not really long enough

Peter is this your rear fighting it out around Gerards?

Kilvy
Attached Thumbnails
021005_Mallory_110.jpg   021005_Mallory_123.jpg   021005_Mallory_191.jpg  

Old 6 Oct 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1425735)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
So it is. Just before I passed the blue one.