Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4028210)   #226
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What about Continental Circus
Gerard, I've been trying to find a copy of the Continental Circus album, is it available in France? I had one when I was 18, lent it to a friend, never saw it again. It's not even on Spotify!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4028211)   #227
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I'll try to find one for you Colin, my pleasure. Dont look for a great quality of picture, its more what we call a "documentaire" than a real film. Laperrousaz was not very rich I think.
Does this help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1wrSO_YrlY
Dont notice the first ad, very looooong!

The price!!! https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offe...492%7C48993564

En trois langues: https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offe...05492%7C637711

Cartoon? https://livre.fnac.com/a3409550/Baud...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited by Gerard C; 11 Jan 2021 at 18:40. Reason: I dont need a reason to edit, sir!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4028213)   #228
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Not the only thing the poor woman has suffered from for many years.
As always Baub, I thank you for your support. (Mind you, to add to her problems she's now started having to endure talking to someone on the telephone...)
Old 11 Jan 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4028215)   #229
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Should you want a book only available in France, Colin, I can arrange the shipment. Dont thank me please, Richard made me the same kind of proposal when I was looking for some Capri hard to find parts. I have an account on Rakuten, and we can deal through Paypal for the payment…
Old 11 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4028218)   #230
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Watt? Miss Viva gives phone calls to her tomatoes, now? Connected then… Did she teach her mince pies to jump into the oven, too?
Old 11 Jan 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4028219)   #231
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
More likely this one, Colin?
https://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/Book...yABEgJ8UPD_BwE

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-T...IAAOSwjnhf9euu

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCL...8AAOSwV3pe1m77

New: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycl...sAAOSwyiVf-RIy
Old 11 Jan 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4028220)   #232
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Watt? Miss Viva gives phone calls to her tomatoes, now? Connected then… Did she teach her mince pies to jump into the oven, too?
I didn't realise you still got the pips on the telephone!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 19:22 (Ref:4028223)   #233
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I didn't realise you still got the pips on the telephone!
Please John we're talking about a Lady…
Old 11 Jan 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4028238)   #234
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
An interesting read Grant. Mrs V has suffered with arthritis for the past 40 years (first diagnosed when she was 18) and although she doesn't eat dozens of the things on a daily basis, she does enjoy a tomato. I've recently discovered that she has started taking turmeric tablets (not sure why this was a 'secret' but they can be strange at times...) which she's bought on-line as I know it's supposed to have a number of health benefits. I'll see if I can trade the information regarding the nasty effects of tomatoes in return for feedback on the effects of the turmeric. If there is any tangible improvement I will let you know.

My lady recently started taking something called JointFuel which she bought online after seeing it recommended on Facebook - I was highly sceptical, but after a couple of weeks the really crippling pain she'd been experiencing in her hips (confirmed by CT scan to be arthritic osteoporiosis), which had left her so unsteady that she'd had a fall in the bathroom, started to diminish, and is now almost completely gone. Main ingredient is of course Turmeric, and she of course is a convert. The tablets cost about £1/day, but if it works who cares? I'm just miffed that she's not on commission for the stuff, as she's telling everyone who'll listen (and a few who won't ) about it. To be fair another 75 year-old friend who has tried them reckons he's had great improvement too......
Old 11 Jan 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4028255)   #235
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Gerard (and sorry for thanking you) but it's the record I'm after. The music's not great but of its time!

Edit: there is a recent re-release available but I'm being picky and looking for an original copy.

Last edited by Colin McKay; 11 Jan 2021 at 23:21.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4028261)   #236
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The guy that runs Larkins Brewery is a real character along with some of his mates, one of them runs a forestry firm with this name
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brodie.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	66222
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jan 2021, 06:04 (Ref:4028322)   #237
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As always Baub, I thank you for your support. (Mind you, to add to her problems she's now started having to endure talking to someone on the telephone...)
5th set, 5 games all. Bauble to serve.
New balls. please.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 06:30 (Ref:4028324)   #238
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont talk about balls, EB, Miss Viva must be very very young, she's just learning to talk over the phone…

Sorry Colin, too happy to help, "le coup est parti tout seul!".
Rewind, do it again, I try harder:
https://www.le-livre.fr/autres-colle...130011947.html
https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offe...-33-tours.html
https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offe...-33-tours.html
Same offer with a restriction: I totally ignore in which conditions a venial can travel…

Hey guys, anyone remembers what is a 33 T? By the way, is it called a 33 R in our country and do they anti-clockwise since the BXT?
Old 12 Jan 2021, 06:59 (Ref:4028326)   #239
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The guy that runs Larkins Brewery is a real character along with some of his mates, one of them runs a forestry firm with this name
Attachment 66222
Same sort of theme but.... (Gerard and Bauble know of this already but...)

One of the tracks I used to race at was Winton in Victoria.... about 250klms North of Melbourne, a crowd of us used to stay at a pub for the weekend. Called the Farmers Arms. It was a typical country Victoria establishment, very basic, but clean. They used to stay open at night for as long as the locals wished to drink, so breakfast in the morning we were told was a help yourself to anything we wanted in the kitchen, but cook it yourself. It had a huge walk in fridge and we would always make ourselves huge full English breakfasts. It was less than $20 (10 pounds) per night including breakfast. Bonus was a huge carpark ideal for racing rigs parking.

Over a few visits we all became known as the Farmers Arms Racing Team. We twigged that the initials were FART.... so we became FART racing. The locals loved it. We had T Shirts made, white, with the logo in the Leyton House March F1 Turquoise on front and back of the shirts.

It was an area plagued with bush fires destroying houses and crops every year, so we had T-shirts printed and sold them at the pub, track wherever, with all proceeds to the local bushfire help fund.
The logo....
Attached Thumbnails
Farmers Arms Racing Team Logo.jpg  
Old 12 Jan 2021, 07:42 (Ref:4028330)   #240
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice story, glad to read it again.Efficient if not elegant… If I translate in Mum's tongue it gives PROUT, right?
Old 12 Jan 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4028341)   #241
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nice story, glad to read it again.Efficient if not elegant… If I translate in Mum's tongue it gives PROUT, right?
Oui!!
Old 12 Jan 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4028345)   #242
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks to many here, at least I improve my understanding… My turn now:
"Partir comme un pet sur une toile cirée" means to be quick, really quick, right?
Old 12 Jan 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4028347)   #243
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks to many here, at least I improve my understanding… My turn now:
"Partir comme un pet sur une toile cirée" means to be quick, really quick, right?

The usual expression in UK English would be "Like sh*t off a shovel"!
Old 12 Jan 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4028353)   #244
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for the "clarification", Mike!
Old 12 Jan 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4028362)   #245
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Save yourself the purchase John..... someone has kindly uploaded a digital remaster copy of it to 'social media'.

The full LP, all 45 minutes of it. (You dont even have to be a facething member..... Im not and I just managed to watch it.... yes watched is the word as the video has the original sound track with many b/w and colour photos of the event on screen.)
Photos are from 'the Henry Ford Collection'

https://www.facebook.com/gt350lady/v...1981383693827/

Edit: Cant help you with Festiniog Railway though.

2nd edit: Maybe I can re the railway! Settle for a 1970's 10 minute 35mm home movie of the Ffestiniog Railway? Albeit with a rather strange soundtrack
https://youtu.be/bKIadddSQsE
I've just had a quick look at that - very evocative!
Old 12 Jan 2021, 13:32 (Ref:4028425)   #246
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The usual expression in UK English would be "Like sh*t off a shovel"!
Va comme une merde sur une pelle ?
Old 12 Jan 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4028434)   #247
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
On the flip side istr a mate of mine telling me that he was advised to eat tomatoes and tomatoes soup regularly to help keep prostrate cancer at bay
Indeed I fully support the idea that tomatoes are an excellent nutritional source for most people and I enjoy them, especially the cherry toms sizes.

But I suspect that there is much yet to learn about the positive and negative effects of most chemicals (in the widest sense of the word chemical) on out bodies.

For example there is some research going on with respect to "Long Covid" that seems to be be suggesting that different people's bodies with apparently the same observable problems will respond in different ways to specific treatment directions. So what works for one does not work for another and may, possibly, make things worse for some.

Tricky trying to come up with prescriptions on that basis.

I have to say the tomato thing surprised me.

It may not be the only factor but by and large, in terms of food, not much else has changed at all. Certainly not intentionally.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4028447)   #248
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
245 hours after my Covid Jab, I am feeling a little under the weather, initially all was well, but after an hour I started to feel rather miserable (best I can do to describe it) a bit feverish, and flushed in the face. A couple of paracetemol sorted it, but I did start to eat a lot, unusual at that time of the day, also had a slightly upset tummy. Nothing very dramatic, but definitely something was upsetting my delicate health

Slept rather badly at night , half awake and half asleep (no comments Viv), still felt a bit groggy all morning, but now just rather tired.

I would say that this was as advertised by the Doc who stuck the needle in, and it is quite mild. Mrs B who had her jab at the same time, has had no problems at all.

Not so happy days!

Baub.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4028450)   #249
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This time last year, I was knocked flat by something that gave me a high temperature, a cough and headache. At the time I had no idea what it was but a couple of days sleeping and I was able to get out and about. Since then I haven't had a cold or flu which is strange for me since I usually suffer at least twice per year. The symptoms appear to be similar to what you've suffered Bob, so I wonder if I got a mild dose of covid.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4028452)   #250
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Va comme une merde sur une pelle ?
Correct!

@Bob, are you OK? Its the first post you forget to throw something to some other face. Another secondary effect? Are you sure this was a real Doc? Where di you have the injection, its not same place as taking temperature, you know… Aint those symptoms typical of post-Brexit?